• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

JJShadow

I was planning about gathering a group for raiding today but it seems like it's gonna be IB day instead, raid can wait till the weekend

Which Faction package has the highest Ghost drop-chance?

Armor, chroma or weapon?

I've obtained high-level ghosts from weapon packages, not sure about armor or chroma

Bradach

IB shottie is absolutely horrible for PVP. it's good for PVE tho which is amusing.

Yeah, I was blasting shielded captains in the raid with ease with it. with 6 rounds in the mag it can dish out a lot of damage quickly.

also I love the look if it. A bit of rusty pipe tied with strings

Spent way too much time at that boss with the Ogre eye cannon. Those two Hunters were 379 and 380 kept dying to him. I almost quit that strike.

it was awful on arc burn because nobody knew how to manage the shanks. at least on void burn you just have to avoid the boss.

LiK

Yeah, I was blasting shielded captains in the raid with ease with it. with 6 rounds in the mag it can dish out a lot of damage quickly.

also I love the look if it. A bit of rusty pipe tied with strings

Yea, reminds me of good ol' Found Verdict. Was destroying dudes with it in Heroic Strikes. Will def keep for PVE. Got a second one with a pretty bad roll and infused it. Guess I'll keep playing IB this week for the drops. Doesn't even matter if we lose so it feels pretty casual, lol

it was awful on arc burn because nobody knew how to manage the shanks. at least on void burn you just have to avoid the boss.

Heroic Strikes are a chore. Might just farm 320 again for keys. Had better luck there.

Just bought the soundtrack for the expansion and I'm thoroughly disappointed. Marty's absence is already starting to show through the lack of memorable motifs. The best track is arguably the Sepiks Redux, which is just a sloppily orchestrated cover of the original with electric guitars thrown over top. it's hard to fuck that up. The title theme for the expansion itself seen throughout the soundtrack has some weight and is well written despite being safe and generic; it's comparable to a free to play medieval MMO's title track. I guess I could say the only other stand out themes are Elegy and the very beginning of Young Wolf as it loops beautifully in the Temple, but then the track itself goes off the rails into an obnoxious march, which seems to be a pitfall about 70% of the rest of the soundtrack falls into after it introduces a promising melody. In the context of the game, they work as "cinematic background noise" for action sequences, but one of Marty's staples was blending that necessity with melodies that were still recognizable. All I hear is a mish mash of percussion and string riffs I'd expect from amateur composers who think tthat's all there is to cinematic action music. That's weird to me because Michael Salvatori should know the deal by now. I hear his signature style throughout, but he's clearly lacking the anchor that Marty was, and on its own the staying power of these cinematic themes don't reach movie levels, which I could at least say for Halo 5's soundtrack which also experienced this problem.

I'd honestly be worried for Destiny 2's soundtrack at this point if there's a chance the original motifs are going to be replaced. Very few themes added since Marty's departure stick out at this point. I'd have no reservations saying the majority of this expansion's score is noise.

edit: here's the soundtrack link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfrtX-foWUA

Compare anything here to the excellent arrangement and instrumental complexity seen in The Union. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkNBJsx3WLs

GlamFM

Banned
Don´t know why, but I´m killing it in this IB.

I´m usually really bad at PvP, but I´m consistently "carrying" my matchmade team.

RyGESr1.png

k96nLV7.png

IsFRCuF.png

E1mReoc.png

I don´t use a shotgun BTW. So you can do OK with just an AR.

GreyWind

The Dusty Iron engrams are such a scam! I bough 8 hoping to get HoW titan arms but nope got 3 of the same helmets and 5 chests. Ugh

Oh man, from 378 to 382 in just 2/3 hours of IB. Nice. (but still no ghost)

Now I'm really curious to know what I'll get at rank 5, 'cause I'm almost there.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well it turned out to be a good day for me

Took my Titan from 376 to 384.5
Warlock from 378 to 385.5
Hunter from 374 to 384.5

Completed all IB Weekly Bounties on each char and the quest

Came out with a good ton amount of loot

Even got my first 387 piece!

