• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

LiK

No, the items definitely say what they are in the description text.

No, it says other things as well. My current blue one says "Face a Splicer onslaught led by a ruthless dreg enhanced with SIVA augmentations." Other blue one says "led by a Shank Runner" etc...

Sure? Could have sworn the description says what it is - no?

oh ok. didn't know the description actually explained what it would be.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Eugh.

I despise this Iron Banner.

Shotguns are oppressive
The maps are tiny
Erratic spawns
Occasional laggy games
People leaving as soon as we're losing
Score cap too high making the games run too long
Not properly breaking up unbalanced match-ups
Getting put into already ongoing ( lost ) games

The rewards are cool I guess.

The few games my team got close to winning, the enemy team just pops there supers and flips the score their way in the last ten seconds. This game mode is just so infuriatingly frustrating and it is killing my joy. Just let me get to Rank 5. Give me 50 Banner Rep per loss ( or 25! heck I'll take 10! ) or something...

Again, if anyone is running a team and willing to carry me to rank 5, please invite me ( PSN TiemenMeijer ).

Doberu

Spaaaaaaaaace, Phear and me want to do the raid later today around 21 CEST to get the SIVA Control Grid parts for the Outbreak Prime quest on PSN.
Anyone else wants to raid at that time in around 4 hours?

1. Spaaaaaaaaace
2. Phear
3. throwawayname
If you still have room I'd like to come. XxkatsuxX

This guy got shot in the butt

l0HlGFBWQSpg6lwv6.gif

If you still have room I'd like to come. XxkatsuxX

Sure. Need 2 more. Should be a quick and easy run :)

Spaaaaaaaaace, Phear and me want to do the raid later today around 21 CEST to get the SIVA Control Grid parts for the Outbreak Prime quest on PSN.

1. Spaaaaaaaaace
2. Phear
3. throwawayname
4. XxkatsuxX

Hzoltan69

1. Spaaaaaaaaace
2. Phear
3. throwawayname
4. XxkatsuxX

Count me in!

maxiell

1. Spaaaaaaaaace
2. Phear
3. throwawayname
4. XxkatsuxX

I'd love to join.

psn arya41

I was looking to see if the sheet was updated as well but it's not... just the base info unfortunately. All i can say is it kills in 2-3 trigger pulls consistently.

It didn't feel as consistent to me— felt like the potential was there, but missing a burst felt more punished than a shot with the semi-auto sidearms. The ammo burn also felt severe so that later in a life you wouldn't have it available to use when rushed.

Doctrine had targeted nerfs though, thats what i mean. The archetype was nerfed and the doctrine was nerfed on top of it.

Ah, found that in the April update— they specifically increased its range falloff compared to its siblings (unless that just means they dropped its base range to be inline with its siblings— its range is on par with everything else now).

Had a decent time in IB last night. I went from 377-379 and did a bunch of Shiro bounties before bed and got the Thorn quest.

I feel like being at 379 with a 373 Ghost is going to hold back my raid drops tonight. Everyone keeps saying your lowest Light Level item will always hold back your drops. I keep getting 379-380 gear and nothing above that, it is keeping me stagnant and I am getting tired of it.

Count me in!

I'd love to join.

psn arya41

1. Spaaaaaaaaace
2. Phear
3. throwawayname
4. XxkatsuxX
5. Hzoltan969
6. arya41

Full. I'll add you guys when it's time to go, my id is pnnn. See you then!

spyder_ur

Had a decent time in IB last night. I went from 377-379 and did a bunch of Shiro bounties before bed and got the Thorn quest.

I feel like being at 379 with a 373 Ghost is going to hold back my raid drops tonight. Everyone keeps saying your lowest Light Level item will always hold back your drops. I keep getting 379-380 gear and nothing above that, it is keeping me stagnant and I am getting tired of it.

It's only going to hold you back to the extent that if you had a higher ghost, your overall LL might be higher.

Honestly though, in my experience the raid is really not the best place to gain LLs.

I think each burst fires 6 bullets. You spawn with 36. 18 in the mag. So 6 bursts. Long burst i think shoots 12 bullets. Not sure. When things get hectic i'm always out of ammo.
Yeah, it could have been a great primary.
Burst is 3, long is 6.

In this iron banner with all the shotgun rushes, I end up using it as my primary, with my pulse effectively being my secondary.

jacobs34

If anyone plans on starting a raid in the next couple of hours and need a Titan send mee a FR. I'm MrJCJacobs on PS4, would love to get a raid in today before I have to head out.

vin-buc

It didn't feel as consistent to me— felt like the potential was there, but missing a burst felt more punished than a shot with the semi-auto sidearms. The ammo burn also felt severe so that later in a life you wouldn't have it available to use when rushed.

