• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

6-man group queue with everyone 370+ will take 4-5 hours, assuming 80% win rates.

Solo queue, with 20% win rates (seems about average) will take around 8-10 hours, I'm 4 hours in and rank 4 with 1200 rep left after I turned in all my bounties. So not really bad at all. I'd recommend turning in bounties sooner than later (get to 365-370 first tho), each bounty will give you a gear drop boost that'll help with the LLs of drops in the rest of your games.

I went from light 371 to 376 in 4 hours and I have tons of dupes now for alt infusions. Hit rank 5 first on one character so you can max out the bonuses you get on your alts, don't level them all together or anything like that. Plus then you can infuse your alts up so the gear that drops for them is higher light.

I feel bad for anyone who super grinded in the last 2 weeks to raid, this is way, way, way easier. By the end of the week we will see a ton of 385s running around, be interesting to see how it affects WOTM normal difficulty.
raid:
empowered people jumping on backs
isn't determined by light level so it will still be full of fail

Stillmatic

6-man group queue with everyone 370+ will take 4-5 hours, assuming 80% win rates.

Solo queue, with 20% win rates (seems about average) will take around 8-10 hours, I'm 4 hours in and rank 4 with 1200 rep left after I turned in all my bounties. So not really bad at all. I'd recommend turning in bounties sooner than later (get to 365-370 first tho), each bounty will give you a gear drop boost that'll help with the LLs of drops in the rest of your games.

I went from light 371 to 376 in 4 hours and I have tons of dupes now for alt infusions. Hit rank 5 first on one character so you can max out the bonuses you get on your alts, don't level them all together or anything like that. Plus then you can infuse your alts up so the gear that drops for them is higher light.

I feel bad for anyone who super grinded in the last 2 weeks to raid, this is way, way, way easier. By the end of the week we will see a ton of 385s running around, be interesting to see how it affects WOTM normal difficulty.

Ok, that's actually quite good! I'm 370 (yet to raid lol), so hopefully I rank up as smoothly as you have. I still have a 365 ghost...

Bold One

wie7OlZ.png

my roll

Perfect balance, Hand-Laid Stock, Full Auto, High calibre rounds,

Zen moment and crowd control.

this is the best scout I have ever used

Kalamari

I think year 3 pvp is all about making the other guy flinch, it's all about explosive rounds and high Caliber rounds.

I've got a 370 Hunter and a 369 Titan ready to go for Raid if any groups are getting ready to start

Or I could start up a group of there are people looking

i'm really enjoying the dichotomy this expansion between the medieval fantasy gear and setting and then the more techy modern militaristic stuff. it's a contrast that really only makes sense in a science fantasy world like Destiny.

Just annihilated a team 150 to 70. Granadier, his friend I and triple striker titan'd around the map punching people to death in a mob. Absolutely madness lol.

so I can get a 365 ghost doing the raid right?

I am 364 with a 359 ghost.

Technically yes but it only drops from the 4th boss and it will be difficult at 359 - not impossible, many have done it, but you are taking more damage and doing less damage.

Just run iron banner if you can, I've gotten 4 ghosts in 4 hours so far and it drops at +0-6 LL above your current item. Same with class item.

Mindlog

Faction packages really are crap compared to IB. Been having a lot of fun with this silly mode, but that's probably because of my max range 395 Party Crasher and 390 Palindrome.

Infusing the Palindrome with an Outbreak Prime was definitely the right move.

Turned in all the bounties and still rank 3, but close to 4.

I haven't gained any Light Levels, but I'm building a variety of weapons that I can use and still be 385.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Do we need to wear Iron Banner shader, emblem and class item still?

Nope Iron Banner has changed

No Tempered Buff, no boost everyday
No more Daily Bounties
Those 3 items don't need to be used

You get 4 Weekly Bounties
Easily done within 2-3 hours

You get +25 Legendary Marks per bounty, so +100 per character, total of 300 Legendary Marks
Each one gives +750 Rep, total of 3000 Rep per character, best time to use it is going from 3-4 so you bypass 1 whole rank depending on how you're doing per character
Also your second and third character do get a buff if you reach Rank 5
2 give legendary weapons
2 give legendary armor
There's also a quest which rewards you at Rank 1, 3, and 5

Win gives you +250 Rep
Loss nothing, Medallion, can have up to 5, each turned in if you win equals 150 each
So if you go 5 losses then win that's roughly 1000 Rep

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Nope. The class item no longer lists bonus IB rank points as a perk, so I assume they removed those bonuses completely, along with the tempered buff.

That's great news. I'm still gonna rock the shader and emblem (cause I like to party) but I'll gladly wear a different class item

hoggert

I think every Iron Banner I play in I post something along the lines of: "This will be my last IB, time to just get the loot and get out." Just took 3 dead on hammers to kill a guy, complete with hitmarkers. and that isn't even the most frustrating connection related thing I've run into tonight. Yet I'm still playing lol also I hate you too, Efrideet. Two HCs with meh rolls! Give me that lmg or full auto scout!

chur

Can't wait to get home and play some IB. I'm going in Felwinter's artifact, dunemarchers, and suppression grenades. Tried it a bit before heading out and I was having a blast.

Dalek

Man Iron Banner just pisses me off so much. Is my light level really that much of a difference? I'm stuck at 355 and it's like my bullets are just blanks.

Top Bottom