• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

GlamFM

Banned
Remember, you don't need only need the group composition for stage 2 and the engine code input parts. The other two quest steps you can complete by yourself (if you can't find a group to complete the entire thing).

If you need a hand with the raid step let me know!

Will do for sure. ;)

God, I'm fucking sick of shotguns. IB supremacy is nothing but shotgun shotgun and shotgun. It's been 3 fucking years, people are still crutching thier shotguns as a primary weapons and shotguns are still powerful despite being nerfed 6 times. Dammit Bungie.

fbeLItO.png

I never use a shotgun. it´s really not that bad.

Pics_nao

My friend told me that bounties are no longer boosted by waiting a few days in IB. This true? Cause I already redeemed them last night >_>

LiK

Anybody running an Iron Banner team with a spot open willing to carry me to Rank 5? I'm so damn tired of even attempting this game mode alone... The drops are great but I just do not feel this game mode at all. :/

( PSN: TiemenMeijer )

If you just wanna win but don't care about your own score, then just help randoms kill but don't bother picking up the crests. Let them pick it up for you. That's what I decided to do when I played one match solo last night.

My friend told me that bounties are no longer boosted by waiting a few days in IB. This true? Cause I already redeemed them last night >_>

correct, no boosting anymore.

Yes, there are no longer any bonuses from anything, whether it be gear or the daily thing. Although iirc they made it where you get more rep per win, plus the weeklies are super easy.

LiK

Yes, there are no longer any bonuses from anything, whether it be gear or the daily thing. Although iirc they made it where you get more rep per win, plus the weeklies are super easy.

Yea, and those medallions are worth 150 rep each, iirc. So i guess if you're holding 5 and win, you get a bunch of rep at once.

Trakan

I'm fine with the generous drops as long as it doesn't jeopardize the difficulty/LL scaling of hard mode + CM.

I don't want hard mode to come out and it just to be a breeze because we are on LL with the encounters. It's why I really hope that the final encounter is still 410 so we can never be "on LL".

I hope the opposite. Designing encounters around having permanent disadvantages like that where you take more damage and do less is awful. It's one of the reasons Crota's End was so infuriating back when it launched.

Make the encounters difficult/challenging themselves, don't put in that artificial difficulty.

LifEndz

These are some of the most lopsided matches I've ever played in IB. I'm talking regularly being down 50 crests or so. And the losing wouldn't be so bad if the matches weren't so damn long.

Outbreak Prime quest:

Can you do Parts Of The Whole(kill stuff in the Plaguelands) alone and Running The Math(do the raid again) without the two other classes with Siva engines in your team?

This quest is so specific. Hopefully there are people here who have already done it and want to help. I know once I'm done getting the gun I'll try to help others. This quest is too ridiculous not to.

PuMa

God, I'm fucking sick of shotguns. IB supremacy is nothing but shotgun shotgun and shotgun. It's been 3 fucking years, people are still crutching thier shotguns as a primary weapons and shotguns are still powerful despite being nerfed 6 times. Dammit Bungie.

Yeah, I can't stand it. And I hate using them myself.

PuMa

These are some of the most lopsided matches I've ever played in IB. I'm talking regularly being down 50 crests or so. And the losing wouldn't be so bad if the matches weren't so damn long.

Agreed. So many of the matches I'm in are decided by the timer as well. Definitely need to bring the win limit down from 150.

Shito

I really don't seem to be playing the same Supremacy mode as some of you guys.
Most of my matches have been pretty even, with usually a 10~20 points difference win, and they're just about the same length as other modes I feel. Shotguns are prevalent, because of the game mechanics of this mode of course, but I don't find it too aggravating or impossible to deal with if you stay with your teammates, pick opponents from a distance where they can't shotgun you, and advance carefully to take the crests...
Maybe I was just lucky with the people I've been matchmaked with? Seems to me everyone learnt how to play this mode quite quickly.

Played 2 hours of IB last night. Won all but 1 of the matches and had fun with the crew being dumb as we treated crests like spilled items at a grocery store

CLEAN UP ON AISLE B!!

Titan got every body piece except a helmet
Got AR, HC, shotty, fusion and artifact

Is Bungie ok? Don't forget "third or worst for the good loot"

I ended up starting the Exotic Pulse Rifle Quest far too late last night and completing it around 5:30 AM, I hope this gun is worth it. Now I have an early morning.

