• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

GlamFM

Banned
So I know that RoI just came out. And I have yet to beat the raid. I get to
the second phase of the last boss
. Yes, hardmode and challenge mode are not out yet. But I'm starting to get curious about what year three will be like for Destiny, should this be the last expansion before Destiny "2". Hopefully the Live Team is working on some events to keep users involved. *Cough* SRL *cough*.

SRL is already announced. I'd expect the live team to do this year what they were supposed to do last year:

Drip feed us with content until Destiny 2 comes out.

JJShadow

So is anyone interested in doing a quick raid run guys? Need to get the three kills for the OP quest, no need to do monitora but if someone need them we can do that as well. Experience and 365-370+LL preferred

1. JJShadow77
2. Strangelove77
3. Strangelove77 +1

We will be starting in an hour (18:30 BST) or as soon as we are six

jacobs34

So is anyone interested in doing a quick raid run guys? Need to get the three kills for the OP quest, no need to do monitors but if someone need them we can do that as well. Experience and 365-370+LL preferred

1. JJShadow77

I'll play. First time raid. I'll have to leave around 2:30 CST. MrJCJacobs on PS4

So is anyone interested in doing a quick raid run guys? Need to get the three kills for the OP quest, no need to do monitora but if someone need them we can do that as well. Experience and 365-370+LL preferred

1. JJShadow77
2. Strangelove77
3. Strangelove77 +1

I'm in.

Vic_Viper

Do any of the vendors sell crafting mats anymore? Cant seem to find one and I cant stand looking for Spirit Bloom. Dont mind finding any of the other mats, Venus seems to be the worst at having easy to find Spirit Blooms and chests.

Edit: NVM Vanguard quartermaster still sells them thankfully.

Zakalwe

Banned
Do any of the vendors sell crafting mats anymore? Cant seem to find one and I cant stand looking for Spirit Bloom. Dont mind finding any of the other mats, Venus seems to be the worst at having easy to find Spirit Blooms and chests.

Vanguard. Near Deadorbit/Shipwright in tower.

10 marks = 20 mats.

1. JJShadow77
2. Strangelove77
3. Strangelove77 +1

I'm in as long as it's a fun group without complainers. I'm not down to play with people that are just gonna trash talk if we wipe

SRL is already announced. I'd expect the live team to do this year what they were supposed to do last year:

Drip feed us with content until Destiny 2 comes out.

True. I hope they decide to bring Challenge Mode to VoG and Crota. Allow us to go back and get lvl 365 gear from the old raids. A pipe dream yes. But it would be pretty cool as a nod to what Destiny has been. Especially with the rumors going around about starting fresh for Destiny 2.

Trakan

Bungie's RNG continues to baffle me. It doesn't feel truly random. I've gotten 3 rocket launchers from IB bounties, 2 with the same exact roll/element. I got 3 pairs of IB boots for my hunter, and 2 Warlock helmets. Last night I got 3 raid rocket launchers, all the same LL and element.

Hoodbury

Which perks should I use on the new IB Pulse Rifle (Grasp archetype):

Perk 1: Smallbore or Braced Frame
Perk 2: High Caliber Rounds or Snapshot
Perk 3: Hidden Hand or Secret Round

I'm assuming Hidden Hand over Secret Round but is HCR good on this archetype over Snapshot?

Braced Frame takes away more ammo but Smallbore adds Range which is important on Pulse Rifles.

Are we raiding tonight?

Raven117

True. I hope they decide to bring Challenge Mode to VoG and Crota. Allow us to go back and get lvl 365 gear from the old raids. A pipe dream yes. But it would be pretty cool as a nod to what Destiny has been. Especially with the rumors going around about starting fresh for Destiny 2.

Agreed, I mean really, whats the harm? Especially if they do indeed reset us in Destiny 2 (though they better let me keep my Old Guard shader...b-stards).

If they have a release date finally set (Like say Sept/Oct. of next year), they why not in May just say...alright guardians...go nuts.

JJShadow

Nice! So we're full

1. JJShadow77
2. Strangelove77
3. Strangelove77 +1
4. MrJCJacobs
5. mocolos_usa
6. Obliterator

I'll be sending invites in 45 min or so. What's your PSN ID, Obliterator?

I'll play. First time raid. I'll have to leave around 2:30 CST. MrJCJacobs on PS4

No worries, if we can manage to do a smooth run we should have finished in 2 hours or so, or we'll make it to the final boss at least

I'm in as long as it's a fun group without complainers. I'm not down to play with people that are just gonna trash talk if we wipe

I'm sorry to hear that mate, to be honest I've never found a GAFer like that, all my runs with people from here have been incredibly fun and rewarding. Fun is first priority here

so last night in supremacy i got what would have been the Halo equivalent of a killpocalypse...

but this game is stingy on the multi kill window

chur

Joined a game mid match and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't damage anyone and the enemy couldn't see me.

LiK

man, all you guys raid when i'm at work. is there anyone who can raid during the evening EST? does any Americans here work at a normal 9-5 time?

LiK I thought you ain't coming back for RoI lol.

i never said that. i said i was on the fence.

Agreed, I mean really, whats the harm? Especially if they do indeed reset us in Destiny 2 (though they better let me keep my Old Guard shader...b-stards).

If they have a release date finally set (Like say Sept/Oct. of next year), they why not in May just say...alright guardians...go nuts.

I would even accept having the element types removed from the primary guns. I know, sacrilegious.

