• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

glaurung

I like the pieces that I have gotten from IB for my titan (and I haven't played other classes yet). I also know that the skill-lock gauntlets look nice. They just don't mesh with anything else now, with the exception of Iron Days armor.

All said, it could have been way worse. I look forward to completing new sets now. But the Y2 Titan Iron Companion set is still god tier.

My favorite looking Guardian right now, out of my three.

0Vmk4s5.jpg

Trials helm
Trials chest
Iron banner arms
Dunemarchers
Random butt towel from Shaxx
The shader is from the record book.

Sh0k

Question about the raid, yesterday with my group we got to the last boss activating all 4 monitors, we stopped due to time and because we wanted to do some iron banner. If we want to pickup the raid from the checkpoint, kill the boss and open up the 5th monitor for the pulse rifle quest, do we have to do it with the same group? What happens a person matches with another group from the checkpoint, only that person gets the quest for pulse rifle?

GlamFM

Banned
Question about the raid, yesterday with my group we got to the last boss activating all 4 monitors, we stopped due to time and because we wanted to do some iron banner. If we want to pickup the raid from the checkpoint, kill the boss and open up the 5th monitor for the pulse rifle quest, do we have to do it with the same group? What happens a person matches with another group from the checkpoint, only that person gets the quest for pulse rifle?

You have to do it all over again.

If you guys stopped for the night, then the monitors reset themselves I'm pretty sure. You have to do it all in one run, and have at least one person who never leaves the instance. Going to orbit or quitting the game, which is essentially going to orbit, resets your monitor progression.

Ummm....I hate to tell you but the montiors only stay activated whilst the Raid is live...as soon as everyone goes to orbit progress is lost/reset. Sorry :-(

Someone has to stay in the instance and get all the way from the beginning to the final boss kill to keep the progress and keep the monitors active.

You'll have to start again :-( Or pickup an existing final boss kill from a Group that is already there with montiors active

Deku Tree

Did Bungie remove the MM that tries to put big teams against other big teams? In the SBMM solo I keep queuing up against big teams every single time and we have no chance.

ocean

Banned
Unfortunately, I haven't done the raid and for whatever reason, my Monte Carlo seems worse now than it was last week. Maybe my skills just dropped massively or people just got incredibly better

Auto Rifles are generally speaking the slowest-killing weapon type in the Crucible. An exception are the lowest-impact ones (like Doctrine, or the vendor New Monarchy and Iron Banner ARs). Higher impact stuff is not too great, you'll be outgunned more often than not.

I'd suggest you practice with low-impact Pulse Rifles (the Iron Banner one is great if you get it to drop) and Hand Cannons (Crucible vendor Palindrome is fantastic).

Lol the top destiny subreddit post right now:

"In a game about PICKING SHIT OFF THE GROUND, how do people manage not to PICK SHIT OFF THE GROUND!"

OP must not have played iron bonanza when it's control, as people don't have any idea how to capture a zone, either.

Deku Tree

Auto Rifles are generally speaking the slowest-killing weapon type in the Crucible. An exception are the lowest-impact ones (like Doctrine, or the vendor New Monarchy and Iron Banner ARs). Higher impact stuff is not too great, you'll be outgunned more often than not.

I'd suggest you practice with low-impact Pulse Rifles (the Iron Banner one is great if you get it to drop) and Hand Cannons (Crucible vendor Palindrome is fantastic).

Yeah this is what was happening to me last night. The problem was that if I want good drops at the end of the match then I had no choice except to use my 390 LL genesis.

Sh0k

You have to do it all over again.

If you guys stopped for the night, then the monitors reset themselves I'm pretty sure. You have to do it all in one run, and have at least one person who never leaves the instance. Going to orbit or quitting the game, which is essentially going to orbit, resets your monitor progression.

Ummm....I hate to tell you but the montiors only stay activated whilst the Raid is live...as soon as everyone goes to orbit progress is lost/reset. Sorry :-(

Someone has to stay in the instance and get all the way from the beginning to the final boss kill to keep the progress and keep the monitors active.