PuMa

Most of my matches have been pretty even, with usually a 10~20 points difference win, and they're just about the same length as other modes I feel. Shotguns are prevalent, because of the game mechanics of this mode of course, but I don't find it too aggravating or impossible to deal with if you stay with your teammates, pick opponents from a distance where they can't shotgun you, and advance carefully to take the crests...
Maybe I was just lucky with the people I've been matchmaked with? Seems to me everyone learnt how to play this mode quite quickly.

I've been playing solo, which I know is part of my problem. Solo IB has always been a nightmare. It doesn't help that most of the maps are chock full of tight corridors and hallways that promote shotgun whoring. I never want to see Last Exit again.

I ended up starting the Exotic Pulse Rifle Quest far too late last night and completing it around 5:30 AM, I hope this gun is worth it. Now I have an early morning.

It's a good pulse rifle. The Siva swarm is great in PvE and does a little damage in PvP. The main draw is the light level. If you're not a fan of pulse rifles infuse that bad boy right into something you love and print another and infuse whenever you want. I'm just waiting to decide what to put mine into.

void666

Banned
Yeah, I can't stand it. And I hate using them myself.

I tried using the trespasser which is a very fun gun. But you can't beat a TTK of 0s.
Fusion rifles are great, but inconsistent.
Once i switched to matador 64 or conspiracy theory i was able to fight back.
But i hate shotguns. I hate being a green brick farmer.

Yesterday i had a streak of 27 losses. Two years playing this game. Many iron banners. And i never lost so many matches in a row.

LifEndz

Drops aside, this is right up there with Rift in terms of my least favorite IB modes. The shotgun madness just shows how badly some maps are designed.

Yesterday i had a streak of 27 losses. Two years playing this game. Many iron banners. And i never lost so many matches in a row.
I had an IB just like this in HoW. 3 straight hours of play, all losses. Couldn't stop until I won. And I barely won the last match. The score was like a 100 point difference and each team needed less than 300 points to win. They had three guys capping A which would've won them the game.

Thank god I had my nova bomb. That was such a refreshing win. Got off right after that lol.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah, this IB is amazing, maybe some people dont really like supremacy at all, but the drops are really great

Damn, lewt drops in IB are really good.

Are they really?

I played 13 games last night. The drop 'rate' was good. the actual drops and the light level of drops were total shit. 4 class items at 381 only 1 LL above my overall LL, 3 boots at 381. 3 Primaries at 381. Two specials at 381 and 1 Armor. That includes all four bounties.

Nothing dropped over 381 which is bizarre. I was 379 to start off the night and had to use an exotic and faction upgrade just to get myself to 380 because it kept dropping boots and class items for the first 8 games.

Maybe I have bad luck. But all items being just 1 LL above your light level? What ever happened to the smart loot system of 1-6 light level increase?

No ghost or artifacts either.

To top it off, i ended the night in a 5 losing streak getting blown the fuck out every time. Stuck at Rank 4. and have no bounties left. need quite a few wins to get to Rank 5 and then im done with this shit. Will play the raid or do faction upgrades.

PuMa

Drops aside, this is right up there with Rift in terms of my least favorite IB modes. The shotgun madness just shows how badly some maps are designed.

It's like they designed the maps just for shotguns. Give me that Combined Arms playlist back. I love the wide open maps.

X-Frame

It's like they designed the maps just for shotguns. Give me that Combined Arms playlist back. I love the wide open maps.

I really liked Combined Arms last week. It was a nice change of pace and allowed me to use most of my PvE gear (Scout, Sniper).

Are they really?

I played 13 games last night. The drop 'rate' was good. the actual drops and the light level of drops were total shit. 4 class items at 381 only 1 LL above my overall LL, 3 boots at 381. 3 Primaries at 381. Two specials at 381 and 1 Armor. That includes all four bounties.

Nothing dropped over 381 which is bizarre. I was 379 to start off the night and had to use an exotic and faction upgrade just to get myself to 380 because it kept dropping boots and class items for the first 8 games.

Maybe I have bad luck. But all items being just 1 LL above your light level? What ever happened to the smart loot system of 1-6 light level increase?

No ghost or artifacts either.

To top it off, i ended the night in a 5 losing streak getting blown the fuck out every time. Stuck at Rank 4. and have no bounties left. need quite a few wins to get to Rank 5 and then im done with this shit. Will play the raid or do faction upgrades.

Isn't that directly related to your light level only being 4 below the "cap". Where a little above where you're at things are dropping at 386-388 or so and right around 380 things seem to drop around 1-2 higher? Not sure but that's the impression i'm getting from all the higher leveled friends of mine.

