• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Ramirez

You can get it to drop as long as your card has 9 wins, flawless just means you get more losses before you're locked out

I see. Anyone know why the new beetle emblem isn't in the kiosk? I got it on my Titan, but my other 2 didn't get it from the chest?

^ I think the Trials & Iron gear blow the Siva stuff out of the water looks wise, meh.

Zocano

repost for new page: Looking for a team for trials, just casual run, want the 5 wins for armor + bounties. Shouldn't take too long.

Clunker

Anyone on Xbox up for either Nightfall or casual, relaxed Trials? I'm 360LL, looking for either one. GT is Holden Cawffle.

jacobs34

Grinding out Heroic strikes to try to get to 365 (currently 360), and man the bond Bros strike is nearly impossible with the blue berries I'm playing with. Anyone want to team up to grind some strikes? PSN, MrJCJacobs

O4RojUp.jpg

first time

thanks lfg for not being utter trash for once

what a ride

Welp my hate of Destiny is back. Shitty connections in Trials, can't find anyone to help me with my exotic pulse rifle quest, generally shitty pvp attitudes on Xbox. I'm out for a while.

Sometimes this game can be really frustrating in respect to loot. Been stuck at 364 for a while with my artifact being at 355. Finally get a Skeleton Key and decide to open the chest at the end of Sepiks. If it gives me a blue artifact at my light level, I'll be happy or if it gives me the sniper I'll step be happy. Gives me 2 freaking class items at 365. I wanted to throw my controller at my screen.

Decided to go play Court of Oryx since I had a Tier 3 rune. Finish it and it spits out two artifacts. I'm freaking excited as fuck. Examine both of them light level 334 and 242. Immediately turn of the PS4 cause why bother, this game hates me. I was so hopeful when it dropped 2 freaking artifacts.

I can't believe 3rd year into Destiny and I'm still complaining how the loot in this game works.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sometimes this game can be really frustrating in respect to loot. Been stuck at 364 for a while with my artifact being at 355. Finally get a Skeleton Key and decide to open the chest at the end of Sepiks. If it gives me a blue artifact at my light level, I'll be happy or if it gives me the sniper I'll step be happy. Gives me 2 freaking class items at 365. I wanted to throw my controller at my screen.

Decided to go play Court of Oryx since I had a Tier 3 rune. Finish it and it spits out two artifacts. I'm freaking excited as fuck. Examine both of them light level 334 and 242. Immediately turn of the PS4 cause why bother, this game hates me. I was so hopeful when it dropped 2 freaking artifacts.

I can't believe 3rd year into Destiny and I'm still complaining how the loot in this game works.
Court of Oryx itself won't give you loot above 335. Ranking up Eris can though.

At 364 you are more than ready to do the first 3/4 of the raid including a high chance for a new artifact.

Trakan

Do the ornaments drop from the raid? Or you buy them? Do you need two ornaments for each piece of armor?

Nobody really knows yet, but I'd guess ornaments will be challenge mode drops and that it'll continue with the Iron Lord/Trials armor trend where the helmet/chest need 2 ornaments and the other items need 1.

LiK

Court of Oryx itself won't give you loot above 335. Ranking up Eris can though.

At 364 you are more than ready to do the first 3/4 of the raid including a high chance for a new artifact.

You can do the whole thing at 364 with no problems as long as the rest are higher LL than you. I was 360 until the final boss and we only stopped cuz the guy had to go to work. Would've beaten it last night. I'm 364 now and we're gonna finish it tonight. They haven't looked up the
Empowered
gimmick for phase 2 yet. Altho if they don't figure it out before I need to leave for bed, I'll need to have them look it up. Just wanna finish it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Happy new year to any other Torah Guardians out there ;)
You can do the whole thing at 364 with no problems as long as the rest are higher LL than you. I was 360 until the final boss and we only stopped cuz the guy had to go to work. Would've beaten it last night. I'm 364 now and we're gonna finish it tonight. They haven't looked up the
Empowered
gimmick for phase 2 yet. Altho if they don't figure it out before I need to leave for bed, I'll need to have them look it up. Just wanna finish it.
Hehe I got my first kill at 360 :p

Foxxsoxx

Looking for any group that's experienced for an Aksis kill, 367 light nightstalker. Would love to breeze through this, I need that damn cape!

