• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

BLCKATK

Gonna have some serious game time today, I'm pumped. If anyone needs a plus one for Hard Mode raid or Iron Banner let me know. Gonna be playing Final Fantasy in the meantime.

I also have to do one more trials card for the book, I'd be down for that. I wouldn't consider myself good at 3s though. I'd give it my all, but I can't say I've done well in year 3 trials.

Hey guys, my wife is a Titan, should she get the boots this week from Xur, or get a few more strange coins and get the Red Death Exotic?

How come Xur's Red Death is 350, but the one you can get with legendary coins is only 250? Can you upgrade the weaker one to 400?

XGoldenboyX

Hi guys,

I just did a Destiny update 1.29. Im not sure if its the update, but the game looks really Jaggied as is Anti Aliasing is Off and shadow quality is very low and flickering ?

Does anyone find it this way as well ? Its not as clean or sharp as I remember?

Melchiah

Hey guys, my wife is a Titan, should she get the boots this week from Xur, or get a few more strange coins and get the Red Death Exotic?

How come Xur's Red Death is 350, but the one you can get with legendary coins is only 250? Can you upgrade the weaker one to 400?

I'd get the boots myself, but it depends on which she finds more useful. You can get more exotic coins in no time doing various activities. In my case, ranking up factions by doing bounties on patrols and strikes. It's advisable to buy Three of Coins from Xur, for the possibility of getting exotic engrams from ultra class enemies. EDIT: And from PVP matches.

You can raise the light level of any gear by infusing it with a higher one.

Dunemarchers are really fun to use so do get them before Xur leaves.

Red Death was nerfed so it's not what it used to be. Still a good primary since it heals you per kill but personally I'd go for the boots.

Also you can get enough coins to buy both if you complete bounties, decrypt engrams, level factions, play strikes and open the chests multiple times at Prison of Elders lvl 28 treasure room.

Xur's stuff is always 350. The one you can get from the Kiosk must be 280, not 250; and yes, you can upgrade it to the max. Just don'y buy the year 1 version by mistake.

Dunemarchers are really fun to use so do get them before Xur leaves.

Red Death was nerfed so it's not what it used to be. Still a good primary since it heals you per kill but personally I'd go for the boots.

Also you can get enough coins to buy both if you complete bounties, decrypt engrams, level factions, play strikes and open the chests multiple times at Prison of Elders lvl 28 treasure room.

Xur's stuff is always 350. The one you can get from the Kiosk must be 280, not 250; and yes, you can upgrade it to the max. Just don'y buy the year 1 version by mistake.
awesome...what's Prison of Elders? Is that Story Mode mission?

I'd get the boots myself, but it depends on which she finds more useful. You can get more exotic coins in no time doing various activities. In my case, ranking up factions by doing bounties on patrols and strikes. It's advisable to buy Three of Coins from Xur, for the possibility of getting exotic engrams from ultra class enemies. EDIT: And from PVP matches.

You can raise the light level of any gear by infusing it with a higher one.
ok...gotcha, if you switch over factions, does that mess up your Vanguard/Crucible rep?

awesome...what's Prison of Elders? Is that Story Mode mission?

It's an arena where you fight waves of enemies and a boss at the end for access to a treasure room that has 3 chests. The 2 small chest can give you 3-4 strange coins and you can keep on doing the activity as much as you want.

You can access it from the reef director.

ok...gotcha, if you switch over factions, does that mess up your Vanguard/Crucible rep?

No it does not.

Ok...just did Prison of Elders and got some strange coins and an exotic Fusion Rifle, Plan C. But it's only 160 attack.

Should I bother leveling this up or just use it for PVP matches?

Ok...just did Prison of Elders and got some strange coins and an exotic Fusion Rifle, Plan C. But it's only 160 attack.

Should I bother leveling this up or just use it for PVP matches?

Exotic shard. You can still use it on normal PvP or patrol. And you can now also buy the new version from the tower blueprint quiosk

Chaperone is a fun gun. You will probably be able to cheese it out in SRL-- just race with TLW equipped-- you'll likely win more than you die.

If you have no shame, you can cheese it now in private matches. You need

Nice! I never thought of either of those solutions. But actually, I've gone up to 90 in the last couple of matches already tonight with my old method I remembered: just switch to TLW when my super is full, get a double or triple Fist of Havoc, then switch back out. The percentage seems to freeze in place when you unequip TLW.

NastyBook

And now she wants to watch The Flash and Arrow. Maybe tomorrow, guys.
KuGsj.gif

just switch to TLW when my super is full, get a double or triple Fist of Havoc, then switch back out. The percentage seems to freeze in place when you unequip TLW.

That's correct, it only changes when equipped. 1.0 KD with it equipped is not enough to advance it. I did it with my Warlock like that, just before stormtrancing was brought down to its current power.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games everyone.

Last 25 games of rift, 24 - 1. And I wouldn't even count the last one as a loss because it was super close and we only lost because of some red nut.

Seafood with the funniest fist of the year.

So my wife missed the boots for her Titan because we thought Xur would be here all Sunday and she was trying to get enough Strange coins for the boots and the Red Death, now she has neither '-(

Now I'm reading these are some of the best boots in the game, anyway to get them non randomly dropped from a Raid?

KiDdYoNe

Anyone from Europe wants to start fresh?
I am looking at 50% discount for Collection but what stops me is that no one I know plays Destiny anymore. And looks like constant party would be a nice thing for this game.

WeTeHa

So my wife missed the boots for her Titan because we thought Xur would be here all Sunday and she was trying to get enough Strange coins for the boots and the Red Death, now she has neither '-(

Now I'm reading these are some of the best boots in the game, anyway to get them non randomly dropped from a Raid?

I don't think the boots are all that great for a pve player. I'd use twilight garrison for awesome mobility or armamentarium for double grenades or helm of saint 14 for a blinding bubble. IMO all much better exotics to use in pve.

Yeah. It drops from anything that can give you exotics. Nightfall, raid, strikes, crucible. Dont worry.

I don't think the boots are all that great for a pve player. I'd use twilight garrison for awesome mobility or armamentarium for double grenades or helm of saint 14 for a blinding bubble. IMO all much better exotics to use in pve.
Yeah, definitely my wife is not playing, she does it just for the points once in a while and is happy to get like 3-4 kills a round with her super lol. Outside of that, she plays exclusively PvE though, so yeah, looking to have a tank of a Titan so she doesn't die so much during the harder Strikes and Raids we'll play together.

I'm currently leveling up a Hunter and Warlock myself...But thinking maybe Hunter would be the best supporter with that healing sub-class since I can go invisible and revive her when she gets into trouble. Doesn't seem like Warlock is that great in support category.

Melchiah

I'm strictly a PVE player, and Dunemarchers and Frost-EE5, coupled with Memory of Jolder artifact, made the character movement much more enjoyable for me. They also work well in the Elders and Forge arenas, giving you a better mobility.

Yeah, definitely my wife is not playing, she does it just for the points once in a while and is happy to get like 3-4 kills a round with her super lol. Outside of that, she plays exclusively PvE though, so yeah, looking to have a tank of a Titan so she doesn't die so much during the harder Strikes and Raids we'll play together.

I'm currently leveling up a Hunter and Warlock myself...But thinking maybe Hunter would be the best supporter with that healing sub-class since I can go invisible and revive her when she gets into trouble. Doesn't seem like Warlock is that great in support category.

Best support for a Titan is......another Titan. :p

Top Bottom