• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Zakalwe

Banned
Seriously though.

Party Crasher
Conspiracy Theory
Last Ditch
Matador

I honestly don't see how it is a good thing for the game for a weapon type to be so extremely dominant.

I find them annoying, but you can counter them. As soon as you realise a player or two on the other side is using a shotgun, you adjust your tactics and hold back a little more, play more cautiously lure them toward you, etc...

Saying that...

Shotguns should force you to get close, not take someone down mid-range in one hit. Fusion rifles already cover that role, and they're balanced by the fact they need to charge. Shotguns with huge range are like Fusion rifles without the downside, it's really bad design.

stay gold

Seriously though.

Party Crasher
Conspiracy Theory
Last Ditch
Matador

I honestly don't see how it is a good thing for the game for a weapon type to be so extremely dominant.

Well it's the result of them nerfing snipers when they should have been buffing primaries. I called this happening the second I saw the 'balance' patch notes.

JJShadow

For the final raid step in the Outbreak Prime quest, do you need to have at least 1 guardian of each class in your fireteam or can it be any composition?

LiK

Who gives a fuck about NF when IB is raining amazing gear. Watching Gaffers in this group get so many good stuff lol

Zakalwe

Banned
For the final raid step in the Outbreak Prime quest, do you need to have at least 1 guardian of each class in your fireteam or can it be any composition?

The raid step can be anyone.

You only need the composition for the second step and the engine code steps.

RIP lol.

9zA1DSh.jpg

Invective too strong.

386 IB Ghost, thank you very much.

385 IB Rocket Launcher (Arc) with same base stats as Gjallarhorn with Hard Launch, Javelin, Quickdraw/Speed Reload, and Tracking/Cluster Bomb

Supremacy is just not a good mode for me. I cannot run shotgun as a primary.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get into a group because any more matches with randoms might kill me. Everyone just runs around like they are playing clash.

The state of Crucible is just really not enjoyable to me. Feel like I have hit a wall skills wise.

So I want some loot. Is it ok to play IB even if it means my team will lose every single match? I'm sorry in advance if you end up on my team. This is why they shouldn't make gear pvp specific and at all easy to get lol.

Ryck

Need two for WOTM Raid, no pressure just wanna see how far we can get in an hour or so.
Psn:
Ryck007

Ps. We've all cleared it before.

Hung Wei Lo

So I want some loot. Is it ok to play IB even if it means my team will lose every single match? I'm sorry in advance if you end up on my team. This is why they shouldn't make gear pvp specific and at all easy to get lol.

We should join up for the lulz..I'll aim for 0 kills or a sub .5 k/d ratio (wait..that's what I'm currently at)

darknil

So it appears Iron Banana is good this week, I guess I'll redeem the bounties at the end of the week when I can't get more light just on post-game rewards

Strider

rofl being low LL is interesting to say the least. I''m gonna need a sniper with more impact :p

Got a legendary upgrade for my gauntlets after one game tho so off to a good start there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Supremacy is partially to blame.

Sniping makes 0 sense when you need to go touch the dude you just sniped.
Well, you don't need to. Anyone on your team can. It's not viable in Rumble Supremacy but a sniper or two per team can swing firefights in Supremacy in a big way and prevent crest captures. Not that I'm remotely good enough to do it.

The two of you are also ignoring at least one completely magical and glorious class of special weapon.

Supremacy isn't for everyone but for someone who prefers competing against shotgunners over snipers- when I'm not using either of those two weapon types myself- it's a pretty wonderful change of pace.

Sorry for sounding ignorant but what does FUD mean? Also I missed the memo about this hotfix?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt

Which is to say...
There is no hotfix lol

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

I just spent 15 minutes at the Echo Chamber boss because all my teammates would do is shoot rockets at the boss and shoot tethers at the adds instead of the boss. And die a lot.

Echo Chamber is the worst strike in the game by far. I hate it.

Shito

Only had time for 4 IB matches with randoms tonight: 4 wins, the auto-rifle dropped, the cloak dropped, 2 exotics dropped.
And I'm only 352 LL...

jedneOuAEkcgg.gif

Shiro is selling the Mantle of Gheleon cloak from Year 1 Iron Banner. Comes at a base 350 LL.

Requires 5,000 Glimmer and a Class Item Legendary Engram.

Kyne

Well, you don't need to. Anyone on your team can. It's not viable in Rumble Supremacy but a sniper or two per team can swing firefights in Supremacy in a big way and prevent crest captures. Not that I'm remotely good enough to do it.

The two of you are also ignoring at least one completely magical and glorious class of special weapon.

Supremacy isn't for everyone but for someone who prefers competing against shotgunners over snipers- when I'm not using either of those two weapon types myself- it's a pretty wonderful change of pace.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt

Which is to say...

Touche on the sniper issue. I wish I had someone I could be that coordinated with.

Fusion Rifles always go over my head because they became part of the meta when I took a year off of Destiny. I'll have to get around to trying them out.

Wow I never play pvp. Played one match, stole a bunch of crests when my team killed people, won the game, got an unbent tree AR, and an exotic helmet from a 3oC...

thumbsupcomputerkid.jpg

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

I just spent 15 minutes at the Echo Chamber boss because all my teammates would do is shoot rockets at the boss and shoot tethers at the adds instead of the boss. And die a lot.

Echo Chamber is the worst strike in the game by far. I hate it.
SABER strike takes that spot for me. Echo chamber is okish. SABER is just pure sadomasochism. Don't even get me started if ark is the modifier for it...

Aniway, is IB dropping random loot or just the same as per the vendor table?

I need some upgrades to my ghost and ornament badly

Top Bottom