• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

I wonder who at Bungie comes up with these seemingly random amounts of items you can hold-
100 ammo packs, 10 splicer keys, 1 SIVA offering, 5 skeleton keys, Etc...

Trakan

Bungie wishes that strike never existed. Too much cheese. To hard to do legit with the wrong burn.

I think they're saving it for next year's April update equivalent. Update that one, throw in a new strike maybe, and update VOG making it Vex themed.

Hey Bungie,

If 385 is the cap and I'm at 386...why are my drops 384?
Why are they 384 when I'm 385?
Why are they still 384 when I'm 384?

Who is in charge of this shit?

JJShadow

I really love the raid auto rifle

having that firefly perk on an auto is just amazing, I've taken it to some heroic strikes with solar burn and small arms and it's an absolute beast, everything was blowing up

Really like as well that sound when you trigger the firefly perk, so satisfying haha

Thx for the strikes, dude.

No worries mate, it was a really nice run, got a couple of skeleton keys and two exotics engrams

FrankT

The 320 prime strike-the chests you open there would still give items above your current level or par? So say you ar 370 it would give items in the range? You do not have to use the keys on 350 strikes to benefit?

Also the same with exoctic drops?

Played for hours the last couple days and cant get a damn Primary weapon or Chest piece that's above 365. Or a ghost for that matter.

A few things to fix the leveling could be:

- make blue drops up to 365 in Archons Forge (at least for enhanced/perfected)
- any legendaries after 365 should decrypt like Faction packages/Archons Forge legendaries
-Patrol missions like Quarantine/High value target and such should also go up to 365 with a chance of a legendary
- give a small chance of 365 blues from chests.

It's annoying enough going from 350-365, but going much above 365 is nearly impossible through regular play of the game.

lt519

WotM fun run at noon EST, ps4.

Need to run an alt, no monitors. If you haven't done it before that's fine just be ready to learn and listen. Will make a call at Phase 2 if our team is ready for big boss man.

1. Rarbusto
2. HidingMyThunder?
3. Rarbusto friend?

? Are reserved but may open in a bit if I don't hear from my buddies

They should do a treasure patrol where a chest comes up on patrol that has a legendary engram or strange coin reward. Maybe a boss could be guarding it.

You could go further and players could even have to opt in and for those opted in friendly fire could be turned on and only 1 person gets the loot. Maybe no boss for that one and it's just a mad dash vs everyone else to get it.

Hedgey

Just got the thorn, got a 0.6KD in crucible trying to use it.
Does anyone use it in PvE or should I just get rid of it?
I have no idea why they brought this gun back =/

Played for hours the last couple days and cant get a damn Primary weapon or Chest piece that's above 365. Or a ghost for that matter.

A few things to fix the leveling could be:

- make blue drops up to 365 in Archons Forge (at least for enhanced/perfected)
- any legendaries after 365 should decrypt like Faction packages/Archons Forge legendaries
-Patrol missions like Quarantine/High value target and such should also go up to 365 with a chance of a legendary
- give a small chance of 365 blues from chests.

It's annoying enough going from 350-365, but going much above 365 is nearly impossible through regular play of the game.

For regular PvE you have exotics, faction packages and skeleton key drops....ranking up is going to be RNG and take awhile. Faction packages are most consistent to earn but always seem to be 1 or 2 above character light level, which means you get stuck pretty often.

You can also get guns as crucible drops, if you love/like/tolerate PvP.

It will be interesting to see if iron banner goes up to 385 as that will give people a fairly large amount of play time, a lot of end of game drops, faction packages, and exotic drops.

Just got the thorn, got a 0.6KD in crucible trying to use it.
Does anyone use it in PvE or should I just get rid of it?
I have no idea why they brought this gun back =/

Thorn is all about assists these days :)

Seems we need one more for the raid = monitors. 365 min, preferably experienced but confident will do!

Add me or WeTeHa

Hey man, been pulled in on alt duties. Commuted to these guys first, apologies.
So you can't do it or you're still good?

Ok

Need 1 more assuming ^ is still in

1. Wizard
2. Wizard's friend
3. Zakalwe
4. Rahvar
5. Festwill

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want to do trials for awhile? I don't mind being super casual or playing as well as possible. Just want to give it a shot for awhile really.

