• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

EL CUCO

I see Archons Forge is dead.

Also I don't understand why Bungie would matchmake AF the activity separate from AF the location.

A couple times I've walked in with people just outside and it puts me in a different...lonely instance :/

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Need to scan that anomaly near Archon Keep.

Problem is I got all the way down there and need a fucking key?

Where can I get one of those GAF?

Foxxsoxx

Also I don't understand why Bungie would matchmake AF the activity separate from AF the location.

A couple times I've walked in with people just outside and it puts me in a different...lonely instance :/

Yeah not having the option to matchmake into it wasn't the brightest choice.

It's cool that you can just enter it but there definitely needed to be a space on the directory map.

Need to scan that anomaly near Archon Keep.

Problem is I got all the way down there and need a fucking key?

Where can I get one of those GAF?

In the plaguelands? If so you get it from killing wizards in the area.

Deku Tree

It's not dead.

Just go in there and start one up. Every single time I do that people matchmake into my instance and then it just keeps going and going and going on

Can I join a CE group? I have never done that raid
psn: templarfreeman

Are there people who've never done or never finished the Crota raid?

I'm happy to take them through a newbie raid this weekend, maybe grab another sherpa DGAFer to help out if required.

If so, get a list going and we'll get it done.

Is there anything else I can do with Flawless Vigil Ornaments, like trade for Age of Triumphs ornaments?

Dismantle for silver dust.

If you have perfected ornaments from WoTM raid, you can trade the for AoT ornaments.

WeTeHa

Are there people who've never done or never finished the Crota raid?

I'm happy to take them through a newbie raid this weekend, maybe grab another sherpa DGAFer to help out if required.

Depending on the time of tge run i can help out.

Spent some time ghost hunting tonight. Some of these are soooo frustrating.

I think this one is the dumbest. My hunter can't even get close: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWrpOimxo08

I grabbed every single ghost on my hunter. I actually think it's much easier as you have a lot more control over hunter jumps than with warlock/titan. Use bones of eao (quadruple jump) and a sword for 3rd person.

Apologies for the request, but I've tried googling a bit on my phone and got nowhere.

Does anyone have a picture of the emblem you get for completing "raid insignia" in the book? This is the one you get for doing all 9 challenge modes.

Thanks!

Collecting all the Calcified Fragments is such a pain in my ass

Yeah i bet it is now, you only need 45 though. So you can get some from the raid or raid challenges and skip the smelly chest if you want.

There was more incentive at the time as getting a...Crap i cant even remember the name of the gun. Anyway the raid exotic was worth its weight in gold for kings fall.

Apologies for the request, but I've tried googling a bit on my phone and got nowhere.

Does anyone have a picture of the emblem you get for completing "raid insignia" in the book? This is the one you get for doing all 9 challenge modes.

Thanks!

There is no emblem for the Raid insignia milestone.

The raid emblem (Valor in Darkness) is obtained by completing all the 7 nodes in the Raids page of the book.

JohnDrake

I don't play Destiny since The Taken King (I didn't even played that expansion's raid). Is it worth coming back now or should I wait for Destiny 2?

Rafy

So I just bought the complete version of the game since it was on sale here in Europe and I am looking for some advice. I held out mainly because I thought it would be available for PC at some point but it never happened.

Now I am faced with a tough choice, since I have not followed the game at all, I don't know where to start. I'd like to play PvE mostly, so I am looking for the class best suited for that. I don't know if it matters with Destiny, I usually play DPS in other MMOs but I avoid glass cannon builds.

Any tips?

has bungie removed quests from the game? i played from launch and only got to lvl 29. i only really played the base game + first 2 expansions. i am replaying the game now and i am already at lvl 22 after 6 hours. my total play time on my old character is 41 hours and that is lvl 29.

also the last thing i did was kill omnigul in the strike and i got the weapon Murmur but apparently you used to get it earlier as part of The Wakening quest. i remember also having to buy the urn of sacrifice from Xur after that quest and before killing omnigul but now i have went from The Wakening > Will of Crota.

i haven't yet been able to start the House of Wolves quest. I have completed Nothing Left but the Fall, Against the Hive, and The Dark Below. Currently on Fruit of the Garden. So at what point does House of Wolves quests start?

Is it worth coming back now or should I wait for Destiny 2?

There is fun content to play; do you have friends that play or are amenable to looking for raiding groups on GAF/other sites?

Any tips?

They're all viable and bring different flavour to the gameplay. Re: glass cannons: Stat spread is adjustable per subclass once the perk nodes are unlocked and with the exception of hunters, everyone can hit max armour (health). Despite visually being so, the in-game stat bars do not go from zero to max, but instead are 90% to 100%.

For PvE, the classes offer a variety of good options and each supports the team effort in different ways depending on the subclass chosen.

You only get to use one subclass for a while, so:
Titans: rocket around punching shit. Highest straight line mobility.
Warlocks: vampiric purple space magic. Double jump is best described as counter-intuitive and floofy.
Hunters: young Clint Eastwood drank some gummi-bear juice and your gun is sometimes literally on fire.

You also get three character slots, so you can try all three.

has bungie removed quests from the game?

Some quests lines have changed or been removed. Story missions (I think what you mean) are all still there, but were re-ordered and integrated with the original story missions. You should be able to start House of Wolves stuff on Venus if you have been to the reef.

With the TTK, levelling from above 20 became the same as below 20, and once you hit 40 changes completely-- in Destiny Y1 it took forever to go from 20-34.

Hedera

Really like what they did with the bridge encounter in the 390 version. The kill 2 ogres and you're done felt so bland.

Also, armor drops for me were not that great. None on my Titan, 2 on Warlock and 1 on Hunter. Awful perks and no helmets :( This has to mean I'll get everything from VoG, right? Right?

Crota armor is trash, just like Oryx armor.

Can't wait to get ass shards from VoG again ;)

Yeah, weapons from VoG are about the only thing I'm looking forward to regarding rewards from the rest of the Raids.

On another note, I saw you were like 95% done with the record book, how many nodes do you have left to complete?

Really like what they did with the bridge encounter in the 390 version. The kill 2 ogres and you're done felt so bland.

Also, armor drops for me were not that great. None on my Titan, 2 on Warlock and 1 on Hunter. Awful perks and no helmets :( This has to mean I'll get everything from VoG, right? Right?

lol what did they change? My group is there now and we waited for ogres for like ten mins.

EL CUCO

Suros has some nice range now. If I squint in an all green bar match, it almost feels like it did with year 1. It doesn't have as much head magnetism as before but its fun for some casul play.

Hedera

lol what did they change? My group is there now and we waited for ogres for like ten mins.
You didn't notice
the many swords that spawn in the center plate ;p The bridge is made whole after 5 people cross it, and 6 or 7 swords will spawn. Everyone picks one up and just go ham on ads. The encounter ends when you kill 5 or 6 gatekeepers that eventually spawn.

You didn't notice
the many swords that spawn in the center plate ;p The bridge is made whole after 5 people cross it, and 6 or 7 swords will spawn. Everyone picks one up and just go ham on ads. The encounter ends when you kill 5 or 6 gatekeepers that eventually spawn.

Oh that makes sense
we only ever got 4 across two guys we're holding us back. Can you not solo this encounter then?

Hedera

Oh that makes sense
we only ever got 4 across two guys we're holding us back. Can you not solo this encounter then?
I know the whole raid has been soloed so i guess it is possible. You can still use the sword to swing your way across. I'm assuming
all those swords spawn
when you get to the other side. Not sure.

Top Bottom