• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Anyone doing a fresh 390 CE? In the very least I need to complete for Nechro but I would like to try the challenges and maybe get an adept or two.

dh4niel

Picked up the Teacup Tempest side arm recently thinking it was awesome. I then find out people are saying it's maybe the best side arm in the game. I'm so behind with the meta. :(

grief

Just to make sure I'm not missing something, there's no way to buy rep for Crucible or Cryptarch right? Looks like I've got a lot of exotic engrams to acquire to get to rank 50 from 30....

Kyoufu

pepper your angus

heh heh heh, yep

On a side note, I changed to Bumper Jumper and I've only mistakenly used my super once so far which is nice.

My only question is, why did they move supers to X? How am I going to aim and nova bomb now? D:

Just to make sure I'm not missing something, there's no way to buy rep for Crucible or Cryptarch right? Looks like I've got a lot of exotic engrams to acquire to get to rank 50 from 30....

For crucible you can still get extra rep by using a Crucible booster consumable; also the Shaxfall bounties give a large chunk of Crucible rep.

The xp bonus from nightfall will also help.

Ranking up Crypturd is easy, just run archons forge and court of oryx for tons of engrams.

RulkezX

What are the best resources for finding people to play with? I plagued a tying bit at launch bit bought the collection over the weekend.

Edit : in the UK

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Question DGAF: just jumping back in after a hiatus of ages: got a L28 Warlock and 2 x L2 Hunter and Titan - would you use the spark of lights (40) on Warlock since my subclasses are levelled up on that? and use the 25 one on either the Hunter or Titan, or Level the hardly levelled new chars to 40 and 25 giving me a L40, L25 and a L28 Warlock (the Warlock being very levelled from 100s of hours of vanilla gameplay).

I haven't played any expansions or Taken King or RoI yet either, plan to though with most likely my Warlock :)

Glad to be back, Guardians.

I take it this is still the place to be come Tuesday morning :D

Need that refresh :)

Question DGAF: just jumping back in after a hiatus of ages: got a L28 Warlock and 2 x L2 Hunter and Titan - would you use the spark of lights (40) on Warlock since my subclasses are levelled up on that? and use the 25 one on either the Hunter or Titan, or Level the hardly levelled new chars to 40 and 25 giving me a L40, L25 and a L28 Warlock (the Warlock being very levelled from 100s of hours of vanilla gameplay).

I haven't played any expansions or Taken King or RoI yet either, plan to though with most likely my Warlock :)

Personally I'd 40 the hunter 25 the titan and level the lock normal.

Mainly because I despise hunters and fully enjoy the other 2.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Any Scrotes happening on PS4 tonight?
Need a fourth run this weekend, because reasons.
PSN: Mejilan

Mejilan

I'll be playing Horizon until we get our six.
I personally don't need the challenges anymore, but will, of course, help the rest of the group secure 'em.

Line up so far:
1) xTODDLERx
2) xTODDLERx +1
3) Azys_
4) D-Psipher
5) ?
6) Mejilan

D_psipher

I'll be playing Horizon until we get our six.
I personally don't need the challenges anymore, but will, of course, help the rest of the group secure 'em.

Line up so far:
1) xTODDLERx
2) xTODDLERx +1
3) Azys_
4) d-psipher
5) ?
6) Mejilan

Let's run it.

Mejilan

Brilliant. Just one more then, and we've got ourselves a veritable Scrotes party.
Gross.

Line up so far:
1) xTODDLERx
2) xTODDLERx +1
3) Azys_
4) d-psipher
5) ?
6) Mejilan

ACR0019

Using LFG for the Crota challenge is a complete dumpster fire on Xbox. Right now, the only people still trying to go for it are all people who have no clue what they are doing. Nothing worse than an overconfident dude yelling at everyone else. Blech.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Seems IB weapons can drop from crucible master bounty. Got a Nirwen's from one of them.

Glad I don't have to do subclasses stuff to get rank 7. I barely did anything and I'm almost rank 7. Don't even have to touch trials either.

You've probably already made your choice but you should level your Warlock normally. Do you want 63 free levels or 35 free levels?

My record book hit rank 7 and 100% after popping 63 or 64 of the 96 available nodes. I've since popped a few more nodes, and the percent hasn't gone up any further.

So yes, you can entirely avoid the PVP nodes and still unlock all of the rank-specific rewards.

Book was awesome. I hope Destiny 2 launches with something this comprehensive and rewarding, with spoiler bits obfuscated with ???s where appropriate.

lol I finished the book and sold the code online a day ago :p

You don't need everything. You can skip 2-3 pages and still get it easily.

I don't want to nitpick too much but this record book in particular is unnecessarily convoluted as the moment they decided to not require the player to unlock every node to hit max rank they should have just ditched the % complete number. They already have a "Progress To Next Rank" bar which clearly and visually indicates how much you gain when unlocking nodes.

They should have just let it be known that while we have 96 nodes you only need to unlock 64(?) to hit Rank 7.

