• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Rizzi

My friend wanted to play Destiny with me on PS4. Last time I played on PS4 was right after I hit level 20 at launch, then I played on xbox one when the second expansion released. This gear is terrible.

Foxxsoxx

Finally finished the raid for my hunter and I got my 3rd Gen Chain in a row, then used my key and got nothing from it...

D:

Does it make a difference at which LL I take the faction rewards for gaining a new rank? I'm currently LL359, should I wait until 360 or even 365?

Sh0k

My fireteam is having a hard time in the second phase of the last boss in Wrath of the Machine, we get through the raid and the first phase fine, but we are not doing enough DPS and the ads are destroying some of us super quick. Three of us are 370+ and the other three are around 360-365, it's better for everybody to be at least 370?

We spent around two hours yesterday trying to beat the boss and at the end everybody was super frustrated. (Memories of the first time we faced Oryx)

Clunker

First Part 350-355 (Chest)
Second Part 355+ Loot Drop (Boss) + Extra Chest*
Third Part 360+ Loot Drop (Boss) + Extra Chest*
Fourth Part 365+ Loot Drop (Boss 1st Phase)
Last Part 370+ Loot Drop (Boss 2nd Phase) + Extra Chest*

Also 5 extra secret chests (one requires monitors, gives exotic engram guaranteed)

There you go

*Extra Chest Requires Siva Cache Key = 10 Siva Fragments
This is something I'm surprised more people aren't talking about (and more important, something the game needs to surface better); I've picked this up through osmosis and I'm going to try the first half of the raid blind today at 360LL, but it seems to me part of the reason the light grind is so slow through other methods is that Bungie wanted to steer people to actual endgame activities to push into endgame light levels: the raid for PvE, Trials and Iron Banner for PvP. It's just that people might be able to start the raid and not quite finish it yet for a few weeks.

I see a lot of people frustrated and upset that they haven't brute-forced their way to 385+ yet. Someone earlier referred to 384 as "the new forever 29." Honestly: It's literally only been six days since the expansion dropped. (Edit: 13 days, cause math is hard!)

A lot of this falls on Bungie, naturally, for the mixed messages of "The climb to max light should be gradual" and "OMG world's first raid clear race gooooo!" I wonder how they could try to de-escalate the hype of that race to max LL, or if they even want to at all.

Silvard

My fireteam is having a hard time in the second phase of the last boss in Wrath of the Machine, we get through the raid and the first phase fine, but we are not doing enough DPS and the ads are destroying some of us super quick. Three of us are 370+ and the other three are around 360-365, it's better for everybody to be at least 370?

We spent around two hours yesterday trying to beat the boss and at the end everybody was super frustrated. (Memories of the first time we faced Oryx)

Well, yes, it's better, but it's not necessary. Are you guys making sure that you are using the cannons on Aksis? All their ammo, each shot fully charged.

Nicodemic

Does it make a difference at which LL I take the faction rewards for gaining a new rank? I'm currently LL359, should I wait until 360 or even 365?

Well, the higher your light level, the higher the item from the package will be. But it's not guaranteed, you can get an item with lower light level then your overall light level.

Anyway, my suggestion is, don't wait, choose a category where you have low light level (armor or weapon) and use it.

Sh0k

Well, yes, it's better, but it's not necessary. Are you guys making sure that you are using the cannons on Aksis? All their ammo, each shot fully charged.

I'm in charge of throwing the clusters but I don't think the players in charge of the cannons are fully charging it before each shot. The further we got yesterday was hitting the boss two complete rounds, the damage was maybe 30-35%.

darkwing

have your 370s distributed in each left, middle, right area

WeTeHa

I'm in charge of throwing the clusters but I don't think the players in charge of the cannons are fully charging it before each shot. The further we got yesterday was hitting the boss two complete rounds, the damage was maybe 30-35%.

Chances are DPS isn't your problem.
Boss spoiler:
You have 5 damage phases that consist of 3 smaller rounds, each longer than the one before, then you don't have a pillar. Use at least 1 tether (better 2!) and a weapons bubble on the third round and go ham with ALL 3 (!) cannons.
The cannons is where most of your dps comes from. If you see a cannon on the ground, pick it up. charge your shots! The rest uses snipers and rockets.

Clunker

Can I get some of your days? Mine always seem to run out after 24 hours, I could use some 50 hour days.

:p
I'm honestly kind of stunned at how much time I've been able to put in myself; I definitely need to catch up on work that I've been letting slack and I've been having a blast, and I'm only 360 (but also didn't have engrams or anything saved up before the launch). I see people at 385 and it blows my mind to think of how much time it wpuld take, either since RoI launched or grinding in preparation beforehand. It's not a knock; I'm mildly jealous, and part of me wishes I had that level of devotion to a game I enjoy as much as this!