With regards to the reset. I'd honestly like to see how they do it. Like using something like being infected by the contact you had with SIVA or becoming Ascended in TTK that messes with your light lvl that resets it to zero.

Lee

The RoI armour pieces that accept ornaments - is there anyway to re-roll them or get them to drop from any other activities other than completing steps in the book?

You can get them again and again from the record book, which will reroll the stats (int/disc/str) but not the perks. They drop at lvl 3 though so you'll need to infuse up past 280 or something in order to see the stats.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not expecting new content of any kind, even LL increased raids seems unlikely. I'm expecting a repeat of last year. There's nothing left to sell in Destiny 1, it's all hands on deck for Destiny 2 now. I'd love to see something new but honestly, after last year I fully expect nothing. There's a lot of wishful thinking going on but unless it comes from Bungie (or the press sneak fuck) I kind of feel I learned my lesson last year.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Indeed last night. I shouldn't say bad group. 5 of us were great. 1 did nothing but complain at anyone who dared make a mistake. I won't play with people like that
Sorry to hear that man. I can't stand it either, stresses me the hell out during something that should be stress-relief for me :(
LiK I thought you ain't coming back for RoI lol.
the days of such talk are gone
OiRbt5o.png

I'm not expecting new content of any kind, even LL increased raids seems unlikely. I'm expecting a repeat of last year. There's nothing left to sell in Destiny 1, it's all hands on deck for Destiny 2 now. I'd love to see something new but honestly, after last year I fully expect nothing. There's a lot of wishful thinking going on but unless it comes from Bungie (or the press sneak fuck) I kind of feel I learned my lesson last year.

I completely understand that. I feel that way too. But I still want to know. Destiny, with all its flaws, has been a game I've been playing since launch. I think I took a month away from it in total. I just want to know what this year holds. Have Bungie tell me know so I can decide whether or not I will stick around or move on.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I completely understand that. I feel that way too. But I still want to know. Destiny, with all its flaws, has been a game I've been playing since launch. I think I took a month away from it in total. I just want to know what this year holds. Have Bungie tell me know so I can decide whether or not I will stick around or move on.
Move on when you're bored and come back if and when new content drops?

I don't mean to trivialize your request, but how would you actually change your plans in practice?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

That's exactly what they didn't do last year. They said nothing and then people (me included) ended up dissapointed when we got nothing. This time, as far as I'm concerned if they're saying nothing, it's because there's nothing coming to talk about.

/shrug

Raven117

Ill echo what Hawk said... I wouldn't expect a whole heck of a lot this year. SRL, maybe a few events. Hard Mode Raid (maybe challenge)...an artificial light increase to do it all again...and that will be it.

Which is fine. My time with Destiny 1 and this community has been some of my favorite moments I've had with a controller in my hand.

Time to see what's next!

Move on when you're bored and come back if and when new content drops?

I don't mean to trivialize your request, but how would you actually change your plans in practice?

Once I hit the lvl cap, after hard mode, that is the plan.

I would just like to know what's going to happen in the future of Destiny. I've enjoyed the game and want more of it. Just being impatient I guess.

Nice! So we're full

1. JJShadow77
2. Strangelove77
3. Strangelove77 +1
4. MrJCJacobs
5. mocolos_usa
6. Obliterator

I'll be sending invites in 45 min or so. What's your PSN ID, Obliterator?

No worries, if we can manage to do a smooth run we should have finished in 2 hours or so, or we'll make it to the final boss at least

I'm sorry to hear that mate, to be honest I've never found a GAFer like that, all my runs with people from here have been incredibly fun and rewarding. Fun is first priority here

PSN is Vincentgrey

Bungie's RNG continues to baffle me. It doesn't feel truly random. I've gotten 3 rocket launchers from IB bounties, 2 with the same exact roll/element. I got 3 pairs of IB boots for my hunter, and 2 Warlock helmets. Last night I got 3 raid rocket launchers, all the same LL and element.

I'm at 40 matches played and no boots. They're at least 4 LL lower than everything else except my artifact.

Edit: And just got the artifact...so just need some damn boots.

In about 8 or 9 hours I got two characters to rank 5. I think the second took under 3 hours. I guess that's about right if 6 for one, then with double exp since I have a rank 5 already

SpecX

Haven't done the raid yet and looking to do monitors first run as well. Anyone down with a 360 Titan?

I would recommend you try and get to 365. I did my first run as a Titan at 365 and even then I got tossed around a bit especially at the final boss. You'll be fine for most of the encounters and you should get better gear out of it too at the higher LL.

Iron banner brought me from 365ish on all my characters to 373 on all of them, bungie finally figured out how to do iron banner loot.

z4chc3na

I would recommend you try and get to 365. I did my first run as a Titan at 365 and even then I got tossed around a bit especially at the final boss. You'll be fine for most of the encounters and you should get better gear out of it too at the higher LL.
Grinding IB it is!

The first auto rifle that dropped for me in IB is kinda great. It had braced frame and counterbalance. I also have the scout, which has been nice. I didn't like the hand cannon, so I infused it. I hope one of my other characters gets the pulse rifle.

I'm at 40 matches played and no boots. They're at least 4 LL lower than everything else except my artifact.

Edit: And just got the artifact...so just need some damn boots.

You're not going to get boots as a post match reward. The boots drop from the bounties and quest rewards. The post-match loot table consists of whatever Lady Efrideet is selling, as well as ghosts, artifacts, shaders, emblems, sparrows and ships. I think there are some legacy class items, too.

Top Bottom