• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Dalek

Man I hope there's a train going tonight when my kid goes to bed. I played 2 matches during lunch and got my clock cleaned but I got that cool shotgun.

lt519

This is the good ole IB I remember. First match dumped into down 30 and then the next match 4 players quit leaving a 2 on 6 for 3 minutes.

Gotten an Artifact and a Shotgun already though, lol.

What to do with all these Legendary Marks?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Touche on the sniper issue. I wish I had someone I could be that coordinated with.
Well, get on a GAF train! :D
Fusion Rifles always go over my head because they became part of the meta when I took a year off of Destiny. I'll have to get around to trying them out.
Crazy thing is that the best they've ever been was still back at launch. But they are in a good place now.

I wonder if anyone else remembers exactly how absurd Pocket Infinity and Plan C were in those early days... except when PI would bug out and stop being exotic, lol.

Chest piece, boots, 2 artifacts, 3 shotguns, 1 autorifle, 1 sniper and 1 machine gun so far lol. 25% into rank 4.

Helmet, Arms (2), Chest, Boots, Cloak, Artifact (2), Ghost, Shader, Shotgun (2), Machine Gun, and Rocket Launcher at 700/2400 into Rank 4.

7 Exotic engrams from 3oC as well.

What started as a completely ho-hum affair with three Nightfall runs turned around quickly with an amazingly smooth and nearly flawless raid run followed up with an awfully generous Iron Banner so far.

Also got the Exotic Pulse Rifle quest started.

Crazy thing is that the best they've ever been was still back at launch. But they are in a good place now.

I wonder if anyone else remembers exactly how absurd Pocket Infinity and Plan C were in those early days... except when PI would bug out and stop being exotic, lol.

Yes I do. Being sniped with Plan C from the other side of the map is a memory I have tried hard to erase from my mind.

Mindlog

PI was just silly.
Wouldn't really know about the rest because I was to busy mapping people with my 77 Wizard
NH9gE7v.gif

HMD

Having to go out of my way to collect legendary marks is so lame, I wish we could just go back to the old 3 marks per crucible game.

wbarreda

Are the new shaders being sold or do they drop post match?

Edit. First Top Page Hype!!!! Add me on XBL for anything (raids,trials,nightfall, help with quest lines, seriously anything I love helping any and all guardians become legend) GT: Dr ChadMan

I added you. GT is same as username. Will need help with some strikes/maybe IB

Trakan

Glad to see Bungie's RNG is still completely random, got two rocket launchers with the same perks from my bounty turn-ins.

lt519

Not sure how I feel about Iron Banner basically trivializing the Light Level race. It's great for everyone, but I'd rather they had started this way. It's just weird that everyone was grinding heroic strikes to get to 365 and then started grinding reputation packages. It's just so inconsistent. I spent all my resources, had I known, I would of just held on to them all. I also infused a lot of good gear to keep creeping up in Light Level.

Finally got my hands on a trespasser from the lighthouse chest, and am giving it a whirl in iron banner. This thing is beautiful. I haven't beat out this many shotgun rushes since The Last Word was king.

I'm finally a believer in sidearms!

LiK

These IB bounties are a joke. If you're halfway decent at PVP, you can complete them all in an evening.

Agent

First 3 games of Iron Banner have been a lesson in matchmaking disaster. First time I was matched against a full team of 6 with not a single group on my team. Got demolished. Second game was against 2 teams of 3, with a single team of 2 on my team. Got demolished. Third game was the same as the first with a full-time of 6, most with year 3 trials emblems; got demolished.

I've love to know the matchmaking logic of saying "hey let's put a full team of 6 against of bunch of randoms, that sounds like a great idea." None of the games were joined in progress, all were fresh matches to start with that setup.

benzopil

Not sure how I feel about Iron Banner basically trivializing the Light Level race. It's great for everyone, but I'd rather they had started this way. It's just weird that everyone was grinding heroic strikes to get to 365 and then started grinding reputation packages. It's just so inconsistent. I spent all my resources, had I known, I would of just held on to them all. I also infused a lot of good gear to keep creeping up in Light Level.
I didn't farm strikes because it's boring AF and I already played them for two years. Also didn't have a lot to give to faction because I always spend my motes to upgrage a new gear and test it. Was hoping that IB will help me to make progress and it delivered. At least it's partially a new content.

lt519

I didn't farm strikes because it's boring AF and I already played them for two years. Also didn't have a lot to give to faction because I always spend my motes to upgrage a new gear and test it. Was hoping that IB will help me to make progress and it delivered. At least it's partially a new content.

Yeah, not complaining, glad people have a legit fun way to get Light Level gear, it just feels like I wasted some energy doing it earlier. A little weird its a better source than say the raid or trials. Could of had a couple more hours of sleep last week :)

benzopil

Yeah, not complaining, glad people have a legit fun way to get Light Level gear, it just feels like I wasted some energy doing it earlier. A little weird its a better source than say the raid or trials. Could of had a couple more hours of sleep last week :)
At least you were able to finish the raid earlier than most of people :)

Raven117

Do you even Destiny, bro? Never zap your resource cashe unless you absolute...MUST level something up in a very limited time frame.

In other words, unless you wanted to make a run for "Worlds first raid" or something like that. Always...always...horde resources. Bungie moves the goal posts all the time.

I will likely end my Destiny 1 career with 700 ascendant energy and 500 ascendant shards. (Yea, that's right...)

timnich

I've played an hour and a half of iron banner and have noticed my rep had not gone up at all. Am I missing something here? Crucible rep on the other hand has been going regularly.

Ramirez

Racing to the top has always been a silly way to spend your time in this game, lol.

Grinding out Rank 5 solo, kill me.

GlamFM

Banned
I've played an hour and a half of iron banner and have noticed my rep had not gone up at all. Am I missing something here? Crucible rep on the other hand has been going regularly.

You probably lost for one and a half hours straight :(

You only get IB rep for turning in IB bounties or wins. If you don't win you don't get rep.
Crucible rep will accumulate no matter what though.

Top Bottom