• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

kiguel182

Played the main story mission of Rise of Iron and that was really weak. The last mission was awesome but apart from that it was a whole lot of nothing.

I know it's just an intro to the expansion but it felt thrown together apart from the first and the last mission.

That said the visuals in the last mission in the SIVA were awesome. Really cool looking stuff and I'm curious for exploring more.

Now it's the road to 380!

bosseye

I'm a touch confused. Started the taken king story mission, did that quite cool back to the tower and everywhere is treating me like a brand new warlock, here's your first ship, here's a white level gun etc. Picked up another taken king mission though, so I assume it's all working as intended. Up to 269 light now. First RoI mission on earth is still beyond me apparently and the RoI strikes are locked until I have better gear, ha

DocSeuss

I'm a touch confused. Started the taken king story mission, did that quite cool back to the tower and everywhere is treating me like a brand new warlock, here's your first ship, here's a white level gun etc. Picked up another taken king mission though, so I assume it's all working as intended. Up to 269 light now. First RoI mission on earth is still beyond me apparently and the RoI strikes are locked until I have better gear, ha

When TTK came out, everyone got ALL the questlines in the game. You can abandon them or do them over.

It doesn't take too long to grind up. But try and do the missions in order if you can. The higher level you get. The less exp youll get upon completion on lower levw l missions . And you'll need that extra exp to level your sub class

NastyBook

Dead Orbit Rank 28 on my Warlock, but the Rank 25 AoT node hasn't unlocked. Anybody else have this issue?
LLShC.gif

EDIT: Nevermind. These things are unlocking slow as SHIT. Just popped up on my screen when I wasn't doing anything.

ocean

Banned
Just for the record:

The Speaker quest is some underwhelming stuff. After 5 Heroic Story missions, 3 Patrol bounties on each planet, 3 max level Forge or Court bosses, 3 Heroic strikes, a Nightfall, Challenge of Elders, 2 Weekly Crucible bounties (minimum of 14 games) and a Weekly 390 Raid you get:

A class item. With a shitty roll.

Wow.

Dead Orbit Rank 28 on my Warlock, but the Rank 25 AoT node hasn't unlocked. Anybody else have this issue?
LLShC.gif

EDIT: Nevermind. These things are unlocking slow as SHIT. Just popped up on my screen when I wasn't doing anything.

It's all kind of weird for that page. I had it literally change in front of my eyes. I have NM and FWC 25 on Hunter, DO and Cryptarch 25/50 on Titan. As I was looking at the book with my Hunter it unmarked NM and FWC and marked DO and Cryptarch. And now idk what to think. Either way I have 5/7 filled in with all 3 chars. Missing IB and barely missing Crucible.

Just for the record:

The Speaker quest is some underwhelming stuff. After 5 Heroic Story missions, 3 Patrol bounties on each planet, 3 max level Forge or Court bosses, 3 Heroic strikes, a Nightfall, Challenge of Elders, 2 Weekly Crucible bounties (minimum of 14 games) and a Weekly 390 Raid you get:

Wow.

And you have to do it 2 more times if you want the other two! YAY!

What's the current PvP crucible meta? What weapons are good what's bad. When I took a 4 month break it seemed to be pulse rifles were in, what's the new hotness. Hand cannons? Assault? Scout?

Because they want you to grind it again. It's even mentioned in the patch notes :p

The only reason I'm not pissed about that is because Mayhem IB is very likely. I only played PvP once since special ammo got nerfed into the ground and I don't enjoy it. So Mayhem is pretty much the only way I'm touching PvP at this point. FR all day.

WeTeHa

Well there is apparently a new
chest
in the alternate route to the Templar and nobody knows what it is for and people speculate that may be related to a new quest for the Vex but I think in general nobody knows.

I think when the update released people checked the database and only found 2 new quests. I know they can hide stuff, but I don't think there's a quest for the vex

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Went with armor. Figured 75 marks for armor vs 150 for a wep I'd do better with armor. All my shit was about the same light level aka 340-355. So got two armor pieces since the patch bumped vendor gear to 380.

Fuck that helps a lot. Based patch.

shingi70

Banned
Two things

1. Any Xbox players want to start a Clan. Those are some of the achievements I'm missing and I assume others are as well.

2. How often does the Bungie store restock new items. Saw those dope Raid Tshirts and wanted to get one of each to wear around.

Clunker

Hey all - I'm assuming a lot of people have popped back into Destiny after Age of Triumphs and the D2 tease, and I'm no exception! I haven't played seriously since November, so I've been out of the loop for a while and trying to catch up. My characters are all around 385-390 Light, and I haven't done the new Crota yet but I'm looking to run it and some Nightfalls/CoE sometime in the next few weeks.

I'm Holden Cawffle on XB1 - add me and I'll add people from the thread here. How do people on Xbox tend to assemble: here in thread or on Discord? (And on Discord, how does the @xbox tag work? Will it notify me automatically or do I have to flag myself as an Xbox person?)

Also, can anyone vouch for the LFG scene in the Xbox dashboard, and whether it's as much of a mixed bag as lfg.net?

Just for the record:

Wow.

*Abandons quest*

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Ran my three Crotas for this week (all challenges each time).
But I'd like to run one more on my Warlock main, since she needs it for the Speaker quest (took care of the PVP bullshit yesterday) and the Necrochasm quest.

Pretty experienced raider and in particular, better than decent with the sword in Crota's End.
If anyone is looking to pad out a team, please consider me.

PSN: Mejilan

Edit - Tonight, tomorrow. Either works.

Ran my three Crotas for this week (all challenges each time).
But I'd like to run one more on my Warlock main, since she needs it for the Speaker quest (took care of the PVP bullshit yesterday) and the Necrochasm quest.