I got 2 of these in the past 2 days (hate getting dupe exotics). I've used this pretty hard. It's definitely 3 bursts for me. However if you can get a kill and reload - that next burst will almost guarantee (depending on aim/range) that you kill your next target in 2 bursts. After the reload it'll give you a very long burst before regulating itself. You need to aim for the neck/head.

I got 2 of these in the past 2 days (hate getting dupe exotics). I've used this pretty hard. It's definitely 3 bursts for me. However if you can get a kill and reload - that next burst will almost guarantee (depending on aim/range) that you kill your next target in 2 bursts. After the reload it'll give you a very long burst before regulating itself. You need to aim for the neck/head.

IIRC it's supposed to be a kill if you get all six bullets from two bursts or a super burst into their head. That's certainly faster than the other sidearms, but I'm not sure three bursts are faster than the 4-5 shots needed to kill with the others.

It's only going to hold you back to the extent that if you had a higher ghost, your overall LL might be higher.

Honestly though, in my experience the raid is really not the best place to gain LLs.

Completely agree. Raiding each week since release saw my hunter go from 365 to 370. This is with usual weekly activities and rank up packages with factions. Iron banner last night shot me to 375 from 370 in 3 hours. Some of that was down to getting a decent relic and ghost but it's ridiculous how quick I flew up the levels

vin-buc

IIRC it's supposed to be a kill if you get all six bullets from two bursts or a super burst into their head. That's certainly faster than the other sidearms, but I'm not sure three bursts are faster than the 4-5 shots needed to kill with the others.

I agree. I think there was overhype behind it pre-ROI - the youtubers were definitely singing its potential as the PVP go-to. It has it's time depending on how you decide to play a match. All said - it's fun to use but I do switch back and forth to my Matador/Longbow.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
How are people liking the IB auto rifle? I was doing pretty well with it last night. Not sure how good my roll is, but persistence seems to help a lot.

ysj5qGZ.png

Did they nerf the mag size already, or is that just the roll? Yesterday, I got a 57 mag one.

SpecX

Doctrine has been nerfed like 3 times recently. The mag on the doctrine is pathetic now, so the answer to your question is yes.

This is what I hate about Bungie. Get the weapon right out the gate or make 1 adjustment. They take a great weapon and once everyone flocks to it, they destroy it to the point nobody bothers anymore. I get not having everyone use a single weapon, but damn come on with that shit.

Strider

13 IB games with no LL boost.
cry.gif

The loot rains but since it's not actually guaranteed to raise my LL I'm not really finding it worth doing considering if I so much as sniff a crest I get sniped by a shotty. Plus like half of my games were joining late onto a losing team. Think I've won 2 games total in IB so far...
grave.gif

Siva strikes are gonna be the way to go for me I think...

Zakalwe

Banned
This is what I hate about Bungie. Get the weapon right out the gate or make 1 adjustment. They take a great weapon and once everyone flocks to it, they destroy it to the point nobody bothers anymore. I get not having everyone use a single weapon, but damn come on with that shit.

It's either that or power creep.

Saying that, there are tonnes of weapons languishing that could use boosts, and they tend to be very heavy handed with the nerfs. No need to cast a weapon out entirely, just turn it down it from boiling to simmering.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I decided to spend some money to get some of those ornament packages. I got the same one 5 times in a row. 5 times. You win, Bungie. Well played.

TheFlow

Banned
13 IB games with no LL boost.
cry.gif

The loot rains but since it's not actually guaranteed to raise my LL I'm not really finding it worth doing considering if I so much as sniff a crest I get sniped by a shotty. Plus like half of my games were joining late onto a losing team. Think I've won 2 games total in IB so far...
grave.gif

Siva strikes are gonna be the way to go for me I think...
I went up a shit ton through IB that strikes would be pointless for me. I am 364 but all my gear is easily 365 if not above.

The 359 ghost I have is literally holding me back a level

So I know that RoI just came out. And I have yet to beat the raid. I get to
the second phase of the last boss
. Yes, hardmode and challenge mode are not out yet. But I'm starting to get curious about what year three will be like for Destiny, should this be the last expansion before Destiny "2". Hopefully the Live Team is working on some events to keep users involved. *Cough* SRL *cough*.

Does anyone know how to get the Void sub-class for a Hunter? I just created a hunter and leveled him up to 365 already from infusion and random hunter gear I had in the vault. I can't seem to locate it anywhere.

BeeNee101

Neo Member
The RoI armour pieces that accept ornaments - is there anyway to re-roll them or get them to drop from any other activities other than completing steps in the book?

Managed to hit 380 getting my Hunter and Warlock to rank 5 in IB. My packages have been pretty disappointing. Literally pulled 2 side arms back to back just now. I reckon I might be able to hit 381 by the time I get my Titan done provided the drops keep coming.

I was around 372-ish even the event began

Top Bottom