• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

This sniper feels gooood

l0HlvayOdhEcRjGQ8.gif

26ufdo76dN5HIFNuw.gif

Tjamato88

Anyone got a good guide or tips for Nightstalker perks in PVE?

I've been playing Gunslinger so long I don't know what perks to use with Nightstalker.

X-Frame

So are we assuming that Iron Banner gear will drop up to 385+ in lost game rewards again?

Could be a decent way to level up since they should be dropping well.

I just don't think I'll spend as much time now because the regular PvP weapon drops seem better than what IB will drop this time.

I've been playing Gunslinger so long I don't know what perks to use with Nightstalker.

Black Hole + Light of the Pack means orbs for days! I find Vanish in Smoke very useful, too, for getting out of tight spots or sneaking in for revives.

LiK

i haven't played my Alts for so long that my Hunter and Warlock are still 35 and their 3rd subclasses aren't even filled out. I dunno, too lazy atm to level them up. don't wanna get burnt out

Vanish in smoke, triple jump + bones, black hole, light of the pack, and either shade step or keen scout. Spec toward toughness + speed.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anyone up for a raid this evening? Wasn't going to bother to do the raid with my hunter but I brushed off the cobwebs yesterday and got him up to 370 or so. Might as well run the raid again.

platocplx

So Hyped. Made my first Lighthouse trip in y3. All a random group. We did extremely well as a team.

First Ticket we went 8-1 lost the 9th match and did it the hard way

Second ticket we won our first match to get the extra win then we lost the 7th match to use our mercy and won our last 2.

Im sick i didnt get the pulse rifle adept to drop. i got the scout adept and i just cant do scouts in pvp

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Anyone warlocks or Titans on ps4 still need to run nfs, strikes, patrols for their raid pulse quest? I'd love to do it before tomorrow. I'm a 371 hunter btw. Psn same as here.

Hedera

WotM including monitors, 7pm GMT
1. Ambitious
2. hedera_
3. JJShadow
4. chur

I too would appreciate a quick run - gotta get up earlier than usual tomorrow.

Anyone raiding soon? Haven't done the raid, but I'm 375 light.

Anyone up for a raid this evening? Wasn't going to bother to do the raid with my hunter but I brushed off the cobwebs yesterday and got him up to 370 or so. Might as well run the raid again.

Could you guys make it at that time? It's not the greatest hour for me, but I can manage.

LiK

no I said engrams. blue engrams are capped at 340. That's BS.

yea, the only saving grace about blue engrams is a chance at higher light legendaries if you're under 365 and also a chance at exotics. some Gaffers got exotics from a blue engram.

GlamFM

Banned
Somebody just killing Aksis RIGHT NOW?

Didn't have a key when I beat him two days ago and I'd like to open the chest before the reset.

LiK

anyone wanna kill Aksis this evening EST time? i can join or provide CP. i wanna kill him before reset.

So 2 friends and I are planning on getting a King's Fall raid together on Wedensday on PSN. We skipped out on Taken King so this will be our first time going through it and we are looking for 3 others who are in the same boat. We want to do a no spoilers run through with a group who has never played it before, so if you fall into that category and you're interested, PM me or message me on PSN (Leonidas2123).

We're in the 350-366 Light range so it shouldn't be too difficult as far as combat is concerned, so maybe we should just run it on Hard Mode? (Recommended Light: 280, Recommended Light for Hard Mode: 310)

LiK

So 2 friends and I are planning on getting a King's Fall raid together on Wedensday on PSN. We skipped out on Taken King so this will be our first time going through it and we are looking for 3 others who are in the same boat. We want to do a no spoilers run through with a group who has never played it before, so if you fall into that category and you're interested, PM me or message me on PSN (Leonidas2123).

We're in the 350-366 Light range so it shouldn't be too difficult as far as combat is concerned, so maybe we should just run it on Hard Mode? (Recommended Light: 280, Recommended Light for Hard Mode: 310)

Nice, you should be able to stomp the enemies no problem.

GlamFM

Banned

I'd suggest normal for your first run. Finding out mechanics without revives is probably not fun.

Nice, you should be able to stomp the enemies no problem.

