• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
even if not, I might have to double dip. I'd rather live that PC life, but the lure of PS4 exclusives and all of the people on PS4 that I don't want to leave behind is very strong.
this is where I am

i imagine activision and Disney will possess most of the money in the world by 2020

Destiny 2, I am ready for you.
Preordered for PS4, I can't wait for it to come to my door.
May 18, gameplay to be seen.
September 8, masterbate.

LETS FUCKING GO

Nothing but hype

Nap3boF.png

kiguel182

Caved in and bought Rise of Iron.

This Vanguard Elite strike stuff seems cool as someone who loves strikes. I like the game catering to other playstyles that aren't just raiding. Just need that Nightfall matchmaking now!

Now it's time to clear the story and make these numbers go up! Hopefully I'll find people to clear the raid once time comes and after that there's still the new event.

Man, I almost forgot how much I loved Destiny.

Edit: Also, I really wished I had bought Destiny digital! Won't make that mistake this time.

Caved in and bought Rise of Iron.

This Vanguard Elite strike stuff seems cool as someone who loves strikes. I like the game catering to other playstyles that aren't just raiding. Just need that Nightfall matchmaking now!

Now it's time to clear the story and make these numbers go up! Hopefully I'll find people to clear the raid once time comes and after that there's still the new event.

Man, I almost forgot how much I loved Destiny.

Edit: Also, I really wished I had bought Destiny digital! Won't make that mistake this time.

I've always loved running strikes as well but when they added weekly difficulty modifiers to the Heroic Strike playlists it made it so much more fun and engaging. I actually wish there was a dedicated strike playlists that randomly selected difficulty modifiers before every strike (you'd need like a two minute max timer to be able to adjust/gear up before the strike started but one in which the the players could move along if everyone was ready to go).

Yes, digital is the only way to go for a game that you will probably spend a ton of time in.

Kemal86

Huh. I haven't seen any Ghosts in any D2 media. Missing from the trailers/box art/etc. You'd think at least one of the Guardians around Cayde or whoever would have a Ghost out.

Also, the city looks super small in the CG that's been shown. From the Destiny 1 Tower, it looks like it goes on forever - like theres a vast distance from the tower to the city center where the Traveler is hovering above. It looks much smaller, just a single circular ring, in the CG media released so far.

Huh. I haven't seen any Ghosts in any D2 media. Missing from the trailers/box art/etc. You'd think at least one of the Guardians around Cayde or whoever would have a Ghost out.

Also, the city looks super small in the CG that's been shown. From the Destiny 1 Tower, it looks like it goes on forever - like theres a vast distance from the tower to the city center where the Traveler is hovering above. It looks much smaller, just a single circular ring, in the CG media released so far.
I noticed a lack of ghosts as well 🤔

I noticed a lack of ghosts as well 🤔

That's the nature of Ghosts though...

:p

...you're all that's left.
Despite the sacrifice of many great Guardians, we lost everything.

Those quotes are from the trailer and imply that many Guardians died when the Cabal attacked the Tower. We know from the first game that Guardians can be resurrected without issue, thanks to their Ghost, so how did so many die?

In the trailer we can see that the Traveler isn't looking too hot. If the Traveler is being attacked (or corrupted) it could have the side effect of destroying or disabling the Ghosts, which are pieces of the Traveler. Maybe it's not strong enough to protect itself and the Guardians?

We can also see that Ikora uses her Thunderstrike ability while fighting The Cabal during their attack on the Tower, so I would assume that the attack on the Traveler came shortly after that point. I say this because the abilities that we know from the first game came directly from the Traveler.

You will venture to mysterious, unexplored worlds of our solar system to discover an arsenal of weapons and devastating new combat abilities.

That's from the synopsis. I would guess that devastating new combat abilities is another way of saying new sub-classes.

Obviously, this is all speculation, but it's what I can surmise from the trailer and other information that we know about the game. It's kind of fun to speculate like that.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Guardians can die permanently if their ghosts are stripped from them and destroyed, or if they're too deep in Darkness that the Traveler's light doesn't reach.

The Cabal probably figured out a way to cut us off from the Light, and then a simple shot to the head will lead a Guardian to his or her final sleep.

Shit. Wasn't it Crota that loved to capture Guardians, kill their ghosts, fashion knives out of their metal, and then torture their former owners to death with 'em?

FiraB

Banned
Shit. Wasn't it Crota that loved to capture Guardians, kill their ghosts, fashion knives out of their metal, and then torture their former owners to death with 'em?

Shhh this has a T rating remember, you can't go around talking like that :p

bgbball31

Hey everyone, used to post in old threads a small amount and want to try to finish some things up before Destiny 2. Any chance I can get a invite to the Discord channel?

Dalek

Has anyone ever ordered a Ghost or similar merchandise for your office? I was thinking of getting a 3-D printed Ghost for my desk.

Beat Crota a second time. What a haul lol.

Titan helmet
Shader
Fang of Ir Yut (adept)
Ghost (wormspore)
Finished the Necrochasm quest

From Ir Yut I got Word of Crota (adept). Now have all of the elemental primaries from two runs. 🙃

Top Bottom