• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Jblanks

i wouldn't mind an elaboration on your laughing out loud void of context. It would seem to be pretty plainly and obviously true from my perspective as well. Even if you don't like Supremacy or aren't getting good matches, the drops have never been more generous nor more relevant to ongoing progression. Plus a number of the weapons are quite good all-around.

Well depends how you look at it I guess. Drops are awesome, the gamemode, and gameplay isn't. Surpemacy in general is just shotgun fest, and now you add the factor of having people 380+ getting matched with people who are 330-385, and the LL actually matters. So you get LL 380s running around 1 shoting people with shotguns from 20 feet away, while not a whole lot can be done if you're not close to 380 LL. You're going to have a terrible time if you're under 370, especially this time because shotguns are so powerful, and no other guns are being used; and rightfully so.

It's just not fun; previous IB I found a lot better; it's nice getting constant loot though.

Toki767

So best to wait to turn in bounties until later on since you'll probably be going up a few light levels from post match rewards?

shotgun banner

so you're saying I should probably use this thing I got the other day

j3MKvFU.jpg

Lima

shotgun banner

While shotguns are everything in every game mode now it is much more in supremacy. The nature of the game mode just isn't for sniper rifle. There is no point sniping someone across the map with no one being there to collect the crest.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well depends how you look at it I guess. Drops are awesome, the gamemode, and gameplay isn't. Surpemacy in general is just shotgun fest, and now you add the factor of having people 380+ getting matched with people who are 330-385, and the LL actually matters. So you get LL 380s running around 1 shoting people with shotguns from 20 feet away, while not a whole lot can be done if you're not close to 380 LL. You're going to have a terrible time if you're under 370, especially this time because shotguns are so powerful, and no other guns are being used; and rightfully so.

It's just not fun; previous IB I found a lot better; it's nice getting constant loot though.
It definitely depends how you look at it.

Supremacy is most likely my all-around favorite mode, and I rarely ever use shotguns. I'm not sure people get just how dominated by hardscoping snipers the Crucible could feel from the perspective of someone who doesn't enjoy (and cannot reliably manage) countersniping back in team games on a regular basis. Control is my least favorite mode. So what sucks for you in comparison to previous IBs is a leg up before I even get in the door this time. Seems like you'd agree this were the best IB so far if it were simply a different mode.

Drops, well, some of the previous iterations of IB especially the earliest few were just abysmal in that regard.

As far as having a terrible time if you're under 370, I really don't know, 365->380 is actually not that substantial a gap in 6s and it seems like a great way to level up; you can complete the bounties relatively simply over the week. You don't even need to win to progress.*shrug* It's all a matter of perspective.

I do imagine it won't be all that much consistent fun with randoms. If you haven't, try and get on a GAF train.
So best to wait to turn in bounties until later on since you'll probably be going up a few light levels from post match rewards?
The bounty drops will thusly help you increase the light levels of the post match rewards too so *shrug* Up to you really.

IB is pretty awful right now if you aren't in a group and below 360 LL imo. I have lost 15 times in a row at this point, and I feel like I'm shooting spitballs at everyone.

Any of you guys use universal remote as your primary for IB? Its a shotgun and has good perks, I know Goliathan uses it a lot on his titan (its awesome with juggernaut) but not having great luck on my hunter with it. I don't want to burn drops to infuse stuff so right now just equipping stuff as it drops which kinda sucks

Jblanks

It definitely depends how you look at it.

Supremacy is most likely my all-around favorite mode, and I rarely ever use shotguns. I'm not sure people get just how dominated by hardscoping snipers the Crucible could feel from the perspective of someone who doesn't enjoy (and cannot reliably manage) countersniping back in team games on a regular basis. Control is my least favorite mode. So what sucks for you in comparison to previous IBs is a leg up before I even get in the door this time. Seems like you'd agree this were the best IB so far if it were simply a different mode.

Drops, well, some of the previous iterations of IB especially the earliest few were just abysmal in that regard.

As far as having a terrible time if you're under 370, I really don't know, 365->380 is actually not that substantial a gap in 6s and it seems like a great way to level up; you can complete the bounties relatively simply over the week. You don't even need to win to progress.*shrug* It's all a matter of perspective.

I do imagine it won't be all that much consistent fun with randoms. If you haven't, try and get on a GAF train.

The bounty drops will thusly help you increase the light levels of the post match rewards too so *shrug* Up to you really.

Yea it would easily be the best if it was Control gamemode for sure; that's the only gamemode I play (or used to), guess it's just my hate for Supremacy, and the fact I keep playing against groups of 3-6. Like right now I don't have a real good shotgun so I'm at a pretty big disadvantage, plus I'm only LL 369 which doesn't help, as well as randoms.

