• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Train later. Final pre-IB boot camp.

tgrtrtrt.gif

LiK

Where's the best place to farm glimmer these days?

no need. just use the glimmer boosting consumables and just kill enemies while farming strikes. the combination of engram drops and glimmer will drop like crazy. i'm always maxed out now.

Kalamari

PvP question: What's my best chance at push R2 to win? I need supremacy wins. :p

Shotty 1 - good range, fulll auto and hip fire accuracy

Shotty 2 - 3 range perks

Fusion

Shotty #2 is what I would choose. You can reach the range cap using acc ballz, hand loaded, and hammer forged. Rangefinder will push the range out a little farther while in ads. Agg ballz would give better damage, but I don't think it would meet the range cap.

X-Frame

If your LL is high enough. You can join a group to grab chests at checkpoints, for instance.

You can't enter an instance by yourself, you can certainly join others though.

Thanks!

Just run the story X

Your missing out on them sweet sweet skeleton keys, getting 3 artifacts a week and 2 whole extra exotic shards

Hah it's not for me, for SonComet. Was asking for him. I did the story on all 3 of my chars. :)

wait, 3oC works in PVP?

Yep. I pop one before every match*. I got 3 exotics during my most recent trials card haha.

*For Trials/Elim, pop at the beginning of a match, not at the beginning of each round. Rounds don't count- the entire match to 5 as a whole does.

MrDaravon

I really enjoy how when I go into Crucible solo it continues to matchmake me against ridiculously hardcore fucking fireteams. Usually it's whatever, but got completely destroyed earlier by a full fireteam all rocking Y3 flawless emblems and Trials guns and these guys just completely fucking destroyed us. Of course our team was all randoms and they had a full fireteam. Like I'm not even mad at losing because those guys were legit fucking good, but I continue to not understand Crucible matchmaking (and I don't think my K/D is even breaking even at this point so I can't imagine my ELO or whatever is thinking these are fair matches).

Also ever since Trials started the redbars are all back in PvP again -_-

Yup. I find it to be more consistent as well.
If nothing else, if you're farming exotic engrams it's a good change of pace from running strikes.

dayam, next time i join Kadey choochoo, i'll pop some.

I find it to be more consistent as well. I haven't been keeping track of exotics gained from strikes vs pvp matches, but it has always seemed like I get more to drop while in the crucible.

LiK

I find it to be more consistent as well. I haven't been keeping track of exotics gained from strikes vs pvp matches, but it has always seemed like I get more to drop while in the crucible.

i noticed some people constantly getting them and was wondering why when i was playing PVP.

SgtCobra

Holy shit at the Grasp of Malok in pvp.
Holy shiiiiiiiittttt.

yeah it's stupid good haha. godtier.
Yeah it's incredible, and specially now with all these shotgunners.
And I only got Braced Frame and Red Dot-OES as noteworthy perks. Ugh now I'll have to farm even more for a counterbalance one.

MrDaravon

Holy shit at the Grasp of Malok in pvp.
Holy shiiiiiiiittttt.

Yeah it's incredible, and specially now with all these shotgunners.
And I only got Braced Frame and Red Dot-OES as noteworthy perks. Ugh now I'll have to farm even more for a counterbalance one.

Yeah I just now finally ran into a team where 3 or 4 of them are running GoM, holy goddamn shit. Real talk I am just idling the rest of this match, we're losing by 8k dunno why Shaxx hasn't done Mercy yet anyway. That shit is fucking ridiculous, I was getting insta-killed across the goddamn map from it. PvP in this game is such a hot fucking mess, and that's before you even get into most weapons/armor being RNG (I never got a GoM in TTK, and I've spent ~5-6 Skeleton keys trying to get one in RoI and nada). Please God Bungie make PvP be a totally separate thing in Destiny 2 that can be balanced separately. I want to love your PvP like I did for Halo.

SgtCobra

Yeah I just now finally ran into a team where 3 or 4 of them are running GoM, holy goddamn shit. Real talk I am just idling the rest of this match, we're losing by 8k dunno why Shaxx hasn't done Mercy yet anyway. That shit is fucking ridiculous, I was getting insta-killed across the goddamn map from it. PvP in this game is such a hot fucking mess, and that's before you even get into most weapons/armor being RNG (I never got a GoM in TTK, and I've spent ~5-6 Skeleton keys trying to get one in RoI and nada). Please God Bungie make PvP be a totally separate thing in Destiny 2 that can be balanced separately. I want to love your PvP like I did for Halo.
Ugh that sounds like a nightmare, it seems this weapon is indeed on the OP side of things, wonder why Bungie hasn't done anything yet. I'm also surprised to see such a lack of GoM's in PvP.

Did you use skeleton keys?
Yep, I had a day off today and decided to grind my light level. I got like 6 skeleton keys today and only one GoM drop though.

Edit: yeah the thing is ridiculous, wonder how a "god roll" performs

I was complaining the other day about only having a 365 chest piece after hours of playing...turn on the game today and in my postmaster there's an exotic chest piece from who knows where. Decrypts into a 369 Crest of Alpha Lupi. Yes!

Play a strike and get an exotic drop. It's a chest. 369 Crest of Alpha Lupi.

Decrypt my blues and one turns into a what??...369 Crest Of Alpha Lupi.

Be careful what you wish for.

DjRalford

I was complaining the other day about only having a 365 chest piece after hours of playing...turn on the game today and in my postmaster there's an exotic chest piece from who knows where. Decrypts into a 369 Crest of Alpha Lupi. Yes!

Play a strike and get an exotic drop. It's a chest. 369 Crest of Alpha Lupi.

Decrypt my blues and and one turns into a what??...369 Crest Of Alpha Lupi.

Be careful what you wish for.

lol

Stillmatic

Shotty #2 is what I would choose. You can reach the range cap using acc ballz, hand loaded, and hammer forged. Rangefinder will push the range out a little farther while in ads. Agg ballz would give better damage, but I don't think it would meet the range cap.

Cheers for that. I'll start leveling it up!

Top Bottom