• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Deku Tree

I got the IB sidearm last night as a drop and it looks lame. Perks seem alright but who actually likes using a sidearm in PVP?

Holzmann cleans up in Trials with NLB + sidearm. God tier player. He is a beast. He streams on twitch and I think he still. works for planet destiny.

Ramirez

These are some of the most lopsided matches I've ever played in IB. I'm talking regularly being down 50 crests or so. And the losing wouldn't be so bad if the matches weren't so damn long.

I knew the score limit was too much after one match, how can it be tested for months and they arrive at 150 as a good score? The Crucible team is so mindblowingly incompetent when it comes to scoring in this game.

PuMa

I got the IB sidearm last night as a drop and it looks lame. Perks seem alright but who actually likes using a sidearm in PVP?

Ah man, I love the sidearms. Haven't gotten to try the new IB one though.

I recently got the Trespasser exotic sidearm. How is it in PvP? I usually feel pressured into running with a shotgun in Crucible since shotgun bros are everywhere. Only thing is, is my highest light Heavy is a Truth, which seems like the best Heavy option to roll with in PvP unless I'm out of the loop.

I really want this gun. It decimates me in crucible.

X-Frame

Which perks should I use on the new IB Pulse Rifle (Grasp archetype):

Perk 1: Smallbore or Braced Frame
Perk 2: High Caliber Rounds or Snapshot
Perk 3: Hidden Hand or Secret Round

I'm assuming Hidden Hand over Secret Round but is HCR good on this archetype over Snapshot?

Braced Frame takes away more ammo but Smallbore adds Range which is important on Pulse Rifles.

I recently got the Trespasser exotic sidearm. How is it in PvP? I usually feel pressured into running with a shotgun in Crucible since shotgun bros are everywhere. Only thing is, is my highest light Heavy is a Truth, which seems like the best Heavy option to roll with in PvP unless I'm out of the loop.

I really want this gun. It decimates me in crucible.

The Trespasser allows to to laugh at shotgun users 90% of the time. (that 10% i dont see them coming)

It will drop a player so damn fast if you have good aim... and it's laser accurate with decent range. If you're good at aiming on the move in medium to close quarters it f'n slays shotgun/fusion users.

BLCKATK

Holzmann cleans up in Trials with NLB + sidearm. God tier player. He is a beast. He streams on twitch and I think he still. works for planet destiny.

Holtzman just left Planet Destiny with that whole crew that he podcasts with. He still wrecks in PvP, his Treapasser plays are some of the best in the game. His weapon reviews are still top notch as well.

PuMa

The Trespasser allows to to laugh at shotgun users 90% of the time. (that 10% i dont see them coming)

It will drop a player so damn fast if you have good aim... and it's laser accurate with decent range. If you're good at aiming on the move in medium to close quarters it f'n slays shotgun/fusion users.

Stahp. I needs it.

spyder_ur

are you playing alone?

Supremacy is not a game mode you should be playing alone. It would get super frustrating.

Played a few matches alone, then a few more with a group after raiding. Not my first IB rodeo. The gametype just leads to blowouts though through orb generation and having to secure the crest.

Definitely gonna try the Trespasser tonight though.

PuMa

How are people liking the IB auto rifle? I was doing pretty well with it last night. Not sure how good my roll is, but persistence seems to help a lot.

ysj5qGZ.png

void666

Banned

It's fun as hell. My favorite exotic right now for pvp. When the long burst perk procs it melts people.
But it chews through ammo pretty fast. And like i said before nothing beats shotguns 0s ttk.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Must have watched brotherhood of the wolf and advent children. Must hate shotguns except in doom, re, and fear. Must have eaten chocolate within 24 hours.

Stahp. I needs it.

Sorry... You'll score one eventually! It dropped for me via a crucible exotic engram. It's seriously the best new exotic and most of the reason I want to infuse my Outbreak Prime into a legendary to use the Treaspasser with something 390 light.

Zakalwe

Banned
How are people liking the IB auto rifle? I was doing pretty well with it last night. Not sure how good my roll is, but persistence seems to help a lot.

ysj5qGZ.png

If you get stability bonuses it's really, really good. Mine has Full Stability, reload, and RoF. It tears through guardians.

Some of that attributed to teams popping off Supers at different times.

Successful roaming supers can really shift the point balance. Heavy doesn't seem to have much effect- it's just a clusterfuck of lost crests after the rockets have exploded. If you can survive with your LMG or sword you can go on a tear.

Seems worth it to me to have an anti-fun person on the team to actively intercept the other team's roaming supers.

Once I've completed all the bounties on my warlock, I'm thinking of running voidwalker and trying to get better at super-sniping.

I do, I do, pick me.

I think I'm in the minority but I prefer my Havoc Pigeon to the Trespasser. Will give it another shot eventually.

It's fun as hell. My favorite exotic right now for pvp. When the long burst perk procs it melts people.
But it chews through ammo pretty fast. And like i said before nothing beats shotguns 0s ttk.

It does absolutely go through ammo. I REALLY wish it was a sidearm in the primary position! I think it honestly should be. Let me run the Treaspasser and a sniper and LMG please! :)

MechDX

Didnt even realize after playing Iron Banner (I usually avoid IB) for two hours last night I hit rank 3 with my Titan. Got a full set of armor, shader, artifact, auto rifle, fusion rifle, shotgun and sidearm. All IB items.

Amazing

The auto rifle has counter balance and perfect balance as perks. Should use both?

keakster

My IB wins yesterday were counted in the record book; I know because I've checked.