Wasn't there sort of brackets before for IB? like 250-280, and then 280+ or something ?

Is there One Shotgun To Rule Them All or are there several shotguns that are all viable?

Depends on how accurate you are. If you won't miss, go big with a max impact and max range shotty like Matador. If you want a little more breathing room party crasher is good, and I personally love a Two To The Morgue I have that has a great roll.

Some will say Matador. They aren't wrong.

That being said, I can't stop using Invective.

I'm not absolutely sure, but Matador 64 is bananas in pvp. It's tops for me.

Invective just because it regenerats ammo and shoots quickly
Matador or Party Crasher with any range perk
Just depends on your play style

I have neither Invictive or Matador. I've been using The Comedian. Where can I buy the previous two? I played a shitton of PvP and neither dropped.

Really? I got one from the gold bounty, but with shitt perks. I need to try it on IB

Buh? What perks? I thought the perks on these weapons were all locked.

I have neither Invictive or Matador. I've been using The Comedian. Where can I buy the previous two? I played a shitton of PvP and neither dropped.

Dead Orbit sells a decent shotty as well, though I've missed what the general consensus is on that one in here.

If you have a Y1 Invective, you can buy the Y2 version, and the only way to obtain Matador is from playing crucible.

Matador and Party Crasher are probably the best shotties in the game ATM.

Born2Live

Just had a 381 artifact drop followed by a 383 one in IB. Went to the Temple to complete some bounties and I get a 385 artifact as a reward from the bounty.

Get on Iron Banner people.

Ty

Clunker

Finally got an updated ghost from a Crucible package thanks to IB! Now up to 363, and I'm loving every second of big, dumb Supremacy.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
im at 365 due to IB...DGAF am I cool enough to be carried into the WoTM raid?

Mindlog

I was hoping there would be a medal for retrieving your own supremacy dog tag whatever it's called. Pleased with met expectations.

LiK

Ugh, so that hidden trophy in RoI cannot be done solo. I need to do that so next time I'm on, I hope I can do it with someone. Need minimum 2 people for it to work.

Are there any estimates on hours to get to rank 5 in IB? I can only play 3 nights this week!

6-man group queue with everyone 370+ will take 4-5 hours, assuming 80% win rates.

Solo queue, with 20% win rates (seems about average) will take around 8-10 hours, I'm 4 hours in and rank 4 with 1200 rep left after I turned in all my bounties. So not really bad at all. I'd recommend turning in bounties sooner than later (get to 365-370 first tho), each bounty will give you a gear drop boost that'll help with the LLs of drops in the rest of your games.

I went from light 371 to 376 in 4 hours and I have tons of dupes now for alt infusions. Hit rank 5 first on one character so you can max out the bonuses you get on your alts, don't level them all together or anything like that. Plus then you can infuse your alts up so the gear that drops for them is higher light.

I feel bad for anyone who super grinded in the last 2 weeks to raid, this is way, way, way easier. By the end of the week we will see a ton of 385s running around, be interesting to see how it affects WOTM normal difficulty.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I started out as 376 Titan, after Raid, 378

Then IB appeared
4.5 hours of IB train

With 3 Faction Packages, 2 Vanguard, All 4 IB Bounties, and the Quest to give you more loot

My Titan is 383.5

Sweet Jesus, if you're 360-365, don't do strikes, fuck the Raid, screw Nightfall till like Monday evening (its Sepkis Perfected for fuck sakes with Small Arms)

Just Grind IB

Literally in less than 10 hours 7.5 light levels, fucking unreal...

Now I got my Warlock and Titan power leveled to 380+ from extras from my Titan

By the way, save your Bounties till you're say Rank 3.5

This way you get the quest packages + have at least 100 legendary marks used up cause you will gain +100 per character

So remember to spend those marks

Weapons:
I so far have gotten 5 IB Auto Rifles 380-382
3 IB Shottys 382-384
2 IB Snipers 384
1 IB LMG 384

Armor

385 Helmet from IB package
385 Gauntlets
383 Body from IB package
384 Boots
385 Artifact!
383 Ghost!

Yeesh sitting pretty at 383 on my Titan

*PSA*
Also this maybe placebo effect but do not go past 383 Light
Why?

Some people who were 385-386+ were getting 384-385 drops
Then they switched down to 383 and bam 387 gloves
Mind you it might have been circumstantial, but food for thought

Just hit 383-384, then save all items with higher LL in Vault until IB leaves
You might get to 385 and not get drops with higher LL on them
Just sending it out
Might help some people

I'm saving everything now from 384+ just to accumulate, never infuse and see how far up the LL you can go
Can maybe get a whole set of 387-388 gear possible to infuse by Monday

Repeat for other classes and push them up!

Top Bottom