• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

vctor182

The trailer was ok, I think it would've been better if they released the speeches in two smaller trailers separately. Cover really needs to go, I'm getting the limited edition hopefully it has a different cover.

EDIT: New page hype!

oTosdMM.gif

LiK

The trailer was ok, I think it would've been better if they released the speeches in two smaller trailers separately. Cover really needs to go, I'm getting the limited edition hopefully it has a different cover.

EDIT: New page hype!

oTosdMM.gif

damn, this gif brings back memories.

TyrantII

So, expansion 1 is searching for the disciples of Osiris to rebuild ranks, and second is mending the gulf between humanity and Rasputin.

Need to know when we will find my Queen Mara.

Oryx's sisters are still out there and they can't be happy about his final death. Earth is a bigger target than ever due to the sword logic they posses from that action.

So I missed the Collectors Editions?

FFS, they had to put them up while I was on a flight :/
The only difference between the LE and the CE is the bag if it's any consolation.

I was tempted but the UK price tag for the CE is over twice that of the LE so I choose not to make myself destitute.

The story is we're supposed to be taking it back. Just like what any country would do if invaded by an enemy. In fact, it's what the entire original game was about as well. Trying to take back our solar system.
I haven't seen that confirmed but it'd make more sense then outright abandoning a set piece.

I don't think the end of D1 signalled us re-taking the Solar System btw; (it's always been within the confines of whatever enemy occupant has dominant control) Mercury/Venus are basically Vex planets, Mars is Vex/Cabal controlled and the Moon is a hollowed out Hive dungeon. We know the 9 control most of what lies beyond the Ort Cloud (Reef) so what exactly does the Vanguard take back? They've messed up a few Vex, Hive installations and averted a few crisis by my count rather than any meaningful retaking of territory. I hope that changes in Destiny 2 though.

Acidote

Hmm, just opened the game after the Age of Triumph release. How the hell can I get from 352 to 380 ASAP so I can at least do the daily story?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I haven't seen that confirmed
"Humanity's last safe city has fallen to an overwhelming invasion force... To defeat the Red Legion and confront Ghaul, you must reunite humanity's scattered heroes, stand together, and fight back to reclaim our home."
Hmm, just opened the game after the Age of Triumph release. How the hell can I get from 352 to 380 ASAP so I can at least do the daily story?
Vendor gear is 380 now, and just about anything will get you to 390. Any legendary engrams can decrypt up to 390.

Do strikes, crucible, Archon's Forge, grab a pile of the "Three of Coins" items when Xur comes tomorrow

Make sure to equip any highler light pieces you get as you acquire them, as your current level is what determines your drops.

Lnkn52

Anyone know what the little patch was for ?

Please don't be for WOL on swords..

Destiny Hotfix - 3/30/17
1h - Destiny Dev Team
2.6.0.1 The one right after Age of Triumph.

PVP
Fixed an issue related to the networking physics of color-changing advertisements in the center staircase of Skyline and in subway cars on Last Exit
Added invisible physics and kill volumes to prevent players from leaving the intended playable space to gain an advantage on Bannerfall
Fixed an issue with Ammo options in Elimination Private Matches
Adjusted spawning on Last Exit and Floating Gardens to reduce dangerous spawns

Raids
Removed the requirements to complete normal mode of Raids before being able to access the hard mode reprisals

Vendors
Fixed an issue with Petra granting too many Class items through rank-up packages

General
Knuckles of Eao can now be moved into the Vault and transferred between characters

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone know what the little patch was for ?

Please don't be for WOL on swords..

2.6.0.1 The one right after Age of Triumph.

PVP
Fixed an issue related to the networking physics of color-changing advertisements in the center staircase of Skyline and in subway cars on Last Exit
Added invisible physics and kill volumes to prevent players from leaving the intended playable space to gain an advantage on Bannerfall
Fixed an issue with Ammo options in Elimination Private Matches
Adjusted spawning on Last Exit and Floating Gardens to reduce dangerous spawns

Raids
Removed the requirements to complete normal mode of Raids before being able to access the hard mode reprisals

Vendors
Fixed an issue with Petra granting too many Class items through rank-up packages

General
Knuckles of Eao can now be moved into the Vault and transferred between characters
Nothing of major note here I can see.

edit: yeah whatever lnkn, fight me

Acidote

"Humanity’s last safe city has fallen to an overwhelming invasion force... To defeat the Red Legion and confront Ghaul, you must reunite humanity’s scattered heroes, stand together, and fight back to reclaim our home."