Don´t know why, but I´m killing it in this IB.

I´m usually really bad at PvP, but I´m consistently "carrying" my matchmade team.

RyGESr1.png

k96nLV7.png

IsFRCuF.png

E1mReoc.png

I don´t use a shotgun BTW. So you can do OK with just an AR.

I'm somewhat decent at pvp. Definitely a competent player but not very quick on hair trigger snipes and godtier clutch kills but this Iron Banner has awoken a sleeping beast lol. I've been 1st place every game save for 2 all of yesterday. I think our team lost maybe 5 or 6 games total, one of which was due to everyone getting kicked for "bird" errors. Since few people seem to actually play the objective it's kinda simple to stay on top just by running into the mix to grab the crests, but on top of that it's easy to just kill everything on your way as well lol. I catch people not paying attention constantly. To many Guardians trying to play long game in a hustle gametype.

IaIhJM7.jpg

TsuWave

what bungie did to the tripmine grenade is damn near criminal.

sticking somebody with it and just watching it bounce off them or roll awkwardly and explode and do no damage to them is so disheartening.

GlamFM

Banned
I'm somewhat decent at pvp. Definitely a competent player but not very quick on hair trigger snipes and godtier clutch kills but this Iron Banner has awoken a sleeping beast lol. I've been 1st place every game save for 2 all of yesterday. I think our team lost maybe 5 or 6 games total, one of which was due to everyone getting kicked for "bird" errors. Since few people seem to actually play the objective it's kinda simple to stay on top just by running into the mix to grab the crests, but on top of that it's easy to just kill everything on your way as well lol. I catch people not paying attention constantly. To many Guardians trying to play long game in a hustle gametype.

IaIhJM7.jpg

Yep, having a great time.

+ Two IB matches = one entire raid in terms of loot - wonderful!

Yep, having a great time.

+ Two IB matches = one entire raid in terms of loot - wonderful!
Yesterday was the most fun I've had playing pvp since Destiny launched.

Yep- the loot rain is absolutely fantastic. We were going to raid yesterday but we were having such a good time in IB that we just kept rolling with it.

What are the defacto regular PvP weapons? I used to always main Autorifles and do well but now I'm usually next to last and losing a ton of my gunfights despite shooting the head.

What are the defacto regular PvP weapons? I used to always main Autorifles and do well but now I'm usually next to last and losing a ton of my gunfights despite shooting the head.

Something lethal in closer range might be what you need, if autorifles aren't working for you. Monte Carlo is decent but if I'm filling my primary with an exotic I'd rather take something like Zhalo or Suros. Packs more punch.

A shotgun or fusion rifle perhaps? Supremacy is basically a grudge match so taking a shotgun into the chaos will usually do you well.

I use the Raid AR and I´m doing great with it.
Love the raid auto in PvP. Headshot pinging like nobody's business.

Try a Suros maybe, keep in mind that LL matters in IB.

I've been doing better in IB than regular haha. Back in year 1, had 0 issues winning in Rumble but I can't even finish the bounty. I haven't taken too long off FPS games (played BO3 for a while), just feels like I'm losing gunfights I should be winning.

I'll try it though, thanks.

Something lethal in closer range might be what you need, if autorifles aren't working for you. Monte Carlo is decent but if I'm filling my primary with an exotic I'd rather take something like Zhalo or Suros. Packs more punch.

A shotgun or fusion rifle perhaps? Supremacy is basically a grudge match so taking a shotgun into the chaos will usually do you well.

I'm using a Matador and will try out the Suros. Not really a big fan of the slide/camp corner shotgun tactic, but it seems the most reliable and effective. I think I just really suck now and most people are handcannon gods.

I've been using Shadow Price in pvp and like it a lot. Dont remember what perks I have but it's pretty stable for an AR. I never play pvp though normally so I wouldnt really know whats good. I was killing people though and I'm terrible so it must be at least decent lol.

