• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

jg4xchamp

Went through the story missions and the strike, and the other quest in Rise of Iron. Does the plaguelands patrol quest lead to new missions?

This seems so light (well aware it's like Destiny's thing to be light on content) and now I guess I just grind up until I'm Raid ready? (At 330 so far) Personally after some of the good steps forward they took in Taken King, the story mission stuff in rise of iron were a step back to everything that made them lame in OG destiny.

Griffith

Banned
Well done to ye olde raid team. You guys did great, especially for having two people who hadn't done the raid at all before. Congrats to those two especially, since they now know all the raid mechanics.

Spectacular group on the Final boss kill, you guys were awesome.

Thanks for being patient with all of us first timers, great group and a ton of fun. Thanks everyone!

That was absolutely awesome! So much fun, great group.

Man I wasn't sure if we were gonna get that kill at the end there! It went down to the last second

Yep, great run guys.

For the couple of guys who hadn't done any of it before you really picked it up quick.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just got that Saladin's Vigil on my 62nd Forge victory >_>. I've gotten 3 or 4 of the But Not Forgotten snipers along the way.
I honestly shouldn't complain. I got what I had so desired.
Ct0kAQKW8AA8GNK.jpg:orig
Converting guardians into energy all o'er the Crucible... just like old times.

Zocano

So people are saying good things about the vendor Palindrome right?

Not a huge handcannon guy but I'd like a standard one to play around with sometimes.

So people are saying good things about the vendor Palindrome right?

Not a huge handcannon guy but I'd like a standard one to play around with sometimes.

It's pretty nuts how much better it is than the kind of hand cannons you can find now. Feels like something from Y1

Legendary HCs have been mostly terrible for more than a year now.

LordofPwn

Finally hit 385 on my lock. 383+ on my other characters. Makes the final fight a lot easier. Interested to see how heroic differs, if at all.

I'm guessing hard mode boss kills and challenges completed are the last 2 raid entries in the book?

Not sure what they would do for challenge mode. KF was just, hey do the raid how we intended. Best guess is:
No challenge for opening
1st boss kill: can't have same people throw bombs twice in a row.

Zamboni: can't pick up parts twice in a row

First phase final boss: no challenge
Second phase: can't throw charges twice in a row, or no one can dunk twice in a rotation

LiK

Blind raid group finally figured out the gimmick but I have to leave to go to bed for work so we can't practice some more and finish off the final boss. Kinda brutal to play with West coast peeps before a workday. Hopefully we can finish it together tomorrow before reset, If not, I got CP for second phase of final boss tomorrow if anyone wants to finish it.

Foxxsoxx

Any experienced guys for an experienced kill on Aksis? Most teams I'm joining on LFG are pretty garbo and I'm sticking with them a little too long because I want to try and help them out but jeeeez they just don't understand the mechanics.

I've never seen so many people die to shanks over and over wondering why D:

Dez_

Finally got a drop at Archon's Forge other than cloaks. I'm no sniper expert, but I like the look of this roll.
h7GvgK9.png

Chitown B

You can get 365+ gear from faction packages, strike exclusive chests, exotics, Archons Forge (Class items), and crucible end of match drops.

ok but it scales to your current level. So you need to get a higher level of every piece of armor/weapon class, and do it again. over and over. there's only so much time in the day. there has to be a faster way since many here are over 370 and it's only been like two weeks.

Chitown B

Crucible matches can pay out Primary/Secondary/Heavy at or above your level, class item too.

Vanguard/Crucible/Faction rank ups for armor or weapons (whichever is less for you)

Archons Forge - Mainly just Class items, other items will drop up to 365

Exotic Engrams - Use 3 of coins during crucible/strikes

Strikes - More so getting skeleton keys and using them after the strike for the loot. Know the strike you want to do and go try for the item attached to it

Thanks. I always use 3oC, and I play 10's of Crucible matches in a row and get crap. mostly blues and if I get a purple it's at my level. Seems like drops got nerfed about a month ago.

ok but it scales to your current level. So you need to get a higher level of every piece of armor/weapon class, and do it again. over and over. there's only so much time in the day. there has to be a faster way since many here are over 370 and it's only been like two weeks.
The raid plus strategically popping exotic engrams to fill in gaps. I think a select few were 385 within 2 to 3 days, certainly before the raid came out. Mainly due to faction packages and exotics.

