• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

It's the extra dmg vs fallen plus the main perk, I think it'll be hard to beat as a primary.

And as the raid specials and heavies also do extra dmg in the raid, they can keep up with other exotics.

It will definitely be worth playing around with, but I think a mix of OP and raid weapons might be the way to go.

Hmm, but the raid scout and auto also do bonus fallen damage... and the raid scout can fire something like 47 shots with out reloading or something crazy.

I really wonder if at equal light levels the scout and auto wont best it. If the siva swarms were stronger it would be more easy to determine but they dont seem to do much in PvE. Curious when someone crunches the numbers and we see it's true DPS etc.

Strider

Finally was able to matchmake and try archon forge out with a couple of others.

Did 7-8 rounds and AF is preeeeeetty fun...Got 4 or 5 legendaries so that was cool too. At 351 now.

Zakalwe

Banned
That IB shotgun is going to make our lives hell. :3

Hmm, but the raid scout and auto also do bonus fallen damage... and the raid scout can fire something like 47 shots with out reloading or something crazy.

I really wonder if at equal light levels the scout and auto wont best it. If the siva swarms were stronger it would be more easy to determine but they dont seem to do much in PvE. Curious when someone crunches the numbers and we see it's true DPS etc.

True. The auto rifle is really great at clearing trash, I don't have the scout yet how dos the low stability feel? It looks a little like the Keystone type which is nice to fire but a little unruly.

It's going to be a lot of fun testing out raid loadouts from here that's for sure.

Tjamato88

Finally was able to matchmake and try archon forge out with a couple of others.

Did 7-8 rounds and AF is preeeeeetty fun...Got 4 or 5 legendaries so that was cool too.

I got to do it yesterday too and it was awesome.

It was hard because some of those keys are built for 360 LL and I'm only 356 but overall I had a good time. I don't like that if I die I have to use a Splicer Key to get back into the fight.

JJShadow

I got to do it yesterday too and it was awesome.

It was hard because some of those keys are built for 360 LL and I'm only 356 but overall I had a good time. I don't like that if I die I have to use a Splicer Key to get back into the fight.

Yeah, crappy design but just wait until someone revives you, that way you don't have to use it

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
IB bounties are piss easy :D.

Yep. I was pleasantly surprised to read about them last night. I think i might be able to do all four weekly bounties today.

Let us know what the rewards are like. I also want to know what the artifact drop rate is for the four weekly bounties. Hopefully it is at least 1 in 4. I cant do Eris Morn rank ups anymore.

SlimySnake

Saw someone mention leveling up Eris to get a better artifact. Just got her to Rank 4 only got an emblem?

Yeah same thing happened to me last week with my Hunter. Looks like the artifacts and class items start dropping at either rank 5 or after 5.

Even then the drop rate is 50-50. I had better luck using the skeleton key opening chests for high level artifacts.

Tjamato88

Yeah same thing happened to me last week with my Hunter. Looks like the artifacts and class items start dropping at either rank 5 or after 5.

Even then the drop rate is 50-50. I had better luck using the skeleton key opening chests for high level artifacts.

How do you rank up Eris? Is the only way by doing CoO?

Spoo

Finally went flawless last night with my team for the first time, no carry.

Drizz told me it'd feel good when it finally happened and he was right :)

Yeah and the bounties that I can't figure out how to make drop. Seems random to me.
They are weekly bounties, should get one with your first CoO completion of the week.
Finally went flawless last night with my team for the first time, no carry.

Drizz told me it'd feel good when it finally happened and he was right :)

went my first time ever this week too. it feels spectacular.
Seeing that landing cutscene for the first time after getting there on my own steam was probably the best thing I've ever experienced in Destiny.

I still watch it every time too, hadn't gotten old yet.

SlimySnake

How do you rank up Eris? Is the only way by doing CoO?

Yeah and the bounties that I can't figure out how to make drop. Seems random to me.

Bounties should drop on the first Court of Oryx kill of the week. Do that bounty for 250 rep. Completing it and consuming it should give you another bounty for 500 rep. Finish that and you will get a third bounty for 750 rep. Thats 1500 rep. You should easily get the rest of the 1500 points in CoO granted you find a decent group.

Drops are still 50/50 artifacts or class items. Use skeleton key on Valas Ta'raq mars strike boss chest. I had a blue drop at 378 last night after a gaffer said he was 3 for 3 with that chest.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I see shitty loot distribution hasn't changed. >.>

First Iron Banner match, lowest on our ( losing ) team gets the Legendary Assault Rifle and another Legendary.

Vic_Viper

Anyone looking to do the Nightfall on PS4?

LL 355 Warlock
PSN Squadon

I just need to switch characters when ready to go

molnizzle

So there is no longer a daily rep multiplier for IB that goes up as the week progresses? Damn it, that was the best addition to IB.

It's just evened out now. I think you still get a small bonus for your second and third guardians though.

But he "needs" it according to Bungie logic. "3rd or worst" is my squads crucible motto.

I see top ranked people get the only drops a lot too. It's just random, everyone has a shot at loot.

I see shitty loot distribution hasn't changed. >.>

First Iron Banner match, lowest on our ( losing ) team gets the Legendary Assault Rifle and another Legendary.
All rng baby
14567359_586012084938882_3524834506430739681_o.jpg

Top Bottom