Would it be realistic to expect us to be able to 3 man it if we can't find another 3 King's Fall virgins?

I'd suggest normal for your first run. Finding out mechanics without revives is probably not fun.

Good call, I just was worried it would be way too easy and make it seem less interesting. Raids in this game for me are kind of synonymous with challenge.

GlamFM

Banned
Would it be realistic to expect us to be able to 3 man it if we can't find another 3 King's Fall virgins?

Good call, I just was worried it would be way too easy and make it seem less interesting. Raids in this game for me are kind of synonymous with challenge.

You'll be challenged;)

Matt Frost

Got all the great crucible and vanguard weapons: Palindrome, Final Horizon, Chaos heavy machinegun the dead orbit shotgun.

-------------------------

Stick message: Also, dont post anything that is not verified on this thread or LTWood will hold a gudge and call you out even months after that. You are welcome.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

If you are going in totally blind, even with the recommended light level, it's going to take you quite a few hours I would imagine, just to figure out what to do. The difficult in KF raid wasn't the enemies killing us. It was knowing what the F to do!

Dave_6

I may be down for an Aksis kill tonight. I have the CP and the rest of my group has already gotten their first clear.

No. Difficulty in King's Fall comes from merciless fight mechanics. Final fight can be done with less than six but below four or five it definitely requires doing the fight differently than intended.

Zakalwe

Banned
Any stage 6 exotic pulse warlocks or hunters here?

Going to complete stage five this evening, I'd like to line up a fire team for the final sequence.

Psn: astropoff (if you add me pls leave a note that it's for this).

LiK

I may be down for an Aksis kill tonight. I have the CP and the rest of my group has already gotten their first clear.

What time? I may be able to join. I know the strategy and my group almost got through it but we started way too late and I had to bail to go to bed for work.

Dave_6

What time? I may be able to join. I know the strategy and my group almost got through it but we started way too late and I had to bail to go to bed for work.

I should be on around 6:30 CST at the earliest. At least I hope to.

I think blues at 365 is fine... but legendaries should be light level cap ALWAYS... IMO.

They will almost certainly change purple engrams to decode up to 385 once heroic raids come out this month, I'd guess they also change blue engrams and up them to 365. They have already confirmed there will be new sources of ghosts and artifacts and that the light level cap will be increased for drops from strikes and such.

So honestly unless you are in a fixed six man raid and all working together to get hard mode ready, its really not worth stressing about light levels and clearing the raid. It'll be super easy to get to 385 in 2, 3, 4 weeks without all the little things holding you back like they are right now.

For anyone playing tonight be aware PS4 Update 4.01 was pushed out last night, small update but will require a restart before you can play.

If there's enough for a fresh raid that would be cool otherwise count me in for one of the Aksis kills. PSN diggymow
Let's try getting a group:

1. darkistheway
2. diggymow

Depending on the votes, we'll either do a fresh raid or an Aksis kill (I have the CP on my titan).

Starting as soon as the group is full.

Vic_Viper

On the latest Kotaku Splitscreen podcast they were discussing the process for getting to LL 365 from 350. They said they found some guide on Reddit that mentioned certain items you should switch out at certain times when trying to level up among the different activities. Does anyone here know what they were talking about and/or have a link to said guide?

Edit 2: this seems to be the guide they were talking about. It's really through and detailed, explaining exactly what is going on and what you should be doing to help get past 350!

https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/54k1tc/a_comprehensive_guide_to_surpassing_350_and_365/

Might want to consider adding it to the op as well.

Other than doing the NF, CoE, Archon Forge, hard Siva Strikes, and group activities in Patrols is there anything else I should be trying to do? I've got the next two days off so I'd like to finally get past 353 lol and I know this has been talked about to
Nauseaum.

Edit: found the link in the Op.

Anyone on PS4 want to do the NF, CoE, or AF send me an invite. I'll be on for awhile today.

PSN: Squadon. LL 353 Warlock

Guys, what should I spend my legendary marks on? I keep filling up and don't really want anything that's for sale.

I already have all the year 2 versions of exotics, already got the vendor palindrome and assembly, don't really care for anything else...etc.

halp

Top Bottom