God, I'm fucking sick of shotguns. IB supremacy is nothing but shotgun shotgun and shotgun.

Use a sidearm or fast-charging fusion rifle and shut them down.

What ever happened to the smart loot system of 1-6 light level increase?

Thought 'smart loot' was exotics preferring the decrypting class and items you didn't have.

The +1-6 LL from the April update continued until 350 and then we're down at +0/+1 on rares/legendaries and +1-3 on exotics.

It still works, it's just much slower. I use extra gear that doesn't increase my LL to infuse my older gear so I can have options back.

Cruxist

Can you get chest armor to drop from this IB, or is it only available from completing the bounties? I want to max out my Warlock for trials this weekend, but my Titan is a higher level right now and I want to max out my time for leveling to 380+

It was interesting last night. Ran around with 3-4 buddies and did a few matches. Some were blow outs but we had 2-3 matches decided by 2 points. And those included wild swings where one team would be up by 12-14 points then it would even out and then the other team would go up by 10-12 points. Some of that attributed to teams popping off Supers at different times.

Not played a ton of Supremacy to this point but it does seem that each match concentrates itself into one area of each map. Really good teams work around with that but a lot of games are almost firefight scrums in a tiny area of a large map.

SpecX

Did a few matches last night with only 1 legendary drop for a class item. For whatever reason, I'm getting dropped into more and more matches that are already in progress. My last match of the night put me on a team losing 70 to 20, yet we somehow made a come back and lost due to time running out 134 to 132. I was so pissed cause the other team intentionally held back at the end making us have to trek across the map to get to them with the timer running out.

Overall it's a fun mode and was shocked to see some story element added to IB this time around. Wonder what else they have in store for us down the road.

spyder_ur

I'm glad the drops are good. I'm not enjoying the game mode that much from what I played yesterday. It really might as well be a mayhem mode - all you will get killed by is shotguns, supers and grenades. I had a whole 2 games without dying to a primary, and I die alot.

I miss people wearing the shader, class item and emblem though. Made it feel like more an event. I'm still infusing my IB cloak up to highest light and rocking it. They should probably fix that item description though, since it does not in fact increase IB rep.

Zakalwe

Banned
Can you get chest armor to drop from this IB, or is it only available from completing the bounties? I want to max out my Warlock for trials this weekend, but my Titan is a higher level right now and I want to max out my time for leveling to 380+

I got it via a drop just now.

I actually do really well in this mode, but it's a miserable experience. It's not fun. Encouraging shotgunning and fists of panic is my crucible nightmare.
It's "act shitty" - the game type.

JJShadow

It's being such a loooong day at work, really looking forward to get home and sink into IB. I'd like to gather people for a train around 19 BST if anyone is up for it

If I'm not mistaken, it's best (for loot's sake) to equip yourself for the IB or Crucible in general with your highest light gear, correct? (level advantages being a thing in IB aside)

PuMa

Did a few matches last night with only 1 legendary drop for a class item. For whatever reason, I'm getting dropped into more and more matches that are already in progress. My last match of the night put me on a team losing 70 to 20, yet we somehow made a come back and lost due to time running out 134 to 132. I was so pissed cause the other team intentionally held back at the end making us have to trek across the map to get to them with the timer running out.

This was happening to me a lot too. I think people bail out of games that become quickly lopsided, especially when they have maxed medallions.

Sooo many shot guns in IB. Anyway felt good getting 3 people in a row with a sniper rifle and still being able to run and get their crests. Bet they didn't see that coming.

Kyne

I'm glad the drops are good. I'm not enjoying the game mode that much from what I played yesterday. It really might as well be a mayhem mode - all you will get killed by is shotguns, supers and grenades. I had a whole 2 games without dying to a primary, and I die alot.

I miss people wearing the shader, class item and emblem though. Made it feel like more an event. I'm still infusing my IB cloak up to highest light and rocking it. They should probably fix that item description though, since it does not in fact increase IB rep.

are you playing alone?

Supremacy is not a game mode you should be playing alone. It would get super frustrating.

LiK

I got the IB sidearm last night as a drop and it looks lame. Perks seem alright but who actually likes using a sidearm in PVP?

I recently got the Trespasser exotic sidearm. How is it in PvP? I usually feel pressured into running with a shotgun in Crucible since shotgun bros are everywhere. Only thing is, is my highest light Heavy is a Truth, which seems like the best Heavy option to roll with in PvP unless I'm out of the loop.

Top Bottom