• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Alright, thanks. 😄
I thought they might had changed the first missions or something but since I can just pick them and play it's no big deal then. My character is fine so I'll just continue. Now to get used to all this UI and loot system again.

Don't forget to do the refer-a-friend quest with a veteran player if you have any interest in the exclusive emblem/shader/sword/sparrow.

oSoLucky

All faction packages stuff including Variks and Queen. End of strike loot from chests using Skeleton keys.

Oh really. For some reason everything is coming at 385 now that I'm at 384 except exotics. Even my last 2 strike pieces.

Thanks, so
when you say you don't need to have a specific team, the quest steps did say specifically that you need to be in a Fireteam consisting of a Titan, Warlock, and Hunter.

My question I guess is if everyone in this Fireteam needs to have a SIVA charge quest or if 1-2 people can just help out because they are the correct class?

I understand that for the actual math puzzle steps you'd need the charge though. Thanks!
Only Step 2 and the math steps specifically say that I think.

theWB27

So I've made it to level 40 and 307 light, but completed no raids. How do you go about getting people together for a lower tier raid to get familiar? I've tried joining some clans on bungie but its been a week and no acceptance.

Any video of where to find patrol chests in the plaguelands? Need that record book achievement...

The splicer key caves have 2 in each. There is one beyond the giant waterfall of lava and some caves around that area.

Does anyone want to run one passage? I just need one more to complete the quest.

Hzoltan69

Need one more for fresh WOTM Raid with monitors as soon as we have six.

1. Hzoltan969 (Warlock, 380)
2. jayforone (Warlock, 370)
3. Branaghs
4. Talos_AI (Warlock, 376)
5. Ty (Titan, 375)

Please be over 370 and with raid experience.

Trakan

Playing with my titan in reg crucible atm...

Juggernaut + sprint lock artifact + invective isn't even fair lol. Did juggernaut get a buff, or has it always been this good??

Yeah it was buffed and shoulder charge was nerfed, so it was win win for changing to it.

KxoZz

3. Branaghs
5. Ty (Titan, 375)

i can come with my 371 titan
i have you in my list i think
psn: kxozz

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

3. Branaghs
5. Ty (Titan, 375)

I'm 369 and I have no experience w/ WoTM. I do have expereiene with other raids. . Mind grabbing me? T_T

PSN: ShadowKayos

This doesnt even qualify as pubstomping lol, this was something else

M9XFtzV.jpg

92 to 4 lol. The only reason they got 4 was because mercy took so long that they got supers too. We were 80-0

Alfebit

Banned
Hello DGAF, I don't post here much but I was wondering if there was anyone willing to help 3 new people through their first run of WotM.

We'd also like to get the monitors if that's okay.

Edit: Forgot to mention, our LLs are 371 hunter, 370 titan, 363 hunter.

X-Frame

Yeah it was buffed and shoulder charge was nerfed, so it was win win for changing to it.

As someone who plays Striker the most in PvP (by a long shot) these 2 need to be reversed. Juggernaut takes 1 second to activate now vs. 4 seconds for Shoulder Charge. I mean .. what.

Even with Jolder and Dunemarchers I still can't see pre-nerf Shoulder Charge being broken in PvP. Juggernaut is miles more competitive and effective compared to Shoulder Charge, in every single game mode. Unless you're at the lower end of the ELO spectrum where SC may be more frustrating, it's almost 1:20 ratio of me getting killed by SC vs. someone using Juggernaut.

/vent

mhayze

So it will accelerate from tweaks.

However the "speed" of leveling is incredibly variable depending on what you want to do. If you want to be as fast as possible- which isn't necessary, but is possible- run Sepiks Perfected/Omnigul from the director which are crazy fast strikes you can get to 365 fast and be more than equipped to begin the raid. The raid has a checkpoint with a guaranteed ghost/artifact before the final boss.

But between daily public events, the three weekly heroics, and your daily story for Legendary engrams, AF, Heroic Strikes and Nightfalls, Crucible (with 3oC) and general 3oC usage, and especially Trials even if only bounties and random drops which you can get from losses, plus the early phases of the raid/cache keys, there actually is a pretty decent variety for leveling at your own pace while having fun if you don't want to go for speed. Once you have one character at ~370 your other two are trivial to get to the same level.

While there were some missteps with this latest revision of Light progression, the severity of the grind is actually an illusion to some extent caused by the sense that you have to get to a certain point in a certain amount of time, which I suppose is tied to your speculation that they want to stretch out playtime to keep activity relevant for newer players. Rather than a wholly cynical move though. I do think it's worth imagining the other side of the coin wherein everyone is already 385 and even casual players feel they have nothing left to do.

It's an unpleasant balancing act but I do feel that they accomplished making this less restrictive than many previous iterations of their attempts at vertical progression.

fucking hell's bells captain.

You make some fair points and I'm glad to read that Bungie will be addressing the problem with artifacts and ghosts.

I would disagree somewhat with the assertion that the leveling speed is incredibly varied and that the new levelling system is better (beyond what they tweaked with the taken expansion - that was a very good leveling system tweak, IMHO). After the taken light system the new normal feels slower and grindier to me, given the limited amount of new content outside the raid.

I think a gentler leveling slope leading to a plateau just below "normal raid" max would have been better - then you get hard mode raid which comes out later (so you can't rush that), some harder exotic quests, and challenge modes.
Plus ideally, some non-raid content, like a challenge mode Archon's forge, some new variants to CoE, and some new PvP content that's more along the lines of Trials and Iron Banner than just a new mode that's directly borrowed from CoD would have been my choice.

