• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

any preferred method for Templar? we tried zones, we tried "everyone behind the pillars with relic on shield duty", nothing seems to be working

ocean

Banned
That's a technicality because today I have not had access to all maps or all games modes I paid a lot for. I don't see why they can't let up to The Taken King players still play together with the content they already bought.

The amount of people paying for Rise of Iron is probably proportionately less than those who have the rest of the content. People will just switch off, making the situation worse.

Besides that, I still paid for and want to play the content I own.

I'm waiting on Destiny 2 now.
Two weeks ago you'd have been stuck queuing in Classic playlist so. Technically you had more options (3 Classic playlists vs. the current 1). The big difference, and I say this as somebody who played a lot of Classic 6v6, is that the population in those playlists was abysmal. Matchmaking took several minutes between games and it would often be both laggy and severely lopsided. There just aren't enough legacy players to populate multiple playlists.

Now you can queue in the Weekly featured playlist with the *entire* population regardless of DLC purchased, with access to every map (subject to that week's mode rotation). This ensures quicker matchmaking with a significantly higher population so you have a better chance of good connections and even-ish skill in the lobby.

It sucks that you can't chose what playlist you want to hop on to specifically anymore, but to borrow your term, you only technically could. In a few weeks when all the current Age of Triumph push subsides the entire player base is sinking and unconsolidated Classic playlists "taken from you" we're going to be graveyards anyways.

Returners

Did anyone hit Rank 7 on the Age of Triumph book yet?

Just wondering if Trials is needed at all to hit Rank 7. If it is I might not bother with the book altogether.

zewone

Maybe I didn't need to buy that God roll Wormwood...

8Bpli3q.jpg

Waldini

The weapons drop alot except for the Vex.

Got the boots, chest and butt-cape for my Titan in 1 run and I'll do it again next week. Thank the maker that the Challenge is done.

Armor in the Titan looks fan-fucking-tastic though.

I've done one run so far and got the cloak, mask and boots. The challenges gave me an adept VoC and Fatebringer, the only legendary weapons I got were the two heavies.

My team of randoms had a pretty tough time with the Templar challenge, but we eventually got it by generating a lot of orbs with bubbles and tethers to keep the supers up.

Waldini

I've done one run so far and got the cloak, mask and boots. The challenges gave me an adept VoC and Fatebringer, the only legendary weapons I got were the two heavies.

My team of randoms had a pretty tough time with the Templar challenge, but we eventually got it by generating a lot of orbs with bubbles and tethers to keep the supers up.

What tactic did you use? Stand on the left side? Near the cave?

Because you can do it much easier (which we will attempt in run 2 tonight). 5 Guardians can stand near the spawn (central conflux). If the guy running the Relic is skilled enough he can stop the teleport from happening by just using the shield.

any preferred method for Templar? we tried zones, we tried "everyone behind the pillars with relic on shield duty", nothing seems to be working
We beat Templar in one try with this method:

Relic holder stays on the left side. Everyone else stands up near the right side Teleport.

Assign one person to kill adds with Darkdrinker on the right side. 3 people straight DPS. The 4th person on the right side will stand on the side of the platform where the Teleport shows up, opposite of where the Templar will be. It counts as standing inside of it (if you crouch it doesn't work), but the Templar can't hit you.

The relic holder pops the shield and goes and hides in the front left corner until the left Teleport shows up. Count to three, then block the Teleport. Then go hide again when it switches to the right side. Repeat until victory.

I was a Titan with the relic, not that it really matters. But we had a 2nd Titan on right side who used weapons of light. Hunters bowed the Templar when they had supers to use. It went really quick.

Waldini

Relic holder stays on the left side. Everyone else stands up near the right side Teleport.

Assign one person to kill adds with Darkdrinker on the right side. 3 people straight DPS. The 4th person on the right side will stand on the side of the platform where the Teleport shows up, opposite of where the Templar will be (if you crouch it doesn't work). It counts as standing inside of it, but the Templar can't hit you.

The relic holder pops the shield and goes and hides in the front left corner until the left Teleport shows up. Count to three, then block the Teleport. Then go hide again when it switches to the right side. Repeat until victory.

I was a Titan with the relic, not that it really matters. But we had a 2nd Titan on right side who used weapons of light. Hunters bowed the Templar when they had supers to use. It went really quick.

You can do it this way. However it highly depends on the generation of orbs and the 2 Titans changing the Bubbles. You can do it with 1 Titan though ... but if you fail to generate enough orbs the bubble can't be put there in time, failing the challenge.

You can do it this way. However it highly depends on the generation of orbs and the 2 Titans changing the Bubbles. You can do it with 1 Titan though ... but if you fail to generate enough orbs the bubble can't be put there in time, failing the challenge.
We only had one Titan popping a bubble.
Other Titan (me) had the relic.
One hunter using a bow and dps.
One hunter on ads.
Warlock on right Teleport (this negates the need for bubble cycling)
Warlock on dps.

I didn't count how many Teleport attempts the Templar made, but it was definitely around ten in total.

Edit: If I go back in for my 3rd run today I'll try to remember to take some photos of placement.

Hedera

I've gotten the Titan helmet & gauntlets and the Hunter helmet.

I just wish I could get some of the Legendary VoG primary weapons to drop.
In 3 runs I ended up with one legendary primary on my last raid. It ended up going to my postmaster so I even thought I didn't get any at all until I got to the tower and had a VoC waiting.