Melchiah

Now that exotic engrams are a major way to raise your LL is it gonna be that Xur never sells them again?

And they seem to drop less often with TOC as well. The Black Garden daily used to have a guaranteed drop before ROI, but afterwards it was the first time that mission gave me nothing. Before the expansion, I could get half a dozen exotic engrams a week, now it's been two at max.

EDIT:
For regular PvE you have exotics, faction packages and skeleton key drops....ranking up is going to be RNG and take awhile. Faction packages are most consistent to earn but always seem to be 1 or 2 above character light level, which means you get stuck pretty often.

So, they've nerfed that as well. The faction packages used to be higher above the current level.

X-Frame

Titans, what are your thoughts on a Taikonaut + Raid Gauntlet + Raid Rocket Launcher build?

Taikonaut provides RL tracking to all RL's and increased heavy ammo drops as well, coupled with the Raid Gauntlets that *should* be even more drops against Fallen (unless one overrides the other), but getting tracking on the Raid RL can be great too for PvE.

Thoughts?

I just feel like Ruin Wings are so broken right now that this is another alternative.

You can also get guns as crucible drops, if you love/like/tolerate PvP.

It will be interesting to see if iron banner goes up to 385 as that will give people a fairly large amount of play time, a lot of end of game drops, faction packages, and exotic drops.

True but if that's all there is then the loot needs to be smarter. Why the hell am I getting 367 cloaks when I already have a 369 cloak, and only a 365 primary wep/ghost/chest/artifact piece? And it's not like oops it happened one time. It's repeatedly over hours of play time. I know it's because my overall light level is only 366, but it's still an issue that they need to fix asap, or it's going to stop me from playing any further. Again.

Edit: I'm fine with it being slow, I just need something. Anything. How about a damn 366 chest piece Bungie? We can start there.

mhayze

I wonder if the current leveling rates are working according to plan for Bungie, or if this is slower than they expected.

I don't remember any other point in the game since day 1 with leveling this slow and grindy. Stealing from Tolkien - "[it] feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread".

I'm not so sure that it's just that there's not enough content, it's more like they want to stretch out how long people are playing this content, to make sure it doesn't drop off too fast, (and I'm just speculating here) to make sure that if people were thinking about buying the expansion a few weeks or month after release that there would still be people playing to make it more enticing.

I hope that's not the case, and that the artifact / ghost rates will be tweaked, because the grind is starting to go from fun to work pretty quickly.

Deku Tree

Ok I'm gonna guess that when HM raid is released legendaries engrams will go up to 380-385 and other stuff will similarly go up. I'm gonna vault all my legendary and exotic engrams until HM.

Holy shit I can't believe I didn't know about redeeming engrams one at a time from the cryptarch until yesterday. Got almost 50 light levels in one day

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I finally hit 365 LL. Reading the level-up guide in the OP, I need to concentrate on NF, Heroic Strikes, Crucible, and Raid for better loot, right? Also, is Spekis Perfected viable at 365? I know you have a chance for 3oC, but should I avoid this one now?

What's the best auto rifle outside the raid? I love my Zero Day Dilemma, but the low mag (24) really blows.

Holy shit I can't believe I didn't know about redeeming engrams one at a time from the cryptarch until yesterday. Got almost 50 light levels in one day

Yeah that's just bullshit thing number 5037 about the game. Why it doesn't go off highest max that's able to be equipped instead of what you have currently equipped is beyond me. I guess it encourages you to use different weapons maybe the way it does it. Shrug.

I finally hit 365 LL. Reading the level-up guide in the OP, I need to concentrate on NF, Heroic Strikes, Crucible, and Raid for better loot, right? Also, is Spekis Perfected viable at 365? I know you have a chance for 3oC, but should I avoid this one now?

What's the best auto rifle outside the raid? I love my Zero Day Dilemma, but the low mag (24) really blows.

Once you 365. You need exotic engrams, raid, and faction packages to get higher. The,artifact is a pain. You either need to rank up Eros which you have a 75% chance in her package post rank 5 and Skelton keys. Open vaus chest as he has only one drop which grants a higher chance at an artifact

Top Bottom