JJShadow

It should be doable with that composition, but it requires a perfect coordination to maximize the DPS output, and you'll have less room for mistake. These are some tips and random thoughts about Phase 2 after spending many hours trying to get it done last week:

- For each pair of guardians, always designate one as bomb thrower and the other one will be the cannon holder. The bomb thrower always stays on his side, and the cannon holder should move around, kill his respective servitor and come back to his place if he's the empowered one

- If there are two empowered persons on the right (for instance) and no one empowered on left, the cannon holder on right should swap after killing the Servitor and go to the left side to cover that spot

- Once captains are up, do NOT proceed inmediately to kill them, as a new shank wave will be waiting for you. I've seen so many people get killed by these shanks because they rushed to kill the captain right after he spawns. Take your time, kill the shanks and then focus on the captain, you have plenty of time

- I've found myself more comfortable killing the captains with a Raze-Lighter or any Exotic sword. Last time we beated Aksys we had someone using a sword and someone using Gjally or Sleeper for each pair or guardians. The guardian using the sword usually takes down the captain and he's in charge of using one cannon in the DPS phase, whereas the other guardian can use his Gjally/Sleeper during the DPS phase

- After the first and second Aksys stun phase, empowered people will randomly change. Don't panic, just call out if you are enpowered and where are you, and rearrange if necessary. If you are empowered, forget about shooting Aksys, you'll have plenty of time to do that after the third stun. Just be sure you're covering one spot that is not already covered and be ready for the teletransportation

- Empowered guardians should be covering the 4 teletransportation spots as following: one should only focus on back mid, and the ones on the sides should cover their respective side as well as the front mid. Being on one of the sides gives you enough vision and a really nice position to be able to cover both your side and front mid

- When Aksys is teletransporting, he leaves a SIVA "aura" pointing to the place where he is going to get teletransported, so if you pay attention you can guess 1 or 2 seconds in advance where he is heading

- A really nice strategy to maximize DPS is to make everyone gather in mid after the third stun and have a Titan with WoL, that way everyone can take advantage of the damage buff. Cannon holders should also drop their cannons on mid after they kill the servitors and only use them for DPS purposes during this final DPS phase, where you can increase cannon damage output with WoL

- If possible, have your highest LL guardians using the cannons as they're your main damage source

- This may sound a bit silly, but don't forget about charging cannon shots by holding R2, and only release it once it's fully charged. The difference in damage output between a non-fully charged cannon shot and a fully-charged one is huge

- Having two Hunters on the fireteam is going to help you a lot. Save your tethers and use them in the final DPS phase. Don't use both at the same time obviously: one Hunter uses it first, and then once it's done, second Hunter use the second one

D_psipher

First time using a scorch cannon as a 384 character.
That damage is absurd. 3.3m and I didn't use a scorch one round.

Thanks for the free quest and loot team!

The Crucible vendor sniper is pretty good.

And I just hit 385 @_@

Thanks for joining us. That damage was definitely a nice to have.

WeTeHa

I'm honestly kind of stunned at how much time I've been able to put in myself; I definitely need to catch up on work that I've been letting slack and I've been having a blast, and I'm only 360 (but also didn't have engrams or anything saved up before the launch). I see people at 385 and it blows my mind to think of how much time it wpuld take, either since RoI launched or grinding in preparation beforehand. It's not a knock; I'm mildly jealous, and part of me wishes I had that level of devotion to a game I enjoy as much as this!

Haha, it was more a joke on the 6 days thing. RoI has been out for almost 2 weeks, not 1 week :p

LiK

Just wanted to say that Sepiks farm is the best thing which is hilarious cuz I got so sick of Devil's Lair Strike in Y1. Using the Zhalo + sniper and RL makes quick work of the whole strike. I am now getting 364-365 non-engram blues which helped with infusions.

Also managed to get a 367 class item in Archon Forge. Hopefully, I can find some better stuff in Raid when I kill the last boss. I don't even care if I don't kill him before reset. I can do the whole thing again if I need to. The entire raid from beginning to first phase of final boss was pretty easy. The most time consuing parts was looking for the dormant clusters and doing the room puzzle which were optional, of course.

I'm in charge of throwing the clusters but I don't think the players in charge of the cannons are fully charging it before each shot.

May or may not be relavant, but you charge each shot after it fires- when you release the trigger it explodes (or after impact if it is still in the air).

Strider

Just wanted to say that Sepiks farm is the best thing which is hilarious cuz I got so sick of Devil's Lair Strike in Y1. Using the Zhalo + sniper and RL makes quick work of the whole strike. I am now getting 364-365 non-engram blues which helped with infusions..

I did sepiks last night n it was incredibly inefficient for me...

Queue in. One teammate leaves before the first encounter and the other barely shot anything the rest of the way. Strike took way longer than it should have :/
I ended up just getting off after the first one because I didn't wanna take my chance with randos again.

