• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

nillapuddin

Not entirely: for a certain amount of Legendary Marks, you should be able to pick up a Year 2 version of any of those exotics you had in Year 1. (The exotics that look like actual weapons and not engrams are the ones you can get: it'll cost you like ~150 Legendary Marks and an Exotic Shard or something, I believe).

You can't just infuse your old exotics and use them, but you can pick up current versions that you'll then be able to infuse, though you'll have to re-upgrade them.

Okay yeah, I saw things costing 150 Marks, etc.

I have Zero, I just looked up how to acquire them, it seems reasonable.

ALSO

Should I open my "Sterling Treasure" boxes now, or level myself up first?
I have 11, and I do not know how or why

(Im level 33 ll 147, waiting for a friend before I start playing campaign)

You have access to Suros Regime, The Last Word, Bad Juju, Red Death, Mida Multitool, Plan C, Universal Remote, Patience and Time, No Land Beyond, Thunderlord, SGA, Dragon's Breath, and Truth. This is because you own the Legacy versions. If you hover over the 'Current' exotics you'll see that will be obtained at 320LL. If you hover over 'Legacy', you'll see they are 160LL. You will have to pay 150 Legendary Marks to unlock the 'Current' exotics, but once you pay this OR reacquire them in a different way, they will cost 1 exotic shard and 2500 Glimmer.

Thanks for further explanation, I def understand it now
+1

Okay yeah, I saw things costing 150 Marks, etc.

I have Zero, I just looked up how to acquire them, it seems reasonable.

ALSO

Should I open my "Sterling Treasure" boxes now, or level myself up first?
I have 11, and I do not know how or why

(Im level 33 ll 147, waiting for a friend before I start playing campaign)

Thanks for further explanation, I def understand it now
+1

As far as I remember, every armor piece that can drop from boxes, will drop at 3LL. That's not a typo. Lol. Three Light Level.

Edit: You are better off spending your Legendary Marks on vender gear btw. That stuff is 380LL vs your kiosk exotics being 320LL. You should always try to wear the highest LL you can when decrypting and open reward packages.

You can still solo the first chest in VOG, which now drops a knuckles of Eao (extra loot when you kill a boss), for anyone who only raids on 1 or 2 chars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYZ1vTA539I

just select the weekly raid (VOG) in the main director, as soon as you zone in jump on a speeder and jam over to campus 9 entrance, wait 1:50-2 mins with a stopwatch, then you should be able to zone in (speeder up to door and sideways jump off) and loot the first 1 or 2 chests, the first one will have the knuckles.

edit: it looks like knuckles only drops one time per account per week, not per character (at least my 2nd char didn't get one) but i did get the engrams from the 2 chests

tick221

Yeah, absolutely. Just to let you know, today has not been my day for finding groups with gaf so we'll see if anything comes from this.

VoG on PS4:

1 Me
2 Silver
3 Tick221
4 churmom
5 GibbShift
6 Cybrwzrd

Fantastic raid everyone, ton of fun!!

NastyBook

SICK run, Ladies and Gentleman. Tick with that never surrender/NEVER GIVE UP attitude that got us the W. If you all want to run it again on other characters later this week, let me know.

inthrall

Completed the vault with all challenges dusted, thanks DiscordGAF!

C8kkSl9VYAESwHb.jpg

Man, it feels good to go back

Perineum

Persona 5 hit today, and I was doing a lot of grinding. I thought my urge to play Destiny again would be done once the P5 hit, yet tomorrow I feel the urge to get the weekly nightfall done, finish my Thorn quest, and a few other nuggets.

I REALLY want to get to rank 7 in AoT to get the t-shirt code to get the shirt, but I am barely above rank 4 in the book.

Anyone know how much of the book has to be done to hit 7?

I know this is super in advance but is anyone doing the raid on PS4 this weekend? Id like to go a few times for the challenges...need me those adept FB, AE, and VoC (mythoclast would be nice too).

You can still solo the first chest in VOG, which now drops a knuckles of Eao (extra loot when you kill a boss), for anyone who only raids on 1 or 2 chars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYZ1vTA539I

just select the weekly raid (VOG) in the main director, as soon as you zone in jump on a speeder and jam over to campus 9 entrance, wait 1:50-2 mins with a stopwatch, then you should be able to zone in (speeder up to door and sideways jump off) and loot the first 1 or 2 chests, the first one will have the knuckles.

edit: it looks like knuckles only drops one time per account per week, not per character (at least my 2nd char didn't get one) but i did get the engrams from the 2 chests

Anyone know if you can get a Knuckles of Eao from completing the Abyss in Crota's End if you have already gotten one in the VoG this week?

gspec

The group I was in broke up for the night. Damn. I was a substitute. I don't when I will be invited play again. Oh well.

Sorry if this has been answer multiple times already, but does doing hard mode Crota drop this week drop Age of Triumph armor? Didn't get last week and it is the nicest looking.

shermas

Sorry if this has been answer multiple times already, but does doing hard mode Crota drop this week drop Age of Triumph armor? Didn't get last week and it is the nicest looking.

But no challenges with Crota this week, right? Might be fun to goof around on that raid.

How do we get more AoT ornaments each week?