PSN is Fakehound

LiK

yep, people grossly exaggerate the LL requirements for a successful run. As long as people are coordinated and know the strats, pretty easy raid.

hoggert

Yeah, the warlock armor looks completely different in game. Completely horribly different. Especially the robe. The only class that survived concept art to in-game was hunter, and maybe Titan if you have all five pieces, in my opinion.

Shanah tovah. Non-practicing and actually forgot until I got a random text from a friend haha

Stillmatic

What do I do with my legendary marks now?

I'm above vendor armor levels, and already bought:

Palidrome HC from - Crucible vendor
Keystone Scout from - Dead Orbit
have a better roll on Extremophile Auto Rifle (this is surprisingly good) - Dead Orbit
have a better roll on Last-Ditch shotgun - Dead Orbit

Anything else worth getting or are these marks redundant now?

Mindlog

First time using a scorch cannon as a 384 character.
That damage is absurd. 3.3m and I didn't use a scorch one round.

Thanks for the free quest and loot team!
What do I do with my legendary marks now?

I'm above vendor armor levels, and already bought:

Palidrome HC from - Crucible vendor
Keystone Scout from - Dead Orbit
have a better roll on Extremophile Auto Rifle (this is surprisingly good) - Dead Orbit
have a better roll on Last-Ditch shotgun - Dead Orbit

Anything else worth getting or are these marks redundant now?
The Crucible vendor sniper is pretty good.

And I just hit 385 @_@

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Saladin's Vigil and the Trials fusion may be my favorite FR models that exist so far.... and my odds of getting either feel... low :<

MrDaravon

Saladin's Vigil and the Trials fusion may be my favorite FR models that exist so far.... and my odds of getting either feel... low :<

I just got that Saladin's Vigil on my 62nd Forge victory >_>. I've gotten 3 or 4 of the But Not Forgotten snipers along the way.

FinKL

Although the odds are against you, I had better luck decrypting legendary class items for a high artifact as that was my lowest light item. Daily public events give 1 legendary item + 15 marks

High LL artifacts don't drop from the court.

You should probably take a moment to ask questions here about where you can get what you're looking for to save that kind of frustration. Its been well known for a while now that CoO drops are capped at 335.

If you level up Crotas Bane rep (Eris) there is a chance she will give you an artifact, and it will look at your current light level to determine what it will be. It's not guaranteed, but it it probably a 30 percent chance or so.

You can more quickly level that faction by winning a fight in the court, then you get a series of 3 bounties that add up to about half of a full faction of rep. You can get those three bounties every week.

Shiv47

High LL artifacts don't drop from the court.

You should probably take a moment to ask questions here about where you can get what you're looking for to save that kind of frustration. Its been well known for a while now that CoO drops are capped at 335.

If you level up Crotas Bane rep (Eris) there is a chance she will give you an artifact, and it will look at your current light level to determine what it will be. It's not guaranteed, but it it probably a 30 percent chance or so.

You can more quickly level that faction by winning a fight in the court, then you get a series of 3 bounties that add up to about half of a full faction of rep. You can get those three bounties every week.

You have to have Eris ranked up enough, though, I presume to at least 5, because I ranked her up on one of my alt characters that brought that ranking on her to 4, and I got a 300 artifact from her.

XenoRaven

Well done to ye olde raid team. You guys did great, especially for having two people who hadn't done the raid at all before. Congrats to those two especially, since they now know all the raid mechanics.

Well done to ye olde raid team. You guys did great, especially for having two people who hadn't done the raid at all before. Congrats to those two especially, since they now know all the raid mechanics.

Spectacular group on the Final boss kill, you guys were awesome.

Thanks for being patient with all of us first timers, great group and a ton of fun. Thanks everyone!

That was absolutely awesome! So much fun, great group.

Man I wasn't sure if we were gonna get that kill at the end there! It went down to the last second

Top Bottom