• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Wilde

Just got the OP, and it pushed me to 387!

CtuargwUAAA2CXJ.jpg:large

X-Frame

Why the hell are there so many red bars in PvP?!

I thought RoI was supposed to fatten the player pool in Destiny so it would be easier for the game to find good local connections. Every single game I played today had 2-3 red bars and multiple yellows.

It's seriously ridiculous how stubborn the Bungie Crucible team is in regards to SBMM.

There have been some good additions to the story, much better writing and acting than vanilla (especially in the Taken King), but it's really not worth playing for the story itself. (The majority of the lore is still outside of the game itself in grimoire cards) The story will get you to near max level, at which point it turns into more of a loot game, so it's a bit of both.

Most of the lore still outside of the game is disappointing. I think I'll still get back into the game but was just hoping for more story/lore stuff.

Why the hell are there so many red bars in PvP?!

I thought RoI was supposed to fatten the player pool in Destiny so it would be easier for the game to find good local connections. Every single game I played today had 2-3 red bars and multiple yellows.

It's seriously ridiculous how stubborn the Bungie Crucible team is in regards to SBMM.

AHInDRj.jpg

After last night's attempt to clear the raid with the monitors (just some bad luck, we were pretty damn good) one thing that has become clear about the final boss fight is
you have to stay calm and calmly announce who is empowered and where. This fight isn't Atheon left side/right side. There's a solid minute from the empowerment until dunking commences. Relax, suss out who goes where, drop the servitors and get where you need to go. For the following dunks you only need two people for the other positions. Say, "I'm empowered, heading left/middle/back." One other person takes the remaining position. Super chill. Rest remain wherever you wanna dps and make a start on the boss.

This fight is so damn
chill just take it slow. Unless people are getting dropped by the captain (only real threat imo) then it's all execution. We've done much more convoluted stuff before guys.

So basically
relax
Also I'm a big proponent of admitting mistakes. I like to investigate where things went wrong or if it was me I'll be the first to admit it. If I ask how we wiped it's because I want to do something about it if it's possible, not trying to attack anyone. We win together guys. Basically, communication is OP

LifEndz

Finally beat the raid earlier today. Goddamn Bungie. They really outdid themselves. Simple mechanics, but the difficultly is enhanced is the team isn't communicating. Probably my second favorite raid behind vault of glass.

So basically
relax
Also I'm a big proponent of admitting mistakes. I like to investigate where things went wrong or if it was me I'll be the first to admit it. If I ask how we wiped it's because I want to do something about it if it's possible, not trying to attack anyone. We win together guys. Basically, communication is OP

Well said and absolutely true. I''m sure as everyone, myself included, becomes more accustomed to the encounter, everyone will be less frantic.

Thank you for your time earlier. Led by your example, we were fortunate to finish a few rounds after you had to leave.

Well said and absolutely true. I''m sure as everyone, myself included, becomes more accustomed to the encounter, everyone will be less frantic.

Thank you for your time earlier. Led by your example, we were fortunate to finish a few rounds after you had to leave.

Nice! I'll probably get the quest started during a reset raid next week hopefully so not a major loss. The more people comfortable the better.

Also good to know I wasn't blabbing all that time and being completely off haha
Except that one time Aksis revisited a spot he previously teleported and I said I'd solo dunk. Think that mistake cost us a clear once

Doberu

I know I'm always asking for help. But I just want to say thanks for letting me join your groups to do raids and ToO Destiny took me away from WoW legion and I don't regret it one bit. I just wan to say Thanks to all of you guys.

Dthomp

Watching this child get carried by luckyDUELstars and Munchgawd makes my blood boil that I'll never see Mercury...or even find a group half the time :(

I have the reaction time and thumb skills of an even older man then I already am

Silvard

I wanna raid (full, all monitors) or Trials (for bounties and ticket completions) or just straight up PvP (in a fireteam) :( .

Bold One

Yeah, it really is. I think the technical polish in Destiny is under-appreciated. Playing through to this point took over a week, but I also played for several hours every day; Destiny re-hooked me.

I'm going fo chip away at missions for a few days, then look into getting back into the groove with DGAF. I'll need help with Nightfalls! :D

what made you stop playing ?

XAL

We need one more person to help us kill Aksis phase 2 (we did all monitors).

Preferably 370+ experience preferred.

PS4: OHGODTHEBEES

Deku Tree

It feels like Faction rank up weapons box gives a primary 90% of the time, and armor rank ups give a helmet 10% of the time. Bungie why didn't you just give equal chances to get different weapons and armor slots?

Top Bottom