Arrrammis

One run, two knuckles used(one on Templar, one on Atheon), here's the results:
Full armor set, Exotic Fatebringer, Exotic Praedyth's Timepiece, Corrective Measure

Just need one more ornament to finish the set :)

Thanks for the smooth
except for connection errors
run everybody!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Wow, OK.
The revamped VoG + challenges is way tougher and took way longer than the revamped CE + challenges. Even without the Destiny server outage.
Not terribly surprising, perhaps, but what did surprise me was how much longer it took.
And I'm never, ever fucking clearing that Gorgon Labyrinth again.
At least the Ir Yut timed challenge had the decency to be over (for good or for ill) in under 3 minutes.

I know the popular choice is to use Sleeper at Atheon but using something like Praedyth's Timepiece (Adept) for the Oracles and the If Materia~ machine gun from the WotM raid for DPS has proven to be a great combo.

Just finished the Atheon Challenge, got a Atheon's Epilogue (Adept) and the Titan helmet.

For my troubles...

Knuckles of Eao
AoT Ornament
Gauntlets
Helmet
Class Item
Artifact
Hezen Vengeance
Praedyth's Timepiece (Adept)
Atheon's Epilogue (Adept)

...didn't get the three I wanted in the Vex, Fatebringer, or Vision but the experience did surprise me a bit (the first time around anyways) with the challenge as initially I thought it was just going to pretty much the same old thing.

zewone

I know the popular choice is to use Sleeper at Atheon but using something like Praedyth's Timepiece (Adept) for the Oracles and the If Materia~ machine gun from the WotM raid for DPS has proven to be a great combo.

Just finished the Atheon Challenge, got a Atheon's Epilogue (Adept) and the Titan helmet.
Use a non exotic version of the VoG weapons for the raid. The elements have little to no benefit and takes up your exotic slot.

I was hitting Atheon for 300,000 with Sleeper per shot.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Hey guys, help me out a bit here.

If I do one of the 390 Raids over and over this week, could I possibly get a complete armor set? I'm not referring to the ornaments or exotic primaries. Just the armor drops.

Or do they stop dropping after a single run that week and I have to wait until the reset?

(I'm referring to doing this on a single character, by the way.)

Arrrammis

Hey guys, help me out a bit here.

If I do one of the 390 Raids over and over this week, could I possibly get a complete armor set? I'm not referring to the ornaments or exotic primaries. Just the armor drops.

Or do they stop dropping after a single run that week and I have to wait until the reset?

(I'm referring to doing this on a single character, by the way.)

You can only get drops one run per week per character. It's possible to get a full armor set in a single run with knuckles and a lot of luck, but otherwise it'll take you a few weeks to get a full set.

Use a non exotic version of the VoG weapons for the raid. The elements have little to no benefit and takes up your exotic slot.

I was hitting Atheon for 300,000 with Sleeper per shot.

I haven't gotten any of the non-Adept primary versions yet so I needed something with Oracle Disruptor on it and the If Materia~ machine gun absolutely destroys Atheon.

ZeoVGM

Banned
You can only get drops one run per week per character. It's possible to get a full armor set in a single run with knuckles and a lot of luck, but otherwise it'll take you a few weeks to get a full set.

Ah, my non-challenge drops from CE last week were four of the legendary weapons but only one armor piece, the cloak. Was hoping I could just keep running it.

Is there an opinion on the Knuckles yet? Is there a best time to use it?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Just want to say a big thank you for anyone I was raiding with last night. We stuck it out and achieved a lot. Reading around now I see others reporting some of the same issues that were giving us trouble too, there was definitely something up with the servers making things harder than it should've been (teleporting enemies/Templar regaining health, etc.) Anyway thanks everyone that was around. We all did a good job getting through what we did

ZeoVGM

Banned
One more question to add to the above one:

Does anyone know if the original ships, shaders and sparrow are dropping from Crota and VoG 390?

PatientGamer

Gold Member
So I've just bought the Destiny Collection and I've played through a few story missions, but I have no idea what I'm actually doing...

I don't know how to start TTK and Rise of Iron, or any of the DLC's/expansions. Everytime I click on them, it just plays the opening cinematic.

I have no idea what a raid is or how to start it.

A few players have randomly jumped into my game, which I expected - but I don't know how to befriend people/join someone's fireteam.

My other (potentially biggest misunderstanding) gripe, is why every new player is so desperate be level 40 right from the beginning? I've seen the two things which level's me up to level 25 and level 40... but what's the actual point of boosting to level 40, rather than just playing it from the beginning?

Maybe my questions have already been answered in the OP? So I'll read that, but if anyone can explain what I'm missing, that'd be great.

Waldini

Ho-ly shit...

That Templar challenge is tough.

The teleport near the ledge is easy to block with 2 players ... but the one that is near the stairs is near impossible to block off without a Bubble Titan. We made it after an hour though ... but so many wipes thanks to the adds. The Minotaurs just smack everyone around and when there's 5 of them the Relic Holder has a tough time holding them off.

I can't imagine Atheon being that more difficult apart from timing and not dying?

Can you swith Ornaments btw? I got the Titan boots and Chest from the encounter but I wonder if I can keep switching between the 2 Ornament slots?

Top Bottom