Plus I think the older raids are a wasted resource. Like the modified Taken and Siva versions of existing strikes, I think a fresh coat of paint, some new wrinkles and high-tier rewards would make revisiting older raids a pleasure rather than just the very rare visit to help new players or people looking to fulfill some limited quest or achievement.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You make some fair points and I'm glad to read that Bungie will be addressing the problem with artifacts and ghosts.

I would disagree somewhat with the assertion that the leveling speed is incredibly varied and that the new levelling system is better (beyond what they tweaked with the taken expansion - that was a very good leveling system tweak, IMHO). After the taken light system the new normal feels slower and grindier to me, given the limited amount of new content outside the raid.

I think a gentler leveling slope leading to a plateau just below "normal raid" max would have been better - then you get hard mode raid which comes out later (so you can't rush that), some harder exotic quests, and challenge modes.
Plus ideally, some non-raid content, like a challenge mode Archon's forge, some new variants to CoE, and some new PvP content that's more along the lines of Trials and Iron Banner than just a new mode that's directly borrowed from CoD would have been my choice.

Plus I think the older raids are a wasted resource. Like the modified Taken and Siva versions of existing strikes, I think a fresh coat of paint, some new wrinkles and high-tier rewards would make revisiting older raids a pleasure rather than just the very rare visit to help new players or people looking to fulfill some limited quest or achievement.
I don't think I disagree with any of this really, it just boils mostly down to "there should've been more content" which is entirely fair but something of a different complaint. The wider and deeper your pool the gentler you can make the incline. But not making it easy to get to "near-raid max" without raiding is certainly intended. Those early runs where each encounter is a struggle are bread-and-butter for raid progression and I love them, especially in retrospect; my weekly group isn't even all at-level for the final raid encounter and we're already able to clear the thing start to finish in under 90 minutes. That's what I mean about a balancing act... make this happen even faster and you get huge swaths of the playerbase burning out (well, earlier than they are going to anyway). Slower and obviously all your complaints are more pronounced, but maybe no one would be 385+ right now, 13 days after Rise of Iron launch, whereas they are certainly out there.

I didn't actually say anything about the new leveling system being better- not sure what you mean to compare it to specifically- but remember that 1-to-1 infusion wasn't even a thing at the launch of TTK, that came with the April update after months of raiding. It's a long and bumpy road. Outside of the Forever 29 rng, I personally enjoyed the original Light system at launch despite being way more complex- and I'm in a tiny, tiny minority on that.

What I meant by the speed being incredibly varied is that if you choose to rush and be as efficient as possible (mainly by repeating activities) you can get to ~380 pretty darn quick, whereas if you do just what you want to over a variety of activities it will be much slower- but you CAN still progress, which is a world of difference from various other incarnations of the system in the past.

Zakalwe

Banned
Finished the raidfor the first time with monitors. After a few hours of troubles and some team switches that felt fucking amazing.

Genisis Chain get, Arms get, Fusion Rifle get, exotic quest get.

Happiness achieved.

Zakalwe

Banned
Looking for a Hunter and Warlock to do some of this exotic quest.

I need all parts, but up for any of the following:

Nightfall x1
Public Events x3
Heroic Strike x3

If anyone else needs these things in general I'd appreciate a hand!

PSN: astropoff

Anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to get a 365 artifact?

There are four major ways to get an artifact at 365 or higher:

1. the raid, 4th boss (phase 1) drops one 365-385
2. faction packages, level any faction, choose any of the rewards, there is a tiny chance to get an artifact. It really is tiny, like 5-10% or so probably (maybe even less).
3. run Court of Oryx Tier 3 bosses (antiquated runes), you can get an artifact that caps at 365 from the chest (you have to be the one that started it)
4. skeleton key chests at the end of strikes, pretty hard to get a key and only a small chance at a artifact though
5. for 365 cap, you can get an artifact from legendary class engrams although again chances are split between ghost/class item/artifact

You do have a chance at an artifact in strikes, PVP rewards dash board, and POE 34 runs but again you'd probably be at it a long, long time before getting one.

The easiest is just running the raid, 4th boss drops an artifact or ghost pretty much every time and its pretty easy to kill phase 1, its phase 2 people struggle with.

The grind from 365-385 is pretty brutal though since its pretty much just faction packages and strike/PVP final rewards and exotic engrams, and of course raid rewards. If you are ok with doing just 4 bosses in the raid for 2-3 weeks with friends its not really that bad, you will get to 372 without any grinding and some luck can push you to 375, higher than 370 and the final boss is a lot easier. Its also not really necessary to really push past 375, unless you are trying to prep for heroic mode raids.

Zakalwe

Banned
Can I get a Hunter and a Warlock to help me please?

3x AF runs
or
3x Heroic Strikes
or
1x Nightfall

Any of the above would be really appreciated.

Hoodbury

Looking for a Hunter and Warlock to do some of this exotic quest.

I need all parts, but up for any of the following:

Nightfall x1
Public Events x3
Heroic Strike x3

If anyone else needs these things in general I'd appreciate a hand!

Dam, I need to do that too but I'm a Titan as well.

Ryck

Room for one on Raid gonna kill Vosik x2 (tv room boss) for drops and a buddy has the pulse quest.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Psn: Ryck007

Zakalwe

Banned
EDIT:

Please can a Warlock and Hunter help me with either x3 Heroic Strikes or x3 Public events?

Would really appreciate it.

Ryck

For new page (never fails I always do the last post on a page.

Room for one on Raid gonna kill Vosik x2 (tv room boss) for drops and a buddy has the pulse quest.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Psn: Ryck007

Top Bottom