You'll have to start again :-( Or pickup an existing final boss kill from a Group that is already there with montiors active

Well that sucks, at least is not that time consuming doing it alll over again, we really enjoy the raid. Thanks all!

Shito

On Bungie.net my IB matches are showing up as Rumble, not Supremacy. This going on for anyone else? Possibly why IB wins aren't counting toward the record book?
My IB wins yesterday were counted in the record book; I know because I've checked.

Yeah this is what was happening to me last night. The problem was that if I want good drops at the end of the match then I had no choice except to use my 390 LL genesis.

Just use whatever you want but switch to your highest light gear/weapons a minute before the match ends. Problem solved ;)

GlamFM

Banned
Well that sucks, at least is not that time consuming doing it alll over again, we really enjoy the raid. Thanks all!

It´s an awesome raid - might even be my favorite one.

1. Vault of Glass
1. Wrath of the Machine

3. Kings Fall
4. Crotas End

On Bungie.net my IB matches are showing up as Rumble, not Supremacy. This going on for anyone else? Possibly why IB wins aren't counting toward the record book?
The first 12 matches or so registered as rumble matches for me. Was confused for a bit until I realized that was happening. After those ones, they started to register as supremacy wins. Weird.

It´s an awesome raid - might even be my favorite one.

1. Vault of Glass
1. Wrath of the Machine

3. Kings Fall
4. Crotas End
Same order for me. 👌

WotM has the potential to overtake VoG as my favorite... If we don't get a remixed VoG in 2017 then it probably will.

mandiller

5 out of 6 people on my IB team just got the legendary IB shotgun at the end of the match. Not too shabby. You'd be pissed if you were that one guy left out though.

In about 5 matches I've gotten two legendary shotguns, the auto, warlock artefact and gloves. Very nice haul

Zakalwe

Banned
Looking for an IB train. Tried a few runs on my own, came up against pre-mades every time.

We only lost marginally each time though, but I'd still like to steam roll with some gaffers.

Jabronium

5 out of 6 people on my IB team just got the legendary IB shotgun at the end of the match. Not too shabby. You'd be pissed if you were that one guy left out though.

In about 5 matches I've gotten two legendary shotguns, the auto, warlock artefact and gloves. Very nice haul

I ran for two hours last night and only got arms and a titan mark, neither of which were upgrades. Mad about it, but I'll be back at it tonight. Are the shaders post match drops only?

LiK

the IB drops are constantly +1-2 LL higher than current LL. so this might be good to grind this week for infusion fodder. I want the helm too. Starting to find the Desolate Helm to be a liability. Easy headshot target. I need to only use it in PVE. Still need to reach Rank 5 anyway. Hoping for another IB train tonight.

Ambitious

The IB gear looks hideous. I really liked the look of the previous loot, but this DIY aesthetic is almost as bad as Crota's Fall: Monster Hunter.

Is that so? I only have the Warlock chest piece, which is basically a better looking version of the one from the record book. Haven't seen the other gear yet.

GlamFM

Banned
Is that so? I only have the Warlock chest piece, which is basically a better looking version of the one from the record book. Haven't seen the other gear yet.

He´s mostly talking about the guns I think.

The armor basically looks like the book armor minus the possibility to use ornaments.

Therefore Book > IB

IMO, of course.

Zakalwe

Banned
the IB drops are constantly +1-2 LL higher than current LL. so this might be good to grind this week for infusion fodder. I want the helm too. Starting to find the Desolate Helm to be a liability. Easy headshot target. I need to only use it in PVE. Still need to reach Rank 5 anyway. Hoping for another IB train tonight.

Yeh, I just got the helm and gauntlets in my first two games. Both were +2-3 LL up from my current gear. Very satisfying, especially after hard fought wins vs pre-mades. :3

As laggy/messy as the PvP in this game can be, this event is a lot of fun.

