• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

I got a husk from the first Ogre I killed in the Nightfall last night. Unfortunately I've already done the raid on that character this week. I might try and get another Husk on my last character before I take through the raid.

I got a husk from the first Ogre I killed in the Nightfall last night. Unfortunately I've already done the raid on that character this week. I might try and get another Husk on my last character before I take through the raid.

This may be a stupid question - but are they not transferable between characters like a normal weapon? I haven't tried so don't know either way.

Deku Tree

You can transfer the husk to a different character. I think the only thing that matters is which character picks up the quest from Eris. It doesn't matter who first picks up the Husk.

You can transfer the husk to a different character. I think the only thing that matters is which character picks up the quest from Eris. It doesn't matter who first picks up the Husk.

I've already upgraded the Husk and picked up the quest (I'm on the raid step so I'm probably out of luck there, it doesn't take long anyway.

Speaking of the Husk, I got one two nights ago in the Omnigul Strike and got another last night while using the Husk. That said, I need to kill Knights (shouldn't take long) and talk to whomever before meeting Crota but I'm guessing the Crota's End Challenge Modes won't be active next week considering Vault of Glass will be the weekly? Which means I'd have to wait another month for a chance at the elemental primaries (Fang, Abyss, and Word)?

Or do the Challenge Modes remain active even if the Raid isn't the weekly (but has been the weekly before)? This would seemingly make the Weekly Raid feature sorta pointless so I'm guessing the answer is no.

pre-ordered on ps4... but my body wants PC.

If there is a Hawkmoon 2.0 I fully expect to never have it...

While I don't have the time for six characters (you obviously aren't forced to create that many but still) I think I'll initially go with a plan of two on Xbox where I'll likely spend the most time and one on PC (got a pretty killer PC back in September 2016 and need to put it to use more). One of each class.

Dave_6

Preordered on PS4 this morning and it will still be my primary focus. IF the PC port is good, can't say I won't buy that version to at least try it out though.

Born2Live

So have people been using Knuckles of Eao to get extra Crota loot? I'm in two minds whether to use them now or save them for VOG next week.

Ty

Will the husks stop dropping for my character/account if I've completed the Necrochasm quest? I got another in the Omnigul room just prior to finishing it.

Lol I have the Husk but given up the idea on getting a Necrochasm, needs the raid and I haven't even beaten hard mode crota yet.

You don't need to have run it before.

I'm still holding out for hope that your account will work across all consoles. That way you can just take your character wherever. (It won't happen of course)

99% sure Bungie's server infrastructure for Destiny supports it. Assume it's a matter of contracts and corporate politics.

Challenge mode is only active when it's the featured raid.

Thanks, that's what I figured.

99% sure Bungie's server infrastructure for Destiny supports it. Assume it's a matter of contracts and corporate politics.

With Sony's Exclusive Content (Weapons/Gear specifically) this would probably create issues of the transferring of characters/just logging in to any system and continuing from where you left off so I doubt we'll ever see it. The only way around it would probably be to grey out the exclusive items and make them unequippable on Xbox/PC.

I guess there is a glimmer of hope for the Xbox/PC crowd that would be interested in such a feature considering the system is already in place with Play Anywhere and Bungie/Activision has yet to announce a PC platform(s)/launcher.

The only way around it would probably be to grey out the exclusive items and make them unequippable on Xbox/PC.

If you open your character on a console without the required DLC installed it has the red-background 'you must _____ to equip this', so the mechanism is already there. IIRC Fyrewulf has some PS-only content on an XBox character thanks to having both accounts on a Bungie.net profile— or at least had a screenshot of such from back in the day

So with D2 being on PC,how many of DGAF is switching over?

I played D1 on Xbox but now that I have a PS4, I'm gonna get D2 for PlayStation. It would be cool to play with gaf since most of are on PS4.

MechDX

I rarely raid but I got the husk last night and got it to its legendary state. I would like to get it to exotic. Anyone here planning a raid on Xbox One this evening?

I rarely raid but I got the husk last night and got it to its legendary state. I would like to get it to exotic. Anyone here planning a raid on Xbox One this evening?

Yeah, I might be unless I find a group at Deathsinger before then and complete the two Challenges.

I have to kill a bunch of Knights for the Husk before I look for a group though so I might run fresh this evening/tonight if you still need someone.

MechDX

Yeah, I might be unless I find a group at Deathsinger before then and complete the two Challenges.

I have to kill a bunch of Knights for the Husk before I look for a group though so I might run fresh this evening/tonight if you still need someone.

I didnt have to do that. Just a bunch of Thralls.

I never want to run "We've woken the hive" story mission ever again

I didnt have to do that. Just a bunch of Thralls.

I never want to run "We've woken the hive" story mission ever again
It's random between needing wizard, knight or thrall kills.

It took me 4 husks to get a thrall one. I farmed the ogre in Shrine of Oryx. Didn't take that long.

MechDX

It took me 4 husks to get a thrall one. I farmed the ogre in Shrine of Oryx. Didn't take that long.

Didnt know that. Thanks

What is your tag? Mine is DX

Can't tonight, but there were some people on Discord looking to run it.

Dreadnaught Patrol is your friend.

Ok how do I get into Discord?

Have you tried using the built-in LFG on Xbox? I haven't either but last night there were a ton of folks looking for players to do Crota fresh and otherwise.

Joining a Destiny Club and giving it a go might be a worthwhile option.

Edit: This thread doesn't move as fast as it used to.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware

The Y3 Husk of the Pit and Eidolon Ally have three different archetypes. One requires thrall kills, one requires knight kills, one requires wizard kills. Which you get seems to be random. But the resulting Eidolon Ally you get isn't. One procs some buffs with thrall kills (crowd control, IIRC?), which makes great for traversing the Abyss. One can penetrate knight shields. One can stun wizards. This is new, as the Y1 Eidolon Ally didn't work this way. I imagine they all lead to the same Y3 Necrochasm, so unless you plan on keeping the Eidolon Ally as-is, it's not terribly useful. (And personally, I don't think the Eidolon Ally, as a gun, is even worth keeping around, but YMMV). Not like farming additional husks is nearly as tough as it used to be.

Challenge mode is only active when it's the featured raid.

Are we sure about that? Thought they said there'd be one challenge live each week, on a rotating schedule, but that the weekly featured raid would be the only way to have all challenges enabled at once.

Kalamoj

Hi DestinyGAF
I'd love to join a Crota run today. Never done a raid before.
PSN: Kalamoj
I'll be up for the next 4 hours or so.

Kyoufu

I'd give the new update a shot but... I don't want to grind blue engrams to reach raid level and one look at the book of triumph thingy and I feel overwhelmed.

Top Bottom