• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Already ran the Crotas I need this week, but I need another for the Necrochasm quest.
Anyone has a blank spot and needs an experienced raider/sworderbearer to complete a team, please let me know.

Also, Discord details, please?

Finished Crota run with both Challenges completed and was rewarded with...

Necrochasm (Quest complete)
Abyss Defiant (Adept)
Word of Crota (Adept)
Unyielding Casque (it has the decrease melee cooldown on orb pick up but oh well, I still like the look of it)

...a nice tidy run and haul even if I didn't get the Fang. I have plenty of elemental primary options now with the above in combination with the ZHalo I have two Arc and one each of Solar and Void. That is until the space turtles come and destroy it all on September 8th.

Edit: I think something is bugged concerning the record book and the Deathsinger Challenge as when I picked up the sword I had 30 seconds to go (killed Swordbearer right outside the door he comes out of) and I went directly to Ir Yut as fast as possible yet it says I did it in a time of 2:00:00 flat. No way it took me 30 seconds to get there and finish her off with one blow.

Deku Tree

ICebreaker was god tier in PvE in year one because it hit like a truck and everyone wanted to hide and snipe because of NF kick to orbit and no revives in underleveled VoG HM and CE HM.

Now Icebreaker is just a PvP cheese weapon lol.

Bungie should have left it in year 1 right next to pocket infinity.

zewone

I can't wait until they throw his hatless butt in jail.

5aXCOze.jpg

GlamFM

Banned
Just beat Crota with all the challenges with a great GAF group.

Maaaaaan.... year 1 Destiny was FUN!

Feels good to have powerful primaries again.

Am I crazy or did the Necrochasm not have the special Cursebringer perk before?

In any case it is super fun to use especially in Arc Burn Strikes.

If you like the Firefly perk you have to love this as well.

If like the Firefly perk you have to love this as well.

I think it did but it was only on headshots and with that AR archetype, it's super hard to make sure that the killing bullet is a headshot.

rataven

If you like the Firefly perk you have to love this as well.

Apparently its fun in Crucible too. The Necrochasm lit my team up in Trials tonight. We were not expecting that lol.

Mejilan

Would love to know who the gatekeepers for the Discord are, and why they're ignoring all of my (and others') requests for info. :(
I'm a Guardian Lord on PS4, dammit. Doesn't that get me into Cayde's exclusive ramen bar?

Mejilan

Hopefully Xûr sells Ophidian Aspects before D2 hits.

And Transversive Steps! They're my Y3 white whale, like the Gjally was Y1 white whale.
"What, I don't need to buy it from Xur, surely I'll getit quickly after a few dozen 3oCs..."
BWAHAHAHAHA, I fell for it again. FML.

The Necrochasm was my other, other Y1 white whale. Solo'ed and two-manned Crota religiously until the Crux finally dropped a few weeks before Rise of Iron landed. FML x2.

dubq

I wanted to jump back into this and haven't played in quite a while, but aside from iron banner, PVP gear is balanced right? Are year 1 weapons and armor still a viable option?

Magik

Hmm, looks good but has less impact than Teacup but has High Caliber. Is HC worth more than impact on Sidearms? Both have Rangefinder.

The issue I believe with the Teacup archetype is that it's very hard to actually hit the maximum fire rate so you'll end up doing less dps overall.

I wanted to jump back into this and haven't played in quite a while, but aside from iron banner, PVP gear is balanced right? Are year 1 weapons and armor still a viable option?

Aside from IB and Trials, it's regulated, yeah. In theory Y1 weapons are still viable but there are different perks and stat distributions on newer gear that can be better or worse than Y1 stuff. So it really just depends.

And Transversive Steps! They're my Y3 white whale, like the Gjally was Y1 white whale.
"What, I don't need to buy it from Xur, surely I'll getit quickly after a few dozen 3oCs..."
BWAHAHAHAHA, I fell for it again. FML.

The Necrochasm was my other, other Y1 white whale. Solo'ed and two-manned Crota religiously until the Crux finally dropped a few weeks before Rise of Iron landed. FML x2.

You missed out. He sold those before. He's never sold OA.

It would have been nice if PoE and Skolas was brought up to current levels with a twist here and there. Would also like a elemental scout rifle of the Wolves Leash II archetype to return.

Mejilan

You missed out. He sold those before. He's never sold OA.

I know. Once I'm done with the latest content drop, I tend to ignore the game and Xur's visits. I'm still butthurt that I skipped out on buying them during that first RoI Xursday, since I figured there'd be no way I wouldn't get them quickly. There aren't THAT many items boot engrams can decrypt to.

Silly me.

EL CUCO

It would have been nice if PoE and Skolas was brought up to current levels with a twist here and there. Would also like a elemental scout rifle of the Wolves Leash II archetype to return.
I agree. I still hope they do but I know it's probably too late and too much work this close to D2. Skolas Arc burn (no cheese) is probably in my top 5 gaming accomplishments.

Just coming back to Destiny for the first time since doing the Taken King storyline, so I grabbed RoI.

I'm at 275 light, is there a guide for the best way to increase my light?

Just coming back to Destiny for the first time since doing the Taken King storyline, so I grabbed RoI.

I'm at 275 light, is there a guide for the best way to increase my light?

Play your favorite activities. The drop rates are super good now so it won't take long. Use Marks to buy vendor stuff to jump your LL quickly but otherwise just play whatever modes you like and you'll gear up in (comparitively) no time.

Play your favorite activities. The drop rates are super good now so it won't take long. Use Marks to buy vendor stuff to jump your LL quickly but otherwise just play whatever modes you like and you'll gear up in (comparitively) no time.

Awesome so legendary/faction marks the way to go, thanks.

Jabronium

I left after a couple WotM hard mode clears back in the fall (so my chars are low to mid 390's), but with nothing much to do I finally broke down and installed the update this morning. Figure I'll just start grinding out strikes and bounties tomorrow, maybe NF's if I feel lucky, then shoot for Crota on Sunday.

Top Bottom