• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

WeTeHa

The drop rate differences between normal and heroic strikes is completely neglible. I actually had more luck with the normal strike playlist. About 3 keys in 16 strikes, which is more than I would have gotten through heroic, and in less time too if I had run the same amount of heroic strikes.

With the amount of RNG involved in everything in destiny it's hard to make such a definitive statement. I was just speaking from the experience the community has with strike drops. And even then people argued about drop rates after like an entire year of strike exclusive drops and shitty droprates. I got back to back keys in 2 heroic strikes, doesn't mean the drop rate is significantly (or not) higher than normal.

Re: Trials - do gold bounty rewards not contain any year 3 gear?

I rarely even get to 5 wins. If this is true I guess I'm done with Trials :(

Jinjo

With the amount of RNG involved in everything in destiny it's hard to make such a definitive statement. I was just speaking from the experience the community has with strike drops. And even then people argued about drop rates after like an entire year of strike exclusive drops and shitty droprates. I got back to back keys in 2 heroic strikes, doesn't mean the drop rate is significantly (or not) higher than normal.

That's kinda my point though. The difference in droprates seems to be so neglible that it is "quicker" to farm the keys from normal strikes, since you'll have more strike completions (and thus more dropmoments) in the same amount of time. Whether those dropmoments turn into keys is offcourse RNG.

Ranked up with my Factions 6 times today and not one ghost. It's the only thing holding me back. It's almost 10 LL lower than everything else I own.

123rl

I love my new PvE shotgun:

pTrQxl8.png

Hzoltan69

Full WOTM Raid with monitors at 3pm EST.
Just need it on my third, so let's make it quick and easy :)

1. Hzoltan969 (Warlock, 380)
2. RickyRozay ?
3. jayforone (Warlock, 370)

KxoZz

Won first 3 games with a group and then they kicked me for whatever reason... So now I have a passage with 5 wins and no group :(
Anyone want to help?

WeTeHa

Full WoTM run with monitors, 10 am EST (PS4) [2 hours from this post]

1. Weteha (Warlock)
2. grave
3. tick
4. molnizzle
5. LiK (maybe)
6. kyored

alt: astropoff

Keep in mind, we have to finish the raid to get the quest, so ideally be 365+ and bring some free time with you :p

kyored

1. Weteha (Warlock)
2. grave
3. tick
4. molnizzle
5. LiK (maybe)

Keep in mind, we have to finish the raid to get the quest, so ideally be 365+ and bring some free time with you :p

I'll go if u need someone

Hedera

Speaking of keys, I saw I had one in the postmaster with DIM, refreshed it, and it was gone. It had filled up I guess :( Sad times...

WeTeHa

Wow. Crucible turned into a full on shotgun shitshow.

Since all the nerfs I don't think I've seen anybody use a doctrine (well... of course except me, and I am losing gunfights left and right I could win before...)
Seems like, once again, they overdid it with the nerfs.

Reddit has a seemingly unconfirmed theory that the 320 Siva crisis playlist actually had a better skeleton key drop rate than the 350 Heroic playlist - it sounds more like confirmation bias than anything else but given the weirdness of the 320 Sepiks strike I'm not totally against the theory. I'm planning on saving the two keys from my alts until my Warlock main gets up to 365.

Even if the drop rate is anywhere close at all, it's probably better to do the 320 strike list for them since the strikes are so much easier/quicker to get through I imagine.

Zakalwe

Banned

1. Weteha (Warlock)
2. grave
3. tick
4. molnizzle
5. LiK (maybe)

I'd really love to run this. 367 Titan. We got to the boss last night with all monitors but ran out of steam. Had the tactics down on lock.

Psn: astropoff

Reddit has a seemingly unconfirmed theory that the 320 Siva crisis playlist actually had a better skeleton key drop rate than the 350 Heroic playlist - it sounds more like confirmation bias than anything else but given the weirdness of the 320 Sepiks strike I'm not totally against the theory. I'm planning on saving the two keys from my alts until my Warlock main gets up to 365.
Fwiw I've gotten more keys from the 320 playlist than I have the heroic one. Probably just a case of rng and/or confirmation bias as you said but that doesn't change the fact that I've gotten more keys doing the easier playlist lol

Wow. Crucible turned into a full on shotgun shitshow.

Since all the nerfs I don't think I've seen anybody use a doctrine (well... of course except me, and I am losing gunfights left and right I could win before...)
Seems like, once again, they overdid it with the nerfs.
Would you believe that after they were nerfed and were already not being used at all, they got nerfed again?

Bungie: we nerf everything!
So I opened a skeleton chest and literally got nothing... what the hell?
Postmaster?

WeTeHa

Would you believe that after they were nerfed and were already not being used at all, they got nerfed again?

Bungie: we nerf everything!

Postmaster?

doctrine archetype had 3 nerfs right?
first damage
then damage and counterbalance
then magazine size

or something like that

WeTeHa

Oh shit you're right lol. The magazine one makes no sense to me.

I mean it was EITHER nerf the damage OR the magazine, not both.

Now I need like an entire clip to kill one enemy. Need to find a new weapon that I actually enjoy using, doctrine was so much fun.

Strider

So what level do I need to be so that I don't get killed by a 380+ sniper body shot in IB?

Because that's my goal over the next few days :p

I mean it was EITHER nerf the damage OR the magazine, not both.

Now I need like an entire clip to kill one enemy. Need to find a new weapon that I actually enjoy using, doctrine was so much fun.
Except it didn't need either of them. After the two damage nerfs, you literally never saw anyone use that archetype anymore. And Bungie nerfed it! And yet Universal Remote is still sniping people.

Deku Tree

Fwiw I've gotten more keys from the 320 playlist than I have the heroic one. Probably just a case of rng and/or confirmation bias as you said but that doesn't change the fact that I've gotten more keys doing the easier playlist lol

Can you hold more than one key on a character at the same time?

Wait, there's no 320 version of the Nexus? Dammit, I love that strike. :(

Bungie wishes that strike never existed. Too much cheese. To hard to do legit with the wrong burn.

Those were removed around the same time 3oC were introduced

No 3oC were introduced at the start of TTK.

Top Bottom