Zocano

Lots of saved up strange coins, heavy ammo, and motes for faction packages is how most people did it most likely. There isn't a faster way, some people just dump more time in to destiny.

Getting consistent raid clears on all 3 characters is a huge thing. More gear to light level up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was told in trials last night to put my fusion rifle away and get a shotgun out. I might stick with it though.
If I'm being carried and I get instructed so, I'll do it, but in these scrubby cards I won't give it up. Hitchhiker and Wizard can punch through revive shields.

Silvard

I'm someone who didn't have a bunch of coins/motes/engrams/synths/whathaveyou and is 380 on my main and 378 on the other two characters. There are no real shortcuts. Play the game, do the raid, always have a 3oC active. PvP for weapons, pick armor from faction rank ups, save exotic engrams for slots that are getting left behind. It's slow but it's consistent. The only real problems are ghosts and artifacts, and the latter you can sort of ameliorate by using Skeleton keys every so often.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
At what light level can I first jump into a fresh raid? I am sitting at 355, but being held back mostly by my ghost...

First Part 350-355 (Chest)
Second Part 355+ Loot Drop (Boss) + Extra Chest*
Third Part 360+ Loot Drop (Boss) + Extra Chest*
Fourth Part 365+ Loot Drop (Boss 1st Phase)
Last Part 370+ Loot Drop (Boss 2nd Phase) + Extra Chest*

Also 5 extra secret chests (one requires monitors, gives exotic engram guaranteed)

There you go

*Extra Chest Requires Siva Cache Key = 10 Siva Fragments

First Part 350-355 (Chest)
Second Part 355+ Loot Drop (Boss) + Extra Chest*
Third Part 360+ Loot Drop (Boss) + Extra Chest*
Fourth Part 365+ Loot Drop (Boss 1st Phase)
Last Part 370+ Loot Drop (Boss 2nd Phase) + Extra Chest*

Also 5 extra secret chests (one requires monitors, gives exotic engram guaranteed)

There you go

*Extra Chest Requires Siva Cache Key = 10 Siva Fragments

Yeah I jumped into a random party at The Siege last night when I was only 352 and was doing alright according to the score. Ended up giving up after about an hour as people kept dropping.

Might try again tonight to find someone doing a fresh run just to get a few pieces to give me a leg up on the light lvl grind.

I actually have a cache key already so was hoping to use it....burning a whole in my Warlock's pocket.

GraveRobberX

my stupid ghost is holding me back, a 369 but my stuff are all 380

Either run strikes with Skeleton keys as your savior

or

Rep Faction/Vanguard by abusing all Bounties possible

Those Shiro bounties are so worth it
+500 Rep each, 2000 Total every week
You also get 1000 for doing his weekly patrol quest

Seriously today I ranked up 2 times Vanguard and 2 times Dead Orbit with bounties + quests and throwing a mixed bag of heavy synths/destination material/notes on my Hunter

Felt like Christmas time getting 4 packages without burning an egregious amount of materials

Funny thing is Reset upon on us soon, we get everything to do again and get stuff

Ghost from packages are Rare but can be gotten

GraveRobberX

Meh, doesn't even require DPS

(Well yeah but if you 360 and finish that and everyone else below that, will be a huge undertaking to get boss down)

Depends a lot on the makeup of the rest of the group.

(True, but its a good marker to get to, at least you will not be hampered down or someone else picking up the slack, its just average wise, you wanna get there. Now if you got 5 380+'s carrying you as 360+ then by all means throw my guesstimate out the window)

Alfebit

Banned
Thanks again to D_psipher, toastyToast, and Mindlog for helping my friends and I complete our first WotM and start the exotic quest.

A little late on this but I needed some good ol' relaxation time after our first few attempts.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
well 5 380s could carry a 330.

My first kill was at 362 with people from 369-380. *shrug* a lot depends. A group of 370s has way more than enough dps.

378 for the night. I should've done this at the beginning of the weekend. I was dumb.

Top Bottom