• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Ryck

Alright guys, I feel kinda nuts here, I talked about this a bit on discord but I figured since hardly anyone populates both places I would ask here as well. I posted a video on my Youtube channel yesterday morning with a bunch of Gaffers in it. This is the video.

https://youtu.be/XQFt1F05E6Q

It was us dropping Templar in 35-37 seconds. I cannot take credit for the strat in anyway, we tried different things until we came to this strat. I am more than positive it was the Relic guy who I don't know that well Zenkii who had the idea. Anyway after a few attempts it did indeed work and we were able to down the Templar and fast.

I of course posted on my channel and on here and also a subsequent one with a variation and with LTWOOD running relic. My videos average 30-40 views if that. In truth more than anything my channel is something for me and my friends as a sort of catalog of the times we are having. I was blown away last night to see that my video had over 700 views, lots of comments and likes, it was a cool thing to happen right?

This morning I wake up and a few of my friends are asking if I have seen MesaSean's new video, I of course see it and yeah there are some similarities there. I realize that a very similar strat was posted on Reddit as well but it had some minor minor differences. (mostly the path of the relic runner) in any case I did see some similarities the way he describes the strat and the order of the words but I guess the part that kinda got to me was when he mentions the timing of it. Basically going out of his way to say it isn't 30 seconds and actually 36.5 seconds which is closer to 40 seconds.

A few of my buddies said that might be a reference to my video and the fact that I titled the video as a 30 second kill, which was totally tongue and cheek, I even joked about it with ZW and LTWOOD and others on Discord. So I am sitting here with a bad taste basically and maybe my friends and I are reading way too much into it. Thought I would vent about here and maybe get some voices of reason to tell me that I am crazy. Here is his video.

https://youtu.be/5e-B2rfB4hE

I would also like to note that I am a big fan of his. I have been subscribed to him for years and I watch his video's almost daily. Not sure what to think or feel but at the moment I feel kinda bummed and I am not sure why.

Whoyouare

The meta will be the strategy where the relic holder blocks the two ports while the other 5 DPS from the back of the arena so they don't have to worry about adds.

It's extremely fast, less than 2 minutes and a decent relic holder should have no issues staying alive.

I agree. This was how we ended up finishing it last night.

Gonna try the Atheon challenge tonight. I am sure that is going to be quite stressful.

thabiz

Let's try this again.

Looking to do a b2b crota/VoG run tonight for 8pm EST.

3.manthatyoufear
4.Cybrwzrd
5.Ayz88
6.Spaaaaaaaaace

Full

A quick armour run on crota and CM if needed for VoG.

I agree. This was how we ended up finishