• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Anybody know where I can get a USB outlet thing so I can hook up my dualshock or headphones straight to my outlet?
I know a lot of android phone plugs are compatible, but I don't have any.
I need a cheap one.

Wow. Iron banner lag is unreal today. I thought it would be better with a larger playerbase but pvp in this game is so screwed because of the sbmm. Taking me 3 minutes to matchmake and I ain't even that good. Please let me play people on the same continent if you can't do same country

Strider

0 wins 4 losses so far solo queueing IB

Send help

grave.gif

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Iron Banner rules. (Beside the lag, though I only noticed it in a few instances.) I leveled up a few LLs and got a new ship:

I can finally put my Year 1 Playstation exclusive ship to bed, though if everyone has the Heberian Thoughtcrime in a few days, I may go back to it.

is the trespasser actually good in pvp? i've been seeing it a lot. seems like it would suck since the main perk wouldn't proc that much

jacobs34

That new autorifle sure seems like it's designed with this particular game mode in mind. It's fantastic up close, and destroys the shotgun rushers, but boy is it awful at any range. It's neat having a gun that seems to be meant with one thing in mind.

lt519

Do you even Destiny, bro? Never zap your resource cashe unless you absolute...MUST level something up in a very limited time frame.

In other words, unless you wanted to make a run for "Worlds first raid" or something like that. Always...always...horde resources. Bungie moves the goal posts all the time.

I will likely end my Destiny 1 career with 700 ascendant energy and 500 ascendant shards. (Yea, that's right...)

Lol, that's what I figured, last expansion mine as well spend all my energy and shards.

And no it was more of a push to get to a higher LL to help out my raid team that was lower LL. We didn't want to be worlds first but after the first couple weeks its hard to avoid spoilers and find some people go in blind with us. So there was a bit of a push in the beginning.

I also just opened three IB rewards and got three items at 387.

Also been rocking the Genesis auto rifle and it's pretty solid in IB, love the firefly in groups.

Mindlog

First tryhard real rusty PvP and top the scoreboard with a shotgun drop. Nice. Palindrome/Party Crasher of Shotgunecy seems to be mint.

Shotgun looks like crap for PvP.
But it is void and seems like a decent PvE roll. Hrm.

lt519

What LL were you when cashing in?

No more shader and emblem needed?

382 lol and two rewards I turned in got a 387 Rocket Launcher, 387 Legs, and from turning in my Rank 3 quest I got a 387 helmet. Had two 384 artifacts drop, a 384 helmet, a 384 shotgun and a 383 shotgun drop in about 10 matches. Was at 381 to start.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
382 lol and two rewards I turned in got a 387 Rocket Launcher, 387 Legs, and from turning in my Rank 3 quest I got a 387 helmet. Had two 384 artifacts drop, a 384 helmet, a 384 shotgun and a 383 shotgun drop in about 10 matches. Was at 381 to start.

Yeah, the drops are wild.

When does IB end, BTW?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Let's start a train. Team F Randoms.

Just quote and add your psn name and i will send invite.

1) TheNegativedude

5 iron banner games. 2 exotics. 2 of the auto rifles. The chest armor. An artifact. And a few shit blues. 370 to 376 in maybe an hour and change. Wow!

Edit: also ranked up FWC and got a Titan towel so that helped as well.

the new meta for solo queue iron banner is being on the team with the fewest AFKers

so glad i didn't spend any time grinding past 370 or blowing tons of mats on faction packages, grinding via Iron Banner while catching up on TV shows is awesome

so was everything else, so it was offset.

whoever made juggernaut shield a thing shouldn't be reading spreadsheets.
True. Primaries were waaaaaay better than. Now they're so weak ):

And yeah, whoever decided to buff Juggernaut needs to be slapped in the face.

Across 10 or so matches I can count the total amount of times I've been killed by a primary on one hand. Everyone is just running around with their special out all the time.

Throw in the lag and I'm not far off dropping this games pvp completely. Which is a shame as when there is no lag it is a joy to play

Is IB solely skill-based matchmaking? I have lost 7 games in a row now because it only matches me with people who are either in a 4-6 person train or are Dongolia the 12-armed death god who lives in a realm that is both within Bungie's server room and 5000 miles from everyone else.

LiK

Got a FR to drop from IB bounty. Not sure if it's any good. Also got another shottie and legs. Really wanted the helm. Someone else got it.

I was just disconnected from the game. Am I the only one to whom it happened? I'm in Canada.
Our entire team got kicked just now save for 1 person lol. The other team was glitching all over and then we all got booted with "bird" errors. Our remaining clanmate who didn't get kicked is still there haha.

Strider

Played 10 games. Won 1.

IB is stressful man lol

Did 3 of the bounties but might be done with it. Def done solo queueing...

Got a couple LLs at least. I also got the Pulse Rifle with RangeFinder... wonder if its any good... Will have to test later.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i wouldn't mind an elaboration on your laughing out loud void of context. It would seem to be pretty plainly and obviously true from my perspective as well. Even if you don't like Supremacy or aren't getting good matches, the drops have never been more generous nor more relevant to ongoing progression. Plus a number of the weapons are quite good all-around.

Lima

Rank 5 in 4 and a half hours. Second and third characters still get the rep buff if one character is rank 5 already. DOUBLE the rep. God damn.

Top Bottom