• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

noomi

Wasted the only two Skeleton keys I had on Sepiks last night trying to get that sniper. Got two Warlock bonds instead :/

Thanks for the train invite Kadey, Supremacy is fun and fits my play style very well.

Wretched Eye dude, sniper and artifact every time ( at least for me)

I've read this before but does it work? I've been decoding at my highest light (385) and lately been getting a lot of 384 stuffs
I've been getting a lot of 385+ items when I'm at 383/384. Talking higher than 50% of the time when decrypting Exotics, opening strike chests, or getting post-game rewards.

LiK

I thought bungie buffed the Siva offering drops? I ran so many patrol missions, public events, and went through forge with randoms and literally had a total of 3 drop.

more than before. I had 2 drop at the end of each Forge victory yesterday and also more than a few dropped randomly killing regular dudes in Plaguelands Patrol. They also drop during in the Raid which was amusing.

Does this trick work with the raid as well? Getting drops below my current LL is a little despressing
I'll have to test tomorrow. I ran all three characters through the raid last Tuesday and they were all much lower at the time. Those raid drops were mostly higher and helped get my characters to the 380+ range.

I'll have three 384 characters for raid reset.

I'd be up for it if we can do a quick run (2-2.5 hours), I'll be home around 18:30-19:00 BST

I'd like to do it just to fill the card, never done Trials before and I really suck at PvP, so if you fancy some casual runs I'm in

Lol i've never ran trials either! We should find another who's never run it haha!

LiK

I got that cool looking Forgtten sniper from Forge altho not sure I'll use it on my Titan. Love the Bitter Edge too much. Probably just give it to an Alt.

Palindrome is love, Palindrome is life. Seriously why don't other HCs feel like this?

You can get an Imago Loop that will decimate the vendor Palindrome if you're interested in farming strike chests.

Edit: Ok maybe not "decimate" but i've pretty much destroyed every Palindrome user i've faced in the Crucible so far with this guy...

lsAx54I.png

We are on the same boat then, if we find another one who's never run it we are gonna have some good laughs at least haha
Totally! I can't take PvP too seriously in Destiny. The 30fps, the sometimes janky movement and supers....

Very down to just complete trials bounties and have some fun see what drops we get.

lt519

It should be doable with that composition, but it requires a perfect coordination to maximize the DPS output, and you'll have less room for mistake. These are some tips and random thoughts about Phase 2 after spending many hours trying to get it done last week:

Thanks for that write up. We tried it twice and were missing a few key points I think. We had three people under 370 and we were having add control problems because the
higher light people were going after captains too early
. We also didn't know about the
cannons doing massive damage
otherwise we had the fight down. Looking forward to trying it again at some point.

Got a But Not Forgotten with both snapshot and quickdraw on the same column. Snapshot with bladedancer or Ophidian Aspect feels amazing. Managed to scrub my way through to a gold trials bounty and got a DoP with persistence, braced frame, and hidden hand. It's a fucking laser. Crowd control, range finder, braced frame Arminius feels better for PvE but it's on the shelf for PvP now.

So raid scout rifle: trigger feels too mushy to me. Couldn't use it. Same reason I don't like Hawksaw. Should pull a Last Extremity out of the vault and try it, but my great Hand of Judgement doesn't feel anything like it.

I know Mida had a "hair trigger", but do other guns fire at different points in the RT's pull?

Renkax

355 artifact is holding my light level back :( sepiks perfected isn't dropping them! Anyone know where the drop the most ?

noomi

Damn, forgot that strike drops the sniper. Played it twice running Heroics yesterday too.

Yup, and it's pretty quick to run as well.

If you haven't already, do the Bad Blood quest line on your alts, the end reward is a skeleton key ;)

Also, PSA save 1 skeleton key
for the thorn quest.

JJShadow

Totally! I can't take PvP too seriously in Destiny. The 30fps, the sometimes janky movement and supers....

Very down to just complete trials bounties and have some fun see what drops we get.

Cool, I'll throw you an invite once I get home

Thanks for that write up. We tried it twice and were missing a few key points I think. We had three people under 370 and we were having add control problems because the
higher light people were going after captains too early
. We also didn't know about the
cannons doing massive damage
otherwise we had the fight down. Looking forward to trying it again at some point.

Yeah, people usually rush to kill the captain once he's up and underestimate the damage coming from the shanks, and they hit REALLY hard. There are 3-4 shanks spawning along with the captain, so take advantage of the pillars to take them down without receiving any damage from them or from the captain, and then proceed to kill him

Cannons are a must for the DPS phase, you have to use all three of them and fire all 9 shots available for each one, and dont forget to charge them. The damage they can deal is ridiculous

WipedOut

384 pretty sure. I can hit 385 but I keep my characters under the softcap so I can keep getting higher light loot. 👌

Yeah, been trying to do the same, 385 & 386 gives nothing but 384. 383 & 384 will drop items up to 387. That seems to be the cap, haven't heard of anyone getting anything else higher

Foxxsoxx

You can get an Imago Loop that will decimate the vendor Palindrome if you're interested in farming strike chests.

Edit: Ok maybe not "decimate" but i've pretty much destroyed every Palindrome user i've faced in the Crucible so far with this guy...

lsAx54I.png

I'm pretty sure the Palindrome beats Imago's stats in both range, stability, and aim assist. Imago has better reload and a better clip size but that's about it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is something I'm surprised more people aren't talking about (and more important, something the game needs to surface better);

You arent going to find many groups who are just going to do the first part of the raid and then call it quits. Even if they take a 355 most people wont be the same LL as you.

