• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Ho-ly shit...

That Templar challenge is tough.

The teleport near the ledge is easy to block with 2 players ... but the one that is near the stairs is near impossible to block off without a Bubble Titan. We made it after an hour though ... but so many wipes thanks to the adds. The Minotaurs just smack everyone around and when there's 5 of them the Relic Holder has a tough time holding them off.

I can't imagine Atheon being that more difficult apart from timing and not dying?

Can you swith Ornaments btw? I got the Titan boots and Chest from the encounter but I wonder if I can keep switching between the 2 Ornament slots?
Prepare to have your mind blown:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...nced_templar_relic_holder_strategy_boss_dead/

video of the encounter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMNl8orV6Iw

zewone

I came up with a variant of this strategy that is much safer for the relic holder, which leads to more successful runs.

It does require at least one bubble Titan.

Relic holder covers the one teleport on the left side of the arena. The other 5 DPS from near the right side teleport. Pop a bubble to block the right side arena. The Templar will alternate attempts from left side and right side.

Pretty easy once you get the rhythm.

Waldini

That's what we did. We had the Relic Holder go to the "far side" to block the Teleport ... I was the Bubble Titan blocking off the other. However, the succesfull run we had had me with a constant Super (orb supply was good) so I could bubble it all the time. Made the encounter a bit easier.

Again, I can't possibly imagine Atheon being that difficult. That encounter looks to depend on timing and which Guardian takes out his Oracle.

So any space at a VOG raid? Only got to templar last night and had to go :(

Well technically I stayed on but only cause my little lad was running round VOG, to the amusement/frustration of some friends lol

Edit: bloody auto correct

123rl

I was just reading the OP as I wanted a bit of nostalgia. Whoever came up with some of the OT titles deserve more credit. Special shout out to OT7 "In the garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner.

Dez_

Finally finished VoG for both of the challenges. Holy shit, that was one of the toughest encounters I've ever played in this game. Hours and hours of tries, and I swear either I was getting a little delirious at the end, or we were running into the weirdest glitches for the Atheon fight. I am a bit annoyed that RNG gave me duplicate adept auto rifles again, but at least I did get a Vision and Found Verdict out of it.

Good games to the crew I was playing with.

Finally finished VoG for both of the challenges. Holy shit, that was one of the toughest encounters I've ever played in this game. Hours and hours of tries, and I swear either I was getting a little delirious at the end, or we were running into the weirdest glitches for the Atheon fight. I am a bit annoyed that RNG gave me duplicate adept auto rifles again, but at least I did get a Vision and Found Verdict out of it.

Not sure if it is a glitch per say but there were multiple times when I shot an Oracle center mass with a Sleeper only to have the round return directly to me for an instant death.

I came up with a variant of this strategy that is much safer for the relic holder, which leads to more successful runs.

Relic holder covers the one teleport on the left side of the arena. The other 5 DPS from near the right side teleport. Pop a bubble to block the right side arena. The Templar will alternate attempts from left side and right side.

Yeah, we basically did it just like this as well but also put a weapons bubble (Helm of Saint-14) on the steps on the DPS side while having two Nightstalker Hunters alternating in creating orbs and keeping the adds behind us at bay behind those steps and the other bubble Titan doing the blocking.

Cruxist

After a lot of pain yesterday, finally cleared Templar challenge. Good lord, people have forgotten how this works. How many times did we wipe because somebody used a rocket or grenade during detain. Come on!

The victorious strat was everybody on the upper side dpsing while the relic holder blocked teleports. Bubbles were only used for dps/blind/shields. I think we had 2 night stalkers helping with tethers. It was so incredibly smooth after so many scrubby pick me up teams.

Does each blocked teleport spawn the same number of minotaurs or does it increase with each block? (Or is it dependant on the boss's health?) Also, are they immune to stagger? I was using a void LMG with HCR that worked very well in WotM against the major captains and it was fairly hairy taking on the minotaurs.

Managed to beat it after countless wipes, and while I don't think we hit the enrage timer it was fairly hectic at the end. The relic holder blocked left (facing from the start) and a titan held the right, their back to the wall shooting adds whenever he was blocking. We had a stormcaller with Darkdrinker on 100% add duty on that side with the relic holder focused on adds on the other side with help from a hunter who split their attention between that and DPS. A sunsinger on each side did DPS as much as possible with snipers/sleeper/grenade spam.

Our relic holder would die to adds without support so I don't know what they're doing differently.

Ryck

Haha so did we, I just finished the video, should have known it was already all over the internet.

https://youtu.be/XQFt1F05E6Q

Should have done it last night instead of trying out my new weapons haha.

LTWood12

have 5 folks group up here:
zOiNcPsl.jpg

Relic holder gives out a ten second warning prior to breaking the shield. Blessing bubble gets put on the left teleport platform.

Relic holder does all the blocking while the other 5 unleash hell on the Templar. He's dead here in 39 seconds of DPS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gatr95Wls0M

edit: beaten by Ryck lol.

Dez_

My god, that's brilliant! I need to give that a try next time. Our team were pretty much perched over by one of the teleporting spots and the relic holder was covering the more open spot.

Frostburn

have 5 folks group up here:
(snipped picture just above)
Relic holder gives out a ten second warning prior to breaking the shield. Blessing bubble gets put on the left teleport platform.

Relic holder does all the blocking while the other 5 unleash hell on the Templar. He's dead here in 39 seconds of DPS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gatr95Wls0M

edit: beaten by Ryck lol.

Yeah that is a great plan for this. Alright who is ready to run VoG + CMs today? I have a 8 1/2 month old so I RARELY get to play right now but I REALLY want to run some VoG again!

Ok so I finished VOG with my Warlock last night all challenges completed.

It was a lot of fun revisiting this gem, and the rewards were awesome. Got Pretorian, Preydith, Adept versions of Fatebringer, and Atheon's Epilogue.

The challenges were something else. We got through the first challenge relatively easily Templar.

Atheon though was a cluster. Thankfully we got it down, and and took him out in one round so we didn't have to go back in. 2 tethers+ Weapons bubble+ Sleeper= dead in one round.

By the way, Sleeper cell bouncing off and killing you for oracles is real. lol.

zewone

So this ended up being bullshit.

0eghPzR.png

Had a tougher time with the OG challenge mode Templar.

I still feel Aksys is the toughest challenge yet.

greatgeek

Banned

Hah, me too. That run turned into a really loathsome marathon.

And I'm down for back to back runs sometime this weekend. I can't go on without that adept Fatebringer.

cooldawn

I must be doing something wrong but:
- I only have access to Zone Control multiplayer (it's an awful mode)
- it seems like only a 3rd of the maps are in rotation

I paid up to The Taken King. How can I get my content back?

Ryck

I must be doing something wrong but:
- I only have access to Zone Control multiplayer (it's an awful mode)
- it seems like only a 3rd of the maps are in rotation

I paid up to The Taken King. How can I get my content back?
You can either buy the ROI expansion ( year 3)

Or Destiny the collection. ( all three years)

I don't want Rise of Iron. I just want to play the content I've paid up to £80 for already and been using happily for a long time.
You have access to every crucible map, story mission, strike, and raid that was available up to the release of Rise of Iron. The majority of crucible and strike playlists have been gated to the most recent release since The Taken King. Crucible playlists were significantly pruned in the Age of Triumph to promote playlist population; legacy players now only have access to the featured weekly crucible playlist, which will have maps in it that depend on the gametype.

Top Bottom