Easy, either fail the challenge or do it next week. Pretty much guaranteed legendary weapon drops.

Yeah, I know but it's hard to find a group that isn't doing the Challenge Modes and when I did find one last night for Atheon I, of course, got the Vex Mythoclast (not complaining but just found it ironic).

I easily had one of my worst experiences with randoms last night doing VoG challenge mode. After almost 6 hours and 3 different groups I had to call it a night. With the first group of randoms consisted of 3 hunters(myself included), 2 titans, and a warlock. Unfortunately, one of the hunters had a LL of 380 and since he was a friend of one in the fireteam he "had" to join. I thought okay, whatever, I have dragged lower level guys through before but this guy wouldn't listen. When we finally made it to Atheon challenge mode was explained to everyone yet he still kept trying to kill every oracle. To make things worse, all of his gear was blue except for Plan C and his mic died midway through the raid. Eventually we decided it wasn't going to happen and called it quits, but I refused to go to bed without beating Atheon. Back to r/fireteams I went where I found a group at Atheon looking for one more so I joined up. This was a mistake. The second fireteam lead by a guy who would yell every time someone did something wrong. I wasn't having it and luckily one of the other guys wife had gotten "sick" and had to leave. This lead me to my third random fireteam which ended unsuccessfully at 2AM CST with all of us needed to get to bed. This group wasn't as bad but they hated the idea of calling out which oracle you were going to grab which led to everyone firing at the same one multiple people killing two of them. Man, fuck randoms and r/fireteams.

I'm hoping to get an Atheon clear in when I head to lunch today but after lastnight's clusterfuck I doubt it will happen.

Got the mythoclast on my first VoG run. The team I ran with kept messing up the Aethon challenge but we finally did it. It took us two rounds. We also cleared the Gorgons for the book entry. Will most likely run some VoG a couple times this weekend.

Jabronium

Would love to get in on some VoG this weekend but if I miss the boat I'm not going to be too broken up...Plenty of time before D2, and might even be less stressful just hitting it next week for regular gear and a shot at the Vex.

Ballistic

I'm free if u still looking.

Unfortunately GAF is dead this morning, so last nights ask is still on the page. I'm sure once everyone wakes up from their late night Atheon runs, you'll see more groups forming or at least that's how the last few days have played out.

LMFAO. Been trying to do Atheon for two days now. Probably wiped 50 times with 2 different teams. Just tried again and we got it first try. Amazing how no one dying makes it a cake walk. Just don't die!

Assign one person to kill adds with Darkdrinker on the right side. 3 people straight DPS. The 4th person on the right side will stand on the side of the platform where the Teleport shows up, opposite of where the Templar will be. It counts as standing inside of it (if you crouch it doesn't work), but the Templar can't hit you.

We did it this way after trying others.

The left hand relic holder should have a very boring fight if everything is working properly. They literally hide and block and that's it.

On the right we had one titan, with a bubble right in the middle of the area. We had one stormcaller warlock being the primary blocker, and he would swap out once or twice to use his super. We had another stormcaller warlock who cleared most of the minotaurs.

The rest were a mix of hunters and titans. Two of us were almost 100 percent on adds, the rest were 90 percent adds and 10 percent boss DPS.

We were basically just firing gallys at the boss whenever we had some heavy drop, and we weren't getting absolutely hammered by a minotaur.

Good use of stormcaller supers really helps as you can do 3 or 4 minotaurs solo.

The right blocker doesn't need a bubble, they just need people to help keep the adds off. The worst ones are minotaurs that come up the front stairs (front being where you jump down) as they aggro straight onto the blocker.

EDIT - one other tip. When blocking on right it's quite particular on where you stand behind the wall, it's not just in the circle but within a specific couple of feet. Make sure the blocker looks up to check the circle has gone white so that they know they're in the right spot.

The left hand relic holder should have a very boring fight if everything is working properly. They literally hide and block and that's it.

On the right we had one titan, with a bubble right in the middle of the area. We had one stormcaller warlock being the primary blocker, and he would swap out once or twice to use his super. We had another stormcaller warlock who cleared most of the minotaurs.

The rest were a mix of hunters and titans. Two of us were almost 100 percent on adds, the rest were 90 percent adds and 10 percent boss DPS.

We were basically just firing gallys at the boss whenever we had some heavy drop, and we weren't getting absolutely hammered by a minotaur.

Good use of stormcaller supers really helps as you can do 3 or 4 minotaurs solo.

The right blocker doesn't need a bubble, they just need people to help keep the adds off. The worst ones are minotaurs that come up the front stairs (front being where you jump down) as they aggro straight onto the blocker.

I'm interested in seeing what ends up being the meta here, since all raid encounters eventually evolve into the most efficient way. My team had a blade dance (camo) on the left side. He had no issues. I held relic on right, smashing enemies. And then everyone else DPS boss with a titan bubble for protection.

Those two strats are basically the same but different methods of taking no damage on left and killing enemies on right.

EDIT - one other tip. When blocking on right it's quite particular on where you stand behind the wall, it's not just in the circle but within a specific couple of feet. Make sure the blocker looks up to check the circle has gone white so that they know they're in the right spot.
Yep. It's the easiest challenge ever, using this method.

zewone

The meta will be the strategy where the relic holder blocks the two ports while the other 5 DPS from the back of the arena so they don't have to worry about adds.

It's extremely fast, less than 2 minutes and a decent relic holder should have no issues staying alive.

Top Bottom