That's awesome to hear. I just want to keep playing as a Titan haha. Going to burn the lock and hunter real quick today, then.

I got a sniper from rank 5. Also got a sniper from one of the bounty completions.

8i6Elz9.jpg

I didn't know people got different stuff from rank 5. I got the Branded Lord Fusion Rifle.

kadab

Supremacy- First you fight with the opposing team to drop there crest, then you fight with your teammates to get the crest.

Anyone have any views on the IB hand cannon? I got one with hammer forged, snapshot and LITC.

It looks like an ill-will type gun with high impact but very low RoF. Probably won't suit me as I tend to miss my shots so each miss is expensive in terms of DPS!

Anyone have any views on the IB hand cannon? I got one with hammer forged, snapshot and LITC.

It looks like an ill-will type gun with high impact but very low RoF. Probably won't suit me as I tend to miss my shots so each miss is expensive in terms of DPS!

I didnt know there was an IB hand cannon. Was that from getting rank 5 in IB? I've never seen a handcannon or the scout rifle drop in a match. So maybe they dont randomly drop?

Nicodemic

Well it turned out to be a good day for me

Took my Titan from 376 to 384.5
Warlock from 378 to 385.5
Hunter from 374 to 384.5

Completed all IB Weekly Bounties on each char and the quest

Came out with a good ton amount of loot

Even got my first 387 piece!

Hey Grave! Beside Outbreak Prime, does anything goes beyond 387 right now?

Zakalwe

Banned
The IB gear looks hideous. I really liked the look of the previous loot, but this DIY aesthetic is almost as bad as Crota's Fall: Monster Hunter.

I didnt know there was an IB hand cannon. Was that from getting rank 5 in IB? I've never seen a handcannon or the scout rifle drop in a match. So maybe they dont randomly drop?

They do an IB version of each weapon type. I got it as a drop from turning in one of the bounties. The bounties must pull from all possible IB items I guess.

I don't have the tech to post up a link/pictures of it, sorry, but it looks pretty cool (I think all the IB stuff looks pretty cool)

From posts on here and games last night I've seen people get:-
Hand cannon
Scout
AR
Pulse

Fusion
Side arm
Shotgun
sniper

RL
MG

I was also lucky with drops and so I have 3 of the 4 armour pieces for a warlock...need the boots to drop!

keakster

On Bungie.net my IB matches are showing up as Rumble, not Supremacy. This going on for anyone else? Possibly why IB wins aren't counting toward the record book?

Bradach

The IB gear looks hideous. I really liked the look of the previous loot, but this DIY aesthetic is almost as bad as Crota's Fall: Monster Hunter.

I don't agree at all. I really like the look of it.

I hated the spikey dinosaur bones of kings fall and didn't think much of the crotas end weapons either but this IB stuff looks great.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yep - which is great.

I can use it for infusion without looking back.

;)

Looks like I'll be doing this, unless I get a truly great roll for pvp.

I don't agree at all. I really like the look of it.

I hated the spikey dinosaur bones of kings fall and didn't think much of the crotas end weapons either but this IB stuff looks great.

It looks completely out of place with every armour set in game, and makes no sense considering the level of tech the in game world has access to. Of course, this is a silly com[plaint really when we consider the Fantasy Sci-fi ridiculousness of Destiny, I just think it looks terrible and I wanted some new PvP gear so I'm salty.

Looks like I'll be doing this, unless I get a truly great roll for pvp.

It looks completely out of place with every armour set in game, and makes no sense considering the level of tech the in game world has access to. Of course, this is a silly com[plaint really when we consider the Fantasy Sci-fi ridiculousness of Destiny, I just think it looks terrible and I wanted some new PvP gear so I'm salty.

I totally don't understand why it looks the way it does, but as stand alone pieces I quite like the look. It's at least different from other sets, and I hate the bony Crota/Oryx stuff most of all.

Is it meant to be original iron lord equipment, from back before there were guardians and the organised last city? So they were scavenged parts and guns basically?

Top Bottom