Pretty experienced raider and in particular, better than decent with the sword in Crota's End.
If anyone is looking to pad out a team, please consider me.

PSN: Mejilan

Edit - Tonight, tomorrow. Either works.

My friend and I are trying to see if someone can take us through CE tomorrow at least for Nechro, but hopefully for one if not both challenges. Hopefully we can get 3 more experienced folks from Gaf?

Havent done CE in a long time so rusty, and also never used the sword so hopefully we compensate =). Would love Nechro and maybe Adept Word of Crota.

How do you get Icebreaker Y3?

NF weekly quest from Zavala. Unless they changed it, its also a low drop there too, unless you get lucky.

Mejilan

My friend and I are trying to see if someone can take us through CE tomorrow at least for Nechro, but hopefully for one if not both challenges. Hopefully we can get 3 more experienced folks from Gaf?

Havent done CE in a long time so rusty, and also never used the sword so hopefully we compensate =). Would love Nechro and maybe Adept Word of Crota.

I can surely help out. Cleared both challenges 3x this week already. Two of the Ir Yut challenges we even knocked out in sub-2:00, as required for that one record book node. Granted, my crew has been raiding together for years. As for Crota, it shouldn't take more than three swordbearers. I'm usually the first at-bat in my group, since I have the 400 Super Good Advice we use to reliably drop the Oversoul. We figure if our backup Oversoul Guardians fail, it'd be better if they fail early. Not usually a problem, but better safe than sorry. If I don't get fancy, I can knock down Crota's health by 40% with two drops on one sword. Still leaves room for error to get Crota down with just two more swordbearers.

vid

Given that Crota's End was always sort of a joke, how feasible would you guys say the raid is to do at 380 light rather than 390+?

I've spent the last few days skyrocketing from 330 up to 382, and I'm starting to wonder if I could actually finish all of the weeklies before the reset.

Given that Crota's End was always sort of a joke, how feasible would you guys say the raid is to do at 380 light rather than 390+?

I've spent the last few days skyrocketing from 330 up to 382, and I'm starting to wonder if I could actually finish all of the weeklies before the reset.

Totally doable at 382, and it shouldn't take you any time to get higher than 382...just run some heroic strikes and donate to factions.

Mejilan

Certainly doable, especially if it isn't a team full of 380s with little experience and a distinct desire to clear Ir Yut in under 2 minutes.

Deku Tree

You wouldn't want to run sword as a 380. Otherwise it's pretty easy to be carried through the raid.

vid

Certainly doable, especially if it isn't a team full of 380s with little experience and a distinct desire to clear Ir Yut in under 2 minutes.

That sounds like a delight. Speaking from experience, I take it?

Guess I'll keep grinding out strikes for now, I'd like to avoid contributing to that kind of frustration.

Mejilan

That sounds like a delight. Speaking from experience, I take it?

Guess I'll keep grinding out strikes for now, I'd like to avoid contributing to that kind of frustration.

Nah. I hit 400 on all of my characters when Rise of Iron was still young.
Just super good advice, imo. Trying to down Ir Yut in 2 minutes while completing the challenge mode requires a team firing on all cylinders. Good sync. Good communications. Most or all of the team being underleveled really wouldn't help.

But if you're only looking to clear, one to three underleveled teammates won't be much of a barrier to success.

If anyone is running raid, I have a Croat checkpoint.

Group couldn't get it done :(

I'm a 399 Warlock, not a sword Bearer but if anyone is running the raid, invite me as I just want it done.

I have a gally, have an icebreaker - prefer to be part of group doing challenge

PS4: Pacificsun0481

Melchiah

Just for the record:

Wow.

PVP being pushed again. No point in doing the quest then.

ZeoVGM

Banned
PVP being pushed again. No point in doing the quest then.

... What? One out of eight steps in the quest is done in the Crucible and that's "pushing PvP?" What does that even mean?

PvP is part of the game and the point of this quest is to guide you through many of the activities in Destiny from the beginning. So PvP is part of that. What a strange thing to take issue with.

Melchiah

... What? One out of eight steps in the quest is done in the Crucible and that's "pushing PvP?" What does that even mean?

PvP is part of the game and the point of this quest is to guide you through many of the activities in Destiny from the beginning. So PvP is part of that. What a strange thing to take issue with.

It means it's the only quest in AoT, and the PVP-step blocks the progress for a PVE-only player.

ZeoVGM

Banned
It means it's the only quest in AoT, and the PVP-step blocks the progress for a PVE-only player.

Bungie treats PvP and PvE as part of a singular whole for Destiny. It's one of the unique aspects of it.

Obviously you don't need to be a big fan of PvP but they didn't make it so you have to go to the Lighthouse. The two bounties are actually super easy to get. It really comes down to just playing 14 matches overtime.

(Clearly if you don't care about the class item, it doesn't matter either way. But if you want to complete the set that drops from Treasure of Ages, you'd need to do the quest.)

Melchiah

Bungie treats PvP and PvE as part of a singular whole for Destiny. It's one of the unique aspects of it.

Obviously you don't need to be a big fan of PvP but they didn't make it so you have to go to the Lighthouse. The two bounties are actually super easy to get. It really comes down to just playing 14 matches overtime.

(Clearly if you don't care about the class item, it doesn't matter either way. But if you want to complete the set that drops from Treasure of Ages, you'd need to do the quest.)

I don't find the PVP side fun to play at all, and I'm not alone in that. That's why it would have been better, if they had offered another quest in the last update, that PVE players could actually finish.

That's also my main worry, along with PVE nerfs due to PVP, with the sequel. It makes me think twice about paying a full price for a game, if its quests and events favor a side that I'm never going to play.

Top Bottom