• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

X-Frame

Some clarification please on the end of the Exotic Pulse Quest:

What counts as a "boss" for the kill 3 bosses in the raid quest step -- does Vosik (opening the door) and killing Vosik count as 1 total or 2?

Does the Death Zamboni count as a boss? Thanks!

EL CUCO

mZKHQpE.jpg
Wipe boyz in the building... its been a long time, feels good to be back.
Thanks for the run, Biggy and Manny. 💪

Geist-

Spoiler relating to raid bosses:
Vosik does not count. I'm not sure about Siege Engine. Our team just did the second boss three times over. (The ones with throwing SIVA charges), by saving the checkpoint and switching back.
For future reference, that boss is still Vosik and considered the first boss.

Hedera

Anyone need to kill the bosses in the raid for the second to last step of the exotic quest? Need 3 people and we were thinking about killing the first boss 3 times (assuming that works).

If they aren't going to make the Psion Flayers strike worth playing they need to just take it out of rotation (Especially in the SIVA strikes). 90% of the time that strike comes up at least one person leaves.

Any two people interested in Raiding like right now?

We have 4 people who have never ran it before, and we'd like to sort of explore it for the first time ourselves.

Wrath of the Machine Raid for Newbies!

I've got 2 slots open

• Kor
  • Kor's Wife
  • Kor's Friend
  • Kor's Nemisis
  • This could be you
  • Or even better, THIS could be you!

We're ready to go right now, if anyone is interested.

lt519

Started a ticket 5-0 including a win over a team of Y3 scarabs. Then lost when leading 4-2 the next match and then lost out, frustrating.

Kor, is this going to be instructional? Me and Thunder have alts to run through the raid so we could help out but we just did our 5 hour raid last night and don't know if we can do that again tonight. What kind of time commitment are you thinking? If you want to take total newbies, no problem.

If not does anyone want to get an Alt raid going? Could probably go up to the final boss.

Dave_6

Well it's nice to finally be able to post here again, and on a day where at this moment I really hate this game. Between worthless randoms, completely shit RNG and not having enough time to play and just somewhat keep up, I nearly had it today. Guess I'll play Forza Horizon 3 instead for a while...

Started a ticket 5-0 including a win over a team of Y3 scarabs. Then lost when leading 4-2 the next match and then lost out, frustrating.

Kor, is this going to be instructional? Me and Thunder have alts to run through the raid so we could help out but we just did our 5 hour raid last night and don't know if we can do that again tonight. What kind of time commitment are you thinking? If you want to take total newbies, no problem.

If not does anyone want to get an Alt raid going? Could probably go up to the final boss.

Like 3 hours or less if we can.

It's more we want to just take a shot or two are the encounters and when they don't work, we'll just look it up.

It's more that we don't want someone going all taskmaster on us.

Yes they did, it activates instantly now, many a strikers have survived a snipe from me because of that.
Thumbs up Bungie. That is just laughable. I guess they thought it wasn't already annoying enough.

*sigh* I think I might just avoid all PvP until the next balance patch.
aka I'll be playing within the week lol

But no let's nerf shoulder charge LMAO

lt519

Like 3 hours or less if we can.

It's more we want to just take a shot or two are the encounters and when they don't work, we'll just look it up.

It's more that we don't want someone going all taskmaster on us.

I think we'll pass then, we did it blind last night and not sure we have the patience after banging our heads against the final boss last night and today. It'll be tough for us to stay quiet. Good luck though! If you struggle getting two more after a bit give me a shout.

GhaleonEB

It's because none of those Guardians in the tower are dancing, right?

Each time I replay the opening of the game, when the Ghost introduces the tower, I laugh. He says, "And this...is where the Guardians live." The camera pans slowly across the central area and Guardians are just wandering around slowly, talking, etc.

I always imagine that same shot showing guardians dancing, leaping off the edge, standing in line and then weeping as the Cryptarch fucks them, the glowing ball bouncing around, and someone bobbing up and down in the fan atop the shop. Welcome to Destiny, champ.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It doesn't get any worse than that.

Had all the advantage but we kept screwing up.

Last round final boss. One enemy down. 10 seconds to go and they get nova bombed.

I haven't played Destiny since the first month of its launch and sold it.

I am interested in returning to the game, since it looks a lot beefier now, but is there any additions to the story or is just primarily a shoot em up loot game now?

Arrrammis

I haven't played Destiny since the first month of its launch and sold it.

I am interested in returning to the game, since it looks a lot beefier now, but is there any additions to the story or is just primarily a shoot em up loot game now?

There have been some good additions to the story, much better writing and acting than vanilla (especially in the Taken King), but it's really not worth playing for the story itself. (The majority of the lore is still outside of the game itself in grimoire cards) The story will get you to near max level, at which point it turns into more of a loot game, so it's a bit of both.

Top Bottom