It has taken me a long time just to go from 345-349 which is where I'm at now. Unless IB gives me a huge boost it's gonna be a while before I'm raid ready...
and tbh I'm not really looking forward to IB that much since I'm so far behind in LL.

Huge thank you to Dom, GoodCoffeeJoey, Korly, and CrudeDiatribe on Xbox for getting through the raid yesterday, specifically the roadblock that is the final boss. I’m still as amped this morning and praise the Light that our monitor run worked out with all the disconnects; 386 and feelin good.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I think one thing people are failing to understand is that not everything is a rush and not everything has to be completed. Like… I understand you want to complete the raid and it's great but the time investment and stress trying to finish it is not the end of the world. If you're going into complete the raid then everyone should be at minimum 368 LL or you'll have a tough time. If you're doing a casual run then having LL360s or above is fine but don't expect to finish. Players need to get into the mindset that the content in WotM is scaling and as the raid goes further on the content gets harder. That means it's fine to just do the first boss and second boss and call it quits. Use the gear that you get from those first two bosses among other activities to level up until you get the sufficient LL to finish the raid. Like… You don't see people trying to finish the entire raid in a given week on other MMOs. They keep practicing, getting better, getting better gear until they can actually do it and proceed to the next phase. Destiny players are way too impatient about this shit.

LiK

I did sepiks last night n it was incredibly inefficient for me...

Queue in. One teammate leaves before the first encounter and the other barely shot anything the rest of the way. Strike took way longer than it should have :/
I ended up just getting off after the first one because I didn't wanna take my chance with randos again.

It has taken me a long time just to go from 345-349 which is where I'm at now. Unless IB gives me a huge boost it's gonna be a while before I'm raid ready...
and tbh I'm not really looking forward to IB that much since I'm so far behind in LL.

It started out that way for me. The 350s is pretty awful cuz the gear you get is just shit most of the time. I had to reach 360 before it really started to get a bump in LL drops. I didn't have any issues with randoms. Seems like everyone is just grinding for the same reasons. It goes by fairly quickly so I just have some video or podcast on and do it. I have both versions of it memorized now, lol

I think one thing people are failing to understand is that not everything is a rush and not everything has to be completed. Like… I understand you want to complete the raid and it's great but the time investment and stress trying to finish it is not the end of the world. If you're going into complete the raid then everyone should be at minimum 368 LL or you'll have a tough time. If you're doing a casual run then having LL360s or above is fine but don't expect to finish. Players need to get into the mindset that the content in WotM is scaling and as the raid goes further on the content gets harder. That means it's fine to just do the first boss and second boss and call it quits. Use the gear that you get from those first two bosses among other activities to level up until you get the sufficient LL to finish the raid. Like… You don't see people trying to finish the entire raid in a given week on other MMOs. They keep practicing, getting better, getting better gear until they can actually do it and proceed to the next phase. Destiny players are way too impatient about this shit.

Yea, I think it's fine for people to just do the first two major sections and it's fine for leveling up purposes. One thing that blows is that Trials and the upcoming IB is gonna depend on your LL so going into those with a low LL is not viable. That's another reason I wanna level up asap. I can't even play Trials with my current LL unless I wanna be destroyed by 370-380s.

is osiris over now?

No, trials is up until reset.

Edit: triple answer rip.

Edit2: random post game trials drops have some 387 stuff sometimes and faction rank ups can drop that high as well sometimes. Never seem 388+ tho^^. Although i did come across a guy with a 389 sniper in trials somehow.

LiK

still stuck in 364. I wanna get to 365 before decrypting my exotics. I have like 5 exotic engrams just sitting in the vault crying.

glaurung

still stuck in 364. I wanna get to 365 before decrypting my exotics. I have like 5 exotic engrams just sitting in the vault crying.
Run Heroic SIVA Crisis. You should be getting nothing but 365 items now.

And even higher stuff from Skeleton Key chests.

LiK

Run Heroic SIVA Crisis. You should be getting nothing but 365 items now.

And even higher stuff from Skeleton Key chests.

yea, i'll do that tonight. was doing fine in Sepiks farm too but it does get pretty boring doing it over and over again.

Dave_6

Wasted the only two Skeleton keys I had on Sepiks last night trying to get that sniper. Got two Warlock bonds instead :/

Thanks for the train invite Kadey, Supremacy is fun and fits my play style very well.

SpecX

I thought bungie buffed the Siva offering drops? I ran so many patrol missions, public events, and went through forge with randoms and literally had a total of 3 drop.

I thought bungie buffed the Siva offering drops? I ran so many patrol missions, public events, and went through forge with randoms and literally had a total of 3 drop.

Patch notes said the quarantine patrol mission was guaranteed to always give one.

Top Bottom