I don't care about the shirt or anything as I didn't order it the last time either after completing the book but I just like the tiny bit of personal satisfaction from completing each and every Destiny Record Book and all the other earlier experiences in the game after being super-hyped for the franchise, the lead up to release with the previews, and Alpha & Beta as Bungie's next major project after Halo.

This is an all-encompassing record book so I don't mind the inclusion of PvP stuff as I like Iron Banner and some regular Crucible from time-to-time as well.

Whether it makes sense to require players to repeat content in order to unlock nodes that they clearly have already done enough/before to unlock it is another conversation but I guess they wanted to give the player something to strive for/do over the next 5 months.

Mejilan

Scrotes PS4.
Line up so far:
1) ?
2) ?
3) Azys_
4) d-psipher
5) silvertongueBR
6) Mejilan

xTODDLERx is apparently offline, so (s)he and their +1 are no-shows?

Perineum

Anyone on PS4 need 1 more for Crota raid?

I am not to familiar with the raid in all the years it has been out. I am 393 light though as Hunter.

I'll help from any point you are on it, start, mid, finish, whatever.

PM me for my PSN ID.

Just tried to do the Crota challenge with reddit randoms. None of us had sword experience.

It was not a fun time. Haha.

But I now have the Crota checkpoint, so...

I don't want to nitpick too much but this record book in particular is unnecessarily convoluted as the moment they decided to not require the player to unlock every node to hit max rank they should have just ditched the % complete number. They already have a "Progress To Next Rank" bar which clearly and visually indicates how much you gain when unlocking nodes.

They should have just let it be known that while we have 96 nodes you only need to unlock 64(?) to hit Rank 7.

I don't care about the shirt or anything as I didn't order it the last time either after completing the book but I just like the tiny bit of personal satisfaction from completing each and every Destiny Record Book and all the other earlier experiences in the game after being super-hyped for the franchise, the lead up to release with the previews, and Alpha & Beta as Bungie's next major project after Halo.

This is an all-encompassing record book so I don't mind the inclusion of PvP stuff as I like Iron Banner and some regular Crucible from time-to-time as well.

Whether it makes sense to require players to repeat content in order to unlock nodes that they clearly have already done enough/before to unlock it is another conversation but I guess they wanted to give the player something to strive for/do over the next 5 months.

Thats pretty much the intention as far as I can tell. I've auto completed Y1 and Y2 Moments of Triumphs. So having Y3 AoT not auto complete is nice. I will say though, some stuff should be auto complete. Like IB. And I personally wish all the Trials stuff was because I'd have it done. And I don't really want to go back and do Trails.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
You've probably already made your choice but you should level your Warlock normally. Do you want 63 free levels or 35 free levels?

This is true, think I'm going to 25 the Hunter, 40 the Titan and play my L28 Warlock through TTK and RoI + Crucible, that way I have 3 near max levels chars right out the gate: so stoked to be back in the tower, last time I was, it was January 2015!!

Perineum

Just tried to do the Crota challenge with reddit randoms. None of us had sword experience.

It was not a fun time. Haha.

But I now have the Crota checkpoint, so...

If you end up forming a GAF group and need 1 more on PS4 I am all yours. Would love to knock it out before the reset, but my group for Destiny is long gone so I am flying solo.

Grrr. Im at work now, if not o would love to do Scrota. Cant do any raid until Thursday now. And then its my kid birthday on the 06 and mine on the 07. Would love a drunk birthday raid but i think the wife has plans for a night out. Oh well...

ZeoVGM

Banned
Complete fail of a Crota run. Ugh.

Hey guys, help me out here, is this correct?

When a Raid is chosen as the weekly, you get random drops after each section. And you get an ornament for beating it.

But you can 100% get an ornament to drop from each challenge once per week. And you have a CHANCE at getting an exotic primary if you do a challenge. Or are they both 100%?

And is that per account or character?

Finally, if you have Wish to Eao active, how exactly does that impact you after each "encounter?" And is that only if you fight a boss or does it count for each "section" where stuff drops? (Okay, one more: and is it suggested you use Wish to Eao in specific encounters?)

Okay, that's it. THANKS.

Deku Tree

Complete fail of a Crota run. Ugh.

Hey guys, help me out here, is this correct?

When a Raid is chosen as the weekly, you get random drops after each section. And you get an ornament for beating it.

But you can 100% get an ornament to drop from each challenge once per week. And you have a CHANCE at getting an exotic primary if you do a challenge. Or are they both 100%?

And is that per account or character?

Finally, if you have Wish to Eao active, how exactly does that impact you after each "encounter?" And is that only if you fight a boss or does it count for each "section" where stuff drops? (Okay, one more: and is it suggested you use Wish to Eao in specific encounters?)

Okay, that's it. THANKS.

I got an ornament and an elemental primary exotic weapon from every challenge mode. Seems to be guaranteed. Other stuff is random.

BLCKATK

Scrotes PS4.
Line up so far:
1) ?
2) ?
3) Azys_
4) d-psipher
5) silvertongueBR
6) Mejilan

xTODDLERx is apparently offline, so (s)he and their +1 are no-shows?

Hey sorry I ended up getting pulled into another raid, lemme know if you guys need another +1

Top Bottom