• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

hadar

I guess it just comes down to people loving to hate destiny. I bet even if D2 gets stellar reviews, we'll keep seeing all the driveby shitposting happen.

This "2" is the same as the one in the concept art leak from before

Official
destiny_2_art_3997.0.jpg

Leaked Concept Art
3107770-destiny29-2.png

Which probably means the leak of 3 of the sub classes was real too

Spear Hunter
Destiny2_5F00_2.jpg

Shield Titan
Destiny2_5F00_3.jpg

Sword Warlock
Destiny2_5F00_4.jpg

I wonder what they'll do differently to separate the sword warlock subclass from the sword stuff all classes can already do.

My Amazon Digital Deluxe pre-order is gone now? It's not even listed on the site anymore. When I click the link, it says the the game is unavailable.

The only thing I see for pre-order is the standard.

Lnkn52

I'm not. Just referencing a common critique i see on gaming side.
People act like the trailer is a change of tone. Destiny was never super serious.

Im guessing when you compare it to these prologue trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPg3jWn6Nn0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KfmM-tZS4o

and combine it with this trailer and you get today's trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4icKXFytWM

I personally though today trailer was okay but I liked the prologues more.

shermas

Just finished Crota challenge. I'd never run sword on Crota before, just the CoO mini guy.

First three guys all kind of messed up.. had no choice but to step up and grab the sword for the first time (other two guys in the party stopped talking completely after third sword). Jumped up on the right, called for rockets, waited two seconds (honestly, after firing 100's of ghorn and hunger rounds over the years, the timing seemed easy), swiped him a few times, quickly ran away, rinse and repeat... Challenge mode completed.

Bummed that I waited so long to try sword. Good group from LFG helped the cause, too.

UberLevi

Any of you guys making the move to PC once this comes out? I can't wait to see how it looks in-game on maximum settings. Destiny is already pretty gorgeous. Here's hoping my 1060 that I'll have by then performs well on high settings.

vid

DGAF, once again I come seeking some good advice.

I'm currently at 337 Light, and I'm trying to rapidly escalate myself to being Raid Ready for Crota. What's my best path to proceed right now? Should I just be grinding out strikes? If so, is there a particular playlist I should be hitting?

---
Edit: Looked back a page and answered my own question.

There is also this to glance at
RDTzfp6.jpg

It's a bit outdated in that just about everything will now actually get you higher than it specifies (i.e.: Archon's Forge weapons and armor go up to 400 now), but the principle is right

The guardian lords thing right? Lnkn should be your man I believe...

---

Any of you guys making the move to PC once this comes out? I can't wait to see how it looks in-game on maximum settings. Destiny is already pretty gorgeous. Here's hoping my 1060 that I'll have by then performs well on high settings.

Maybe. I'm hoping (but doubting) for the ability to share characters between PS4/PC... but even if not, I might have to double dip. I'd rather live that PC life, but the lure of PS4 exclusives and all of the people on PS4 that I don't want to leave behind is very strong.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Anyone up for some nightfaffs or challenge of the elders?
I've got two NFs and 3 CoEs to go this week.

PSN: Mejilan

I wouldn't be totally shocked if the PC version was locked at 30fps if consoles cannot reach 60fps. Hopefully during the gameplay reveal they will also talk about the technical stuff.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Quick question.

I have the disc version of Destiny: The Taken King, but not Rise of Iron. I would like to migrate complete to the digital version (and sell my disc if I can), but I can't buy neither The Taken King nor The Colleciton on PSN because I "already own" both.

If I buy Rise of Iron digitally, will I be able to start the game without the disc? I don't mind having to rebuy the base game, mind you. I just can't, according to PSN.

WeTeHa

Quick question.

I have the disc version of Destiny: The Taken King, but not Rise of Iron. I would like to migrate complete to the digital version (and sell my disc if I can), but I can't buy neither The Taken King nor The Colleciton on PSN because I "already own" both.

If I buy Rise of Iron digitally, will I be able to start the game without the disc? I don't mind having to rebuy the base game, mind you. I just can't, according to PSN.

I have TTK on disc and bought RoI digitally (the only way to buy it - there is no disc) and I still need my disc to start the game.

Top Bottom