Vendor gear is 380 now, and just about anything will get you to 390. Any legendary engrams can decrypt up to 390.

Do strikes, crucible, Archon's Forge, grab a pile of the "Three of Coins" items when Xur comes tomorrow

Make sure to equip any highler light pieces you get as you acquire them, as your current level is what determines your drops.

SO just like it has always been. The first part of your answer is what I was looking for, thanks!

By the way, who do I have to ask to add me to the Iron Lords wall? I have everything but the last expansion platinumed.

I haven't seen that confirmed but it'd make more sense then outright abandoning a set piece.

I don't think the end of D1 signalled us re-taking the Solar System btw; (it's always been within the confines of whatever enemy occupant has dominant control) Mercury/Venus are basically Vex planets, Mars is Vex/Cabal controlled and the Moon is a hollowed out Hive dungeon. We know the 9 control most of what lies beyond the Ort Cloud (Reef) so what exactly does the Vanguard take back? They've messed up a few Vex, Hive installations and averted a few crisis by my count rather than any meaningful retaking of territory. I hope that changes in Destiny 2 though.

It's a persistent world. You don't actually change anything in the status quo until new content comes out that says you do. Even then, due to the nature of a shared world and different players having different completion levels/rates, nothing you take is permanently held. It can't be. Otherwise huge swathes of the population never get to experience content.

Story-wise, Guardians have defeated every leader of the Hive, several factions of The Fallen, and whatever the Siva' leader thing is. We don't re-populate because we don't have the numbers to do so. We'll see how/if that changes with new engine stuff in D2 but don't expect to ever completely take back the solar system.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
SO just like it has always been. The first part of your answer is what I was looking for, thanks!
There is also this to glance at
RDTzfp6.jpg

It's a bit outdated in that just about everything will now actually get you higher than it specifies (i.e.: Archon's Forge weapons and armor go up to 400 now), but the principle is right

By the way, who do I have to ask to add me to the Iron Lords wall? I have everything but the last expansion platinumed.
The guardian lords thing right? Lnkn should be your man I believe...

hadar

Read someone on twitter yesterday saying it has something to do with using DIM or other inventory managers, anyone confirmed it yet?

Ryck

So how can I get more silver dust? I had like 60 Yesterday but then I realized you could get vanilla armor from the dust store and spent all of it.

Pew Pew! Still waiting for the collectors edition to show up in Aus.
Already 2/2 for CE's so I'm not going to break it now.

Any Crotas groups starting up?
PSN: Outlaw_Omega

TyrantII

Hmmm, PSN store make reference to a D2 LE and collectors edition. Digital?

In addition to the pass bundle and digital deluxe that are currently the only two bundles on the store.

Think we will see those at E3?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So how can I get more silver dust? I had like 60 Yesterday but then I realized you could get vanilla armor from the dust store and spent all of it.
Any (I think?) ornament dismantles into silver dust. It's also in Radiant Treasures, you can get one a week by doing... ummmm... some stuff. Maybe your first Weekly Heroic Strike and Crucible match? And one of the Prison of Elders?

void666

Banned
Destiny Gaf, hold me. Those threads on gaming side are toxic.

Anyway, pre-ordered already. Some of my friends did the same. Destiny 2 will be huge.

Dez_

Those Destiny hate threads brought enough attention to get me to try the game. There is definitely warranted criticism, but man I totally got sucked into this game like I never thought I would. So yeah, I guess those threads were good for something.

Ryck

Damn it dust isn't easy to get. I'm addicted to gambling for vanilla armor.

If I could just buy dust for money I would. X_X

Born2Live

Destiny Gaf, hold me. Those threads on gaming side are toxic.

Anyway, pre-ordered already. Some of my friends did the same. Destiny 2 will be huge.

Destiny threads in the gaming side give me a headache if I read more then a few pages. So much misinformation from people who have 'played' Destiny.

UMGAWA

Anyone pre-order the digital editions? How does the beta code work? I mean does it get sent via email or are you automatically in once the beta is available?

This "2" is the same as the one in the concept art leak from before

Official
destiny_2_art_3997.0.jpg

Leaked Concept Art
3107770-destiny29-2.png

Which probably means the leak of 3 of the sub classes was real too

Spear Hunter
Destiny2_5F00_2.jpg

Shield Titan
Destiny2_5F00_3.jpg

Sword Warlock
Destiny2_5F00_4.jpg

void666

Banned
The cayde-deadpool thing is insulfferable. Deadpool was the first snarky character ever created. And before this trailer destiny was super serious and devoid of any humour.

Top Bottom