• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Tovarisc

The remixed Crota raid is really fun to do and reward you with guaranteed elemental exotic primaries if you do the challenges. Worths a shot.

I heard he is still nice and bugged too. Randomly getting up without warning, swatting living shit out sword carry while going down to knee etc.

Good times.

rataven

I heard he is still nice and bugged too. Randomly getting up without warning, swatting living shit out sword carry while going down to knee etc.

Good times.

Yuuuup, can confirm. It just wouldn't be a Crota raid without some good ole fashioned glitches.

Dez_

The only weird thing I encountered with Crota the other night was after downing him once, he gets up and sprinted off to the side of the map immediately, making it impossible to actually down him for another attack. It only seemed to happen when all of us left from the left side of the crystal, no problems exiting on the right for whatever reason.

Edit: ^ Can't say I'm a fan of that box art, but either way, I'll be going digital this time around to avoid swapping discs all the time.

Because I play Destiny for a single player experience.

If you really want to group up, you would find a group of like-minded players and do exactly that. Not wanting to do that but still wanting a group, for story missions, isn't about playing with others. It's about railroading already easy content.

So again, no reason to matchmake for story missions at all.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Question DGAF!

Haven't played since vanilla, like Lootcave level vanilla, own the retail collectors edition (incl exp1+2) and have one L27 char after beating the original game and doing a bunch of Crucible/VoG originally.

Would you guys recommend buying the collection for the L40 boost to get back into the game now, or all the bits separately, can't find out if there's an upgrade edition for retail vanilla owners or not (PS4).

DestinyGAF ANZ, I miss the good times and wanna get hyped for D2!! :)

Shiv47

Interesting that the trailer is continuing the comedic side of things, I wonder if that will carry over that heavily to the game. I presume so, with Cayde being a big deal again.

zewone

I'm not sure what Bungie's fascination of promoting helmetless Guardians, but I think it's a misfire. Generic white male face vs a cool helmet.

DDE_PS4_Pack_Art_ENG.jpg

LiK

I'm not sure what Bungie's fascination of promoting helmetless Guardians, but I think it's a misfire. Generic white male face vs a cool helmet.

DDE_PS4_Pack_Art_ENG.jpg

CoD tryhard covers. They did it right the first time. Why change it up with these helmetless dudebros?

They went with Cayde and humor because he's popular with the community. Last time around everything was centered on the Ghost and well, we see how that went.

Similarly to Age of Triumph's live-streams, the first (teaser) got me kinda hyped, but this trailer deflated the hype quite a bit. Even though it's Cayde in both, the tone seems different and I'm not a fan of the "loot" jokes.

Not my favourite trailer. Was hoping for some more gameplay than a continuation of the teaser. I'll wait to see gameplay before I decide on where I go. (PC or PS4).

Dez_

I don't know, I still like Cayde in there. It's really the only bit of humor and personality we really get at this point. I do love how they point out that the Cabal destroyed all of our stuff. Classic revenge story.

"They took my god roll Nirwen's Mercy... this time... it's personal...

..."

Dthomp

$250? For that? I really wanted to go collectors after missing the CE for the OG Destiny but fuck that noise. I couldn't care less about a messenger bag/backpack that I'll never use

Sure hope the Amazon CE preorder isn't already sold out.

EDIT: Ah the page answers that question for me.

A rare piece indeed!
Quantities are limited for the Destiny 2 Collector's Edition. Click the "Email Me" button above to receive updates on availability date.

Dez_

I hope these expansions offer more content than something like TDB, but at this point, I just don't want to have a year of just seasonal stuff again.

Mindlog

Waiting until at least E3 if I pre-order. PS4 GAF is a great community, but Scorpio. Wait and see is in effect.

Also the trailer told me nothing. This is still a Destiny 1 expansion until we see different.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm in for the game, but I ain't got time for collector's editions these days.

Hope all of you that want one can get one though.

In for the base game on PS4 + expansion pass.

Dthomp

I hope these expansions offer more content than something like TDB, but at this point, I just don't want to have a year of just seasonal stuff again.

Hard to know anything yet, too much blind faith right now. I gotta see something that's not CG before ponying up big bucks. Otherwise maybe I'll just get a digital regular edition, never really seen the point to pre order DLC season passes without knowing what it is

kiguel182

That trailer made me want to go back to Destiny. Never played Rise Of Iron so I'm probably buying that and diving in!

How's the state of the game right now?

GhaleonEB

I'm trying to pre-order the collector's edition at Gamestop (only option, FFS), and there's no in-store pick up option? Only shipping?

I don't buy from Gamestop often, is this normal?

LiK

I'm trying to pre-order the collector's edition at Gamestop (only option, FFS), and there's no in-store pick up option? Only shipping?

I don't buy from Gamestop often, is this normal?

They do this if they're not sure of quantities this early. Not unusual. They might have in-store pick-up later.

Top Bottom