• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Clunker

I have never done a raid. I've never posted in DestinyGAF before either. I think I should do a rain, right?

You should definitely try it! Everyone's all about Wrath of the Machine, naturally, but there are still a fair number of people around here on both systems who are one of the following:

1) new and want to run it blind,
2) fairly new, know the mechanics, and still fresh enough that they want to run it with new people, or
3) experienced and comfortable with the raid but willing to sherpa and guide you through it, if you'd like.

I literally today just had one of the most amazing 4-hour stints with Destiny since launch, which was cobbling together a blind raid group from here and Reddit and playing WotM blind. One player had been sherpa'd but was still unfamiliar with a lot of it and only hinted/nudged us in a direction when we were stuck. It's fantastic; not nearly as "one misstep and everyone wipes" as King's Fall, but more mechanically involved than Crota's End.

If your light level is 360+, you should be good to start Wrath of the Machine. If not, there's a little bit of leveling to do (or you can just run the first half of the raid, which is essentially what we did since I'm 361 now).

You could also try to set up an older raid group, but honestly at this very moment everyone is so focused on the new raid it's going to be tough to get a crew together for older content since the gear doesn't really scale.

Our raid group was made of fantastic dudes who were relaxed, laughed when we fucked up or accidentally boxed each other out of safe areas, and genuinely interested in working together to puzzle out the raid mechanics on our own. Only disappointment was we didn't get to finish
Aksis Phase One, which I was really hoping to knock out to get a new ghost since that's what's keeping me down
, but I didn't have any expectations for finishing the full raid from the get-go.

molnizzle

Scuf users, do you jump with the left paddle or sprint? Trying to figure out how to set mine up. I'd prefer to have jump on the paddle (I think) because I'd like to be able to jump and ADS at the same time and I only use one finger for both L1 and L2. Right now I bumper jump but can't jump/ADS. But I've read reports that assigning jump will wear the paddles out quickly, is that true?

LiK

Scuf users, do you jump with the left paddle or sprint? Trying to figure out how to set mine up. I'd prefer to have jump on the paddle (I think) because I'd like to be able to jump and ADS at the same time and I only use one finger for both L1 and L2. Right now I bumper jump but can't jump/ADS. But I've read reports that assigning jump will wear the paddles out quickly, is that true?

Left paddle jump is fine.

lt519

Anyone doing an Aksis kill or starting a new raid with monitors right now?
I'm up for either of those things.

We're slowly forming up to do an Aksis kill we couldn't get done on Friday because we didn't know the strat. Should be good now, just need to get everyone online, you'd make 6.

Edit: it might be like 30-45 minutes before we are all online

I got this one as well:

It's pretty good to be honest, Take a Knee perk is really useful in a scout rifle and explosive rounds do solar damage, so it's my go to primary weapon during this weekly heroic strikes

Explosive rounds do solar damage? I did not know this. I've always ignored that perk. Same with high caliber rounds.

Zakalwe

Banned
How do you work out the solution for the final stage of the Exotic pulse quest (An Unknowable Science)?

I'm probably being extremely dense, I can't make sense of it.

Mindlog

Looking for a Hunter to start 'Be the Battery.'
How do you work out the solution for the final stage of the Exotic pulse quest (An Unknowable Science)?

I'm probably being extremely dense, I can't make sense of it.
Enter all the numbers into the Calculator. Don't forget to enter the same ending number.

Also looking for; Hunter of any Light Level that want to run around and earn free loot for about 30 minutes :]

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have never done a raid. I've never posted in DestinyGAF before either. I think I should do a rain, right?
Welcome to DGAF!

I run newbie raids each week to lead players through in a stress-free environment. If you're interested, stay tuned to this thread for sign-up forms! However, these do have some basic requirements. Where are you in the game? What Light Level is your highest character?

For a while, I'm going to be running only the newest raid- Wrath of the Machine- because there are lots of people looking for their first completion of it as they get geared up. After a little while, I'm going to go back to rotating between all of the existing raids for anyone who has yet to experience (or wants to revisit) that content.

Zakalwe

Banned
It's pretty good to be honest, Take a Knee perk is really useful in a scout rifle and explosive rounds do solar damage, so it's my go to primary weapon during this weekly heroic strikes

I'm fairly certain that's not true. If your weapon is kinetic, explosive rounds deal kinetic only.

Looking for a Hunter to start 'Be the Battery.'

Enter all the numbers into the Calculator. Don't forget to enter the same ending number.

I'm doing this but I'm still confused.

Entered all numbers. Got a list of 11 solutions. No idea what to do now...

Can I just choose any of the solutions?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone want to do ROI raid up to Final boss? I'm thinking 6:30 PM EST
PSN

Pandora012
Nico - Squid in training
Jafku
GibbShift

Should be no problem, since we are not doing the final boss

I'll join on my Titan
Need to do full Raid on Him

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
GAF I have a question about the Siva Engine part of the Raid exotic quest.

I kinda screwed up and got the quest on my warlock with my friend who is also a warlock. my other friend is a Hunter so I switched to my titan to get the first part of the quest done. It counted the strikes and daily events (For them) even though I didnt have the Siva Engine on my Titan.

We were going to switch to help me get the first part of the quest, but after reading the last few steps it seems we need to open the Siva Engine at once. This will cause a conflict, right?

Top Bottom