The first 12 matches or so registered as rumble matches for me. Was confused for a bit until I realized that was happening. After those ones, they started to register as supremacy wins. Weird.

Hopefully mine gets sorted tonight. Tried leaving and re-enter ring matchmaking but all games from yesterday came up as Rumble and none of my wins counted in the record book

I think I'm in the minority but I prefer my Havoc Pigeon to the Trespasser. Will give it another shot eventually.

The Havoc Pigeon and Wormwood are the two best sidearms behind the Trespasser IMO. Try them out back to back. The Trespasser has a much quicker TTK, much better range, reload, stability etc. It's better in every single stat i believe when using the right perks.

The Havoc Pigeon and Wormwood are the two best sidearms behind the Trespasser IMO. Try them out back to back. The Trespasser has a much quicker TTK, much better range, reload, stability etc. It's better in every single stat i believe when using the right perks.

What are the right perks? I'm gonna try rolling with it tonight and want to make sure I'm not wasting my time.

JHall

God, I'm fucking sick of shotguns. IB supremacy is nothing but shotgun shotgun and shotgun. It's been 3 fucking years, people are still crutching thier shotguns as a primary weapons and shotguns are still powerful despite being nerfed 6 times. Dammit Bungie.

That's what happens when Bungie nerfs every primary into existence. HoW was the golden age of PvP. Every weapon was powerful with the exception of autos.

FFMafia

Do I need to wait until last day to turn in weekly bounties for IB or whenever I feel like it? I turned one in already like an idiot assuming that was one of the changes they made.

What is up with Archon's Forge? I need Vandal kills, my offering says Vandal, I use it, it summons some Shank, I kill it, it doesn't count.

void666

Banned
It does absolutely go through ammo. I REALLY wish it was a sidearm in the primary position! I think it honestly should be. Let me run the Treaspasser and a sniper and LMG please! :)

I think each burst fires 6 bullets. You spawn with 36. 18 in the mag. So 6 bursts. Long burst i think shoots 12 bullets. Not sure. When things get hectic i'm always out of ammo.
Yeah, it could have been a great primary.

Doctrine has been nerfed like 3 times recently. The mag on the doctrine is pathetic now, so the answer to your question is yes.

The IB AR is the same archetype as Doctrine so they are both affected by those nerfs.

It's better in every single stat i believe when using the right perks.

Really? I was finding it harder to get kills at the range I was used to on Havoc Pigeon, as well as the time between bursts being worse than the time between shots. I only played with it for a few games when I got it after the patch that introduced it.

What is the TTK? Mercules hasn't updated his spreadsheet with all of the new sidearms yet.

What are the right perks? I'm gonna try rolling with it tonight and want to make sure I'm not wasting my time.

There is really only the choice between handloaded, reinforced barrel and quickdraw... well and the 3 sights.

I use the SureShot IS for best target acquisition and reinforced barrel for that range. I mean just look at these numbers!!! lol Thing is a beast!

kLE6u9k.png

What is the TTK? Mercules hasn't updated his spreadsheet with all of the new sidearms yet.

I was looking to see if the sheet was updated as well but it's not... just the base info unfortunately. All i can say is it kills in 2-3 trigger pulls consistently. Faster than I kill with the Havoc that's for sure. But it really is aim dependent. If you're not very accurate with upper-chest and head consistency it might end up being similar TTKs.

it's random. your offering only says Fused, Enhanced or Perfected which is the difficulty.

No, it says other things as well. My current blue one says "Face a Splicer onslaught led by a ruthless dreg enhanced with SIVA augmentations." Other blue one says "led by a Shank Runner" etc...

stay gold

That's what happens when Bungie nerfs every primary into existence. HoW was the golden age of PvP. Every weapon was powerful with the exception of autos.

Well said. Everyone's bitching about shotguns but they are not the problem. All these nerfed primary weapons simply can't keep up with the mobility options we've mastered over the last 2 years.

You just know Bungie's going to see all the shotgun complaints and nerf them for the 25th time. It won't change anything, people crutch on sticky nades more than their primary weapon these days.

Spaaaaaaaaace, Phear and me want to do the raid later today around 21 CEST to get the SIVA Control Grid parts for the Outbreak Prime quest on PSN.
Anyone else wants to raid at that time in around 4 hours?

1. Spaaaaaaaaace
2. Phear
3. throwawayname

Successful roaming supers can really shift the point balance. Heavy doesn't seem to have much effect- it's just a clusterfuck of lost crests after the rockets have exploded. If you can survive with your LMG or sword you can go on a tear.

Seems worth it to me to have an anti-fun person on the team to actively intercept the other team's roaming supers.

Once I've completed all the bounties on my warlock, I'm thinking of running voidwalker and trying to get better at super-sniping.
Indeed. A good Stormcaller or Hammers running through has amazing effect. I smile at your "anti-fun person" because I consider it a win for my team when I get an opponent to waste their super on just me.

I do need to try Sword at some point on the Heavy. I have had pretty good luck with RL as I usually stay back within a group and fire between teammates as they are charging in somewhere. So they either clean up the crests or finish off the stragglers. But it is just two shots and empty. It does seem that a well used Sword can net you more...

Do I need to wait until last day to turn in weekly bounties for IB or whenever I feel like it? I turned one in already like an idiot assuming that was one of the changes they made.
The only reason to wait would be if you expect to be a higher light level later this week.

Top Bottom