• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

shermas

I got the legendary fatebringer from atheon and the solar VoC from templar. Some other stuff, too, (the raid FR) but those were the highlights.

My LFG crew needed about 10 tries at templar (minataurs destroyed us for a while) then two at Atheon. We killed Atheon in one DPS cycle with sleepers, ghorn, weapon bubble and one tether.

rataven

There you go. Taking shape. We can run crota too if ppl want. I dont mind.

I'm in for Crota. I need to finish Necrochasm.

I can also run VoG if it's fresh. I did do the Templar challenge earlier though so don't want to take the slot for someone else. I could switch off to my Titan for that part as well.

zewone

wow, that sucks. so literally everything I possess is useless?

is this why I never came back...

Most of us were happy to have a bit of a reset.

Your old exotics can be upgraded to new exotics (buy the upgrade at the exotic kiosk), so not everything is useless.

dubq

wow, that sucks. so literally everything I possess is useless?

is this why I never came back...
Well yes but this is a traditional mmo mechanic. Ie, Your level 20 epic purple sword is never going to compete with a level 40 epic purple sword, and so on.

psyfi

Banned
*paging ZeoVGM*

I finally nabbed Destiny: The Complete Edition for PS4 off Amazon like you recommended! Should arrive Friday. I'm stoked to finally try out all the post-HoW stuff, especially TTK. All my past Destiny play time was on the XB1 version, so I'll be starting from scratch. RIP. I don't really mind honestly, I mostly just want to check out how the game has evolved rather than go balls deep with it. That said, I'd love to play with folks here if I ever catch up! My PSN ID = psyfi-

nillapuddin

Most of us were happy to have a bit of a reset.

Your old exotics can be upgraded to new exotics (buy the upgrade at the exotic kiosk), so not everything is useless.

Im not sure I understand this menu at all

JVPhUCi.png

WMW9GYk.png

this says to me I can rebuild a weapon if I've already found it, but it doesn't seem to indicate any sort of "upgrade"

I know I am babby in this, but I honestly don't know what to do

JVPhUCi.png

WMW9GYk.png

this says to me I can rebuild a weapon if I've already found it, but it doesn't seem to indicate any sort of "upgrade"

Y1 Exotics can't be upgraded. I think Y2 and Y3 exotics can be.

shermas

VOG sounds overly complicated, and not a lot of fun.

Bro.. It's not that bad. You need a competent relic guy (just like always).

On templar, one clears adds, one just does DPS, one has relic and blocks teleport. Stack up on the upper right (relic guy and one other helper on the left). If everyone does DPS and the relic guy can handle the left side, it's doable.

On atheon, if you go in, first two (non relic holders) shoot an Oracle, cleanse, then get out. Relic guy kills the third Oracle while the other three rush in. They each take an Oracle, cleanse, then get out. We did it in one DPS cycle.

Templar was a tougher fight bc of the adds. If someone goes down, it's tough to manage the harpys and minotaurs.

Tovarisc

Bro.. It's not that bad. You need a competent relic guy (just like always).

On templar, one clears adds, one just does DPS, one has relic and blocks teleport. Stack up on the upper right (relic guy and one other helper on the left). If everyone does DPS and the relic guy can handle the left side, it's doable.

On atheon, if you go in, first two (non relic holders) shoot an Oracle, cleanse, then get out. Relic guy kills the third Oracle while the other three rush in. They each take an Oracle, cleanse, then get out. We did it in one DPS cycle.

Templar was a tougher fight bc of the adds. If someone goes down, it's tough to manage the harpys and minotaurs.

Arguably Templar always was hardest boss in VoG. So much more chaotic encounter with constant AoE damage coming in like blues from Rahool.

Atheon can be so tightly controlled and clean encounter in comparison.

LawfulEnder

Neo Member
fuck, so i am completely starting from zero

Not entirely: for a certain amount of Legendary Marks, you should be able to pick up a Year 2 version of any of those exotics you had in Year 1. (The exotics that look like actual weapons and not engrams are the ones you can get: it'll cost you like ~150 Legendary Marks and an Exotic Shard or something, I believe).

You can't just infuse your old exotics and use them, but you can pick up current versions that you'll then be able to infuse, though you'll have to re-upgrade them.

Not entirely: for a certain amount of Legendary Marks, you should be able to pick up a Year 2 version of any of those exotics you had in Year 1. (The exotics that look like actual weapons and not engrams are the ones you can get: it'll cost you like ~150 Legendary Marks and an Exotic Shard or something, I believe).

You can't just infuse your old exotics and use them, but you can pick up current versions that you'll then be able to infuse, though you'll have to re-upgrade them.

It's kind of hit and miss though and the menu doesn't explain it at all.

For example, my Y1 The Last Word couldn't be purchased at a Y2/3 level through the Kiosk even though I had it. I could only buy the legacy one that way. I had to actually have it drop or buy the new version from Xur.

However my Jade Rabbit, First Curse, Ace of Spades, Celestial Nighthawk, and a few others were fine. Now I'm not sure which of those were introduced in Y2 or just acquired by me in Y2, but that's how it is. Similarly, I can't buy a Y2/3 Hawkmoon from the kiosk despite having had a Y1. But I CAN buy an upgraded Mida-Multi Tool or Truth in either Legacy or Y2/3 versions.

It's weird.

Stopped at Atheon but initial Titan loot haul includes...

Knuckles of Eao
AoT Ornament
Gauntlets
Class Item
Artifact
Hezen Vengeance
Praedyth's Timepiece (Adept)

...will finish Atheon off in the next day or so.

For those who have finished it would you use a Praedyth's Timepiece (Adept) for the Oracles at Atheon? Sleeper? Hand Cannon? When I faced Atheon this morning in a random group just to check it out I didn't like using a sniper without the Oracle Disruptor perk and I felt like I was wasting Sleeper rounds even though they destroy an Oracle with one shot. I guess I'm basically asking what is the preferred loadout sans having a lot of Oracle Disruptor weapons?

Edit: I guess if it goes smoothly you would only be using one Sleeper shot on an Oracle so I guess that's the best bet.

Dez_

Looking for 2 more to run the VoG raid. We're going to try and go for the challenge stuff as well.

1. Dez
2. Dthomp
3. Ballistic
4. McArkus

JVPhUCi.png

WMW9GYk.png

You have access to Suros Regime, The Last Word, Bad Juju, Red Death, Mida Multitool, Plan C, Universal Remote, Patience and Time, No Land Beyond, Thunderlord, SGA, Dragon's Breath, and Truth. This is because you own the Legacy versions. If you hover over the 'Current' exotics you'll see that will be obtained at 320LL. If you hover over 'Legacy', you'll see they are 160LL. You will have to pay 150 Legendary Marks to unlock the 'Current' exotics, but once you pay this OR reacquire them in a different way, they will cost 1 exotic shard and 2500 Glimmer.

Top Bottom