Like you said, Bungie did a poor job setting up the level requirement for the raid. This raid has a 370 Recommended Light Level requirement which is the complete opposite of how they used to do things in Year 1 and Year 2. VoG recommended LL was 26 with Atheon and final room enemies being 28 and TTK's recommended LL was 290 with Oryx being 310. But people knew all they had to do was hit level 290 and be ready.

You could hit 290 by just playing the game, earning blues, doing nightfall and heroic strikes to speed up the process. the real grind was to 310 and then 320. Here, you hit 350, and you literally grind to a halt. the only blues that matter are boss drops at the end of 20 minute heroic strikes. Legendary engrams give you just one LL higher than your overall LL and even then there was a 50% chance you didnt get anything. Factions went from dropping gear 1-6 LL higher to 1-3. Ghosts and Artifacts stopped dropping and kept your LL down preventing you from leveling up.

What's funny is that after spending nearly two weeks in the 350s and 360s, the moment i hit 370 and got a ghost and an artifact from the raid, i leveled up to 377 in just a day. All of a sudden the factions were consistently dropping gear up to 4 LLs above my overall LL. That never happened when i was in the 350s and 360s. Same with my exotics.

So they purposefully slowed down your progress in the 350s and 360s. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it's not cool either.

The best part of this expansion was doing the raid blind and i feel bad for everyone who missed out on it. And in their efforts to control the stupid progress, they ended up forcing everyone to grind in a rush to do it blind.

Ambitious

I'd be up to do a run.

I'd be up for it if we can do a quick run (2-2.5 hours), I'll be home around 18:30-19:00 BST

I'd like to do it just to fill the card, never done Trials before and I really suck at PvP, so if you fancy some casual runs I'm in

WotM including monitors, 7pm GMT
1. Ambitious
2. hedera_
3. JJShadow

I too would appreciate a quick run - gotta get up earlier than usual tomorrow.

Dave_6

Yup, and it's pretty quick to run as well.

If you haven't already, do the Bad Blood quest line on your alts, the end reward is a skeleton key ;)

Also, PSA save 1 skeleton key
for the thorn quest.

Barely done anything on my alts except the main story on my Titan. I was going to keep one of the keys for that quest but with my RNG there's no telling when that will pop for me.

PuMa

I'm pretty sure the Palindrome beats Imago's stats in both range, stability, and aim assist. Imago has better reload and a better clip size but that's about it.

Not true. They are very close in base stats. It really all depends on the rolls for each.

OEZdd6m.png

Foxxsoxx

Not true. They are very close in base stats. It really all depends on the rolls for each.

OEZdd6m.png

Mmm I'm not sure if Imago is the same, but Palindrome's recoil is strictly vertical which makes landing the follow up shots easier. I have Imago and it's pretty good, but Palindrome just has a better follow up feel to it. Could totally just be me though but it just feels right, even if it's kinda ugly lol.

PuMa

Mmm I'm not sure if Imago is the same, but Palindrome's recoil is strictly vertical which makes landing the follow up shots easier. I have Imago and it's pretty good, but Palindrome just has a better follow up feel to it. Could totally just be me though but it just feels right, even if it's kinda ugly lol.

Well, if you are using the vendor Palindrome, that Rangefinder perk makes a huge difference. I like that gun a lot, but for some reason, I like the feel of the Imago just a little bit better. Don't know why.

To each his/her own. I find the recoil on the Imago (easy vertical muzzle flip) super easy to control. It's a 2 shot down at very surprising range.

LiK

The Vex strikes from the skeleton key chest. It's the same model as the old Fatebringer which is pretty cool plus it has a great magazine size.

Undying Mind and Echo Chamber strike chest loot drop. I dismantled maybe 5 before i got this roll.

ah cool. i barely get Vex strikes for some reason. keep getting the same 4-5 Strikes.

The vendor Palindrome has the same range along with rangefinder, higher stability and more generous aim assist.

geez, maybe I should save up Marks for it.

I managed to hit 358 light with a random group that stuck together via siva heroics.

Anyone doing a fresh raid at the moment? Looking to try again tonight.

PSN ID: CometJP

Chitown B

Lots of saved up strange coins, heavy ammo, and motes for faction packages is how most people did it most likely. There isn't a faster way, some people just dump more time in to destiny.

Getting consistent raid clears on all 3 characters is a huge thing. More gear to light level up.

Thanks. Need the raid to level, but need to level to play the raid. Ugh.

Also, this game is super obtuse about new functions. Such as using 10 siva fragments to get a cache key (which isn't a skeleton key - that's something different, and it isn't a Splicer Key, which opens other things). I mean come on.

willow ve

So what's the best way to level when you're a casual player and just hit 350? Seems like 90% of the engrams I get are 340 blues.

noomi

So what's the best way to level when you're a casual player and just hit 350? Seems like 90% of the engrams I get are 340 blues.

Grind heroic strikes, end boss will drop blue's that will eventually cap off at 365.

Blue engrams cap off at 340

Chitown B

Grind heroic strikes, end boss will drop blue's that will eventually cap off at 365.

Blue engrams cap off at 340

capping blue engrams was a bullshit move by them. at this point they're just weapon/armor parts, and wishing for a purple every 30 or so.

Top Bottom