GlamFM

Banned
I do miss the buff you got from wearing IB class items, emblems and shaders.

i just thought it looked cool when everybody was wearing IB gear.

ocean

Banned
He´s mostly talking about the guns I think.

The armor basically looks like the book armor minus the possibility to use ornaments.

Therefore Book > IB

IMO, of course.

But Book boots don't have Second Wind, chests have wonky stuff like + Fusion ammo, Gauntlets don't have fast melee attacks, Helm doesn't have health regen on Orb pickup.

The Book armor set looks fantastic with those ornaments but the perks make it impossible to run with it in PvP.

Zakalwe

Banned
The best thing about PvP in Destiny? Going on an uber-streak while Shaxx loses his shit. It's hilarious!

And they really do need dedicated servers for D2. Every other game is an absolute shitshow.

GlamFM

Banned
But Book boots don't have Second Wind, chests have wonky stuff like + Fusion ammo, Gauntlets don't have fast melee attacks, Helm doesn't have health regen on Orb pickup.

The Book armor set looks fantastic with those ornaments but the perks make it impossible to run with it in PvP.

I play Destiny like a dress up sim.

As long as my armor gives me an extra rocket and looks cool I´m a happy guardian.

E92 M3

This is the best Iron Banner yet. Bungie is making it rain loot and everyone is having a ball.

Hope it never changes going forward.

This son of a bitch, I didn't even think this could happen.

For context, Here are my current light values:
373 Primary
373 Special
373 Heavy
372 Ghost
373 Helm
374 Arm
370 Chest
366 Boots

373 Class
372 Artifact

Clearly, I needed 1 of these two things to boost my light level up to 372, but I got robbed... twice...

noomi

That's awesome to hear. I just want to keep playing as a Titan haha. Going to burn the lock and hunter real quick today, then.

I got a sniper from rank 5. Also got a sniper from one of the bounty completions.

8i6Elz9.jpg

Hmm, it's the same model as the forge sniper then? Just different stats....

deadduck

And they really do need dedicated servers for D2.

Keep p2p for private matches and all pve, but dedicated servers for PvP PLS Bungie.

Sick of players from the Middle East dominating because of red and yellow bars.

Two trails cards at the weekend were lost due to bad connections.

GlamFM

Banned
I´ll give it a shot here:

I´ll be starting the Outbreak Prime quest tomorrow between 8 and 9 pm Germany time (whenever my daughter falls asleep)

He´s a Warlock, I´m a Titan.

So any Hunter who is in the same place is welcome to join.

I´ll repost this a couple of times throughout the day.

LiK

Yeh, I just got the helm and gauntlets in my first two games. Both were +2-3 LL up from my current gear. Very satisfying, especially after hard fought wins vs pre-mades. :3

As laggy/messy as the PvP in this game can be, this event is a lot of fun.

Yea, the fact that good loot drops whether you win or lose makes it an easy going experience. Of course, I still wanna win to get to Rank 5 before it ends. Wish they gave out more bounties to make ranking up easier.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody running an Iron Banner team with a spot open willing to carry me to Rank 5? I'm so damn tired of even attempting this game mode alone... The drops are great but I just do not feel this game mode at all. :/

( PSN: TiemenMeijer )

Zakalwe

Banned
I´ll give it a shot here:

I´ll be starting the Outbreak Prime quest tomorrow between 8 and 9 pm Germany time (whenever my daughter falls asleep)

He´s a Warlock, I´m a Titan.

So any Hunter who is in the same place is welcome to join.

I´ll repost this a couple of times throughout the day.

Remember, you don't need only need the group composition for stage 2 and the engine code input parts. The other two quest steps you can complete by yourself (if you can't find a group to complete the entire thing).

If you need a hand with the raid step let me know!

Defuser

God, I'm fucking sick of shotguns. IB supremacy is nothing but shotgun shotgun and shotgun. It's been 3 fucking years, people are still crutching thier shotguns as a primary weapons and shotguns are still powerful despite being nerfed 6 times. Dammit Bungie.

Top Bottom