• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

dubq

Also I just wanted to say that this thread is great. I haven't even grouped with any of you (yet) but you're all super helpful with my questions. Destiny GAF FTW.

It will run at 30fps on an XB1 that costs $250, so I'd say no.

Technically you're right but it still remains to be seen whether a gpu upgrade of some kind will be necessary for some people.

With Nvidia specifically mentioning the 10 series.. it makes me wonder if Direct X12 is going to play a factor in the PC Client.

cooldawn

Unfortunately, you will only be able to do story content then.

You have access to every crucible map, story mission, strike, and raid that was available up to the release of Rise of Iron. The majority of crucible and strike playlists have been gated to the most recent release since The Taken King. Crucible playlists were significantly pruned in the Age of Triumph to promote playlist population; legacy players now only have access to the featured weekly crucible playlist, which will have maps in it that depend on the gametype.
That's a technicality because today I have not had access to all maps or all games modes I paid a lot for. I don't see why they can't let up to The Taken King players still play together with the content they already bought.

The amount of people paying for Rise of Iron is probably proportionately less than those who have the rest of the content. People will just switch off, making the situation worse.

Besides that, I still paid for and want to play the content I own.

ROI is super fun though, IMO. I recommend checking it out. :)
I'm waiting on Destiny 2 now.

thabiz

Yeah. That method looks super smooth. Hopefully I can find a group tonight to knock it out. Last night was a disaster on lfg.

Be aware you need the right mix of classes for this to run smoothly. Hunters and titans.

We tried this last night and we were basically spitting on the templar once the heavy ran out. Those rotten warlocks and their uselessness.

Did the whole VOG with challenges in 1:14 this afternoon. Templar strat where the relic holder bloacks both teleports is by far the best strat. No question.

shermas

As a Titan, do you have to stay inside your bubble?

On Templar, I was dropping my bubble on the teleport spot, then leaving the bubble to more easily do DPS and someone on my team kept yelling at me for leaving my bubble.... Do you have to stay?

As a Titan, do you have to stay inside your bubble?

On Templar, I was dropping my bubble on the teleport spot, then leaving the bubble to more easily do DPS and someone on my team kept yelling at me for leaving my bubble.... Do you have to stay?
Yes, bubble does not stop the teleport. You don't have to stay there, but when the text comes up that he's about to teleport, and there's a red ring over the spot, you must physically stand in the ring until it turns blue to stop his teleport.

shermas

Yes, bubble does not stop the teleport. You don't have to stay there, but when the text comes up that he's about to teleport, and there's a red ring over the spot, you must physically stand in the ring until it turns blue to stop his teleport.

Okay, right... when it turned red, I was going back and making sure I blocked the teleport. I got the impression that he was upset I was leaving the bubble because it shortened the duration of the bubble or something like that. He left the group right after (then we cleared the fight), so I couldn't ask him what he was upset about.

Anybody up for Wrath of the Machine raid? Haven't played much of destiny since Christmas but I am a year 1 veteran. Can join in on other activities though i am light 370.

Anybody up for Wrath of the Machine raid? Haven't played much of destiny since Christmas but I am a year 1 veteran. Can join in on other activities though i am light 370.
Go to the forge mate and pile up those blues they atop at 385 but you get the odd 390 legendary and blue though.

Finally got round to doing the challenge got me the pulse rifle, really wanted my vision back though :( but I'll live :) hopefully it's half decent in pvp.

We tried the new tactic on the challenge but the templar was been peculiar and doing random shit so we had 4 on the right, 1 hiding behind the pillar to tag the teleport the relic holder on add duty and the other 2 on dps and 2 titans on the left teleport.
When ever the titans got chance they launched what they could for dps before going back to their spots.
Only issues we had was when the titans overlaid each others bubbles they bugged out and allowed the templar to bombard them.. once we worked out the kinks we breezed it :D

Cheer's mate, did that earlier as well didn't know when they capped out. Thanks.
No worries, all blue engrams stop at 385 but a blue item that does not need decrypting (usually off the bosses same as strikes) can be up to 390, I've had the odd rare 397 blue pop up now and again though but not really tracked where they dropped.

I reeeeeally hope I get the chance to play the raid this week. I need the fusion rifle so bad. I don't even care for the exotics. I. Want. That. Fusion. Rifle.

I get off work at 11pm est. And play on PS4... Just saying.

HigXx

When your team gets down with dealing with Oracles correctly the Challenge is a breeze

The hardest bit was dealing with Supplicants or should I say Supplic*nts

pantsmith

Edit: just filled up!

Looking for 2 more for vault, super chill run. No experience necessary. Well be attempting the challenge modes.

Message pantsmith on psn if youre interested.

Any groups for VoG? I can do fresh or I have an Atheon checkpoint

Still looking? We'll have you along!

Atheon just gave me

Warlock helmet
Adept Timepiece
Legendary Fatebringer

Got the adept Confluence and Praetorian Foil from the Templar.

o_O

shermas

When your team gets down with dealing with Oracles correctly the Challenge is a breeze

The hardest bit was dealing with Supplicants or should I say Supplic*nts

I joined an LFG atheon CP earlier.. All randoms.

We flew in, made small talk, we all said we'd done it before. Fight started. I get sent to Venus with two others. One guy says I got relic, asked us for grenades. We tossed em. My partner took the first oracle, I took the second. We cleanse and get out. We get to the middle. I pop a weapons bubble. Couple seconds later, the other four come out. "weapons in back," shield goes up, sleeper shots all over the place... About 20 seconds later, down goes Atheon.

The entire thing took about five minutes (because of flying in) and I added four people to my friends list.

I did the Challenge Modes for VoG yesterday, if I do just the regular encounters on a different character (I know I can do the Challenge Modes again on a different character but I want the non-Exotic version of the weapons) I'll get chances at the regular versions of the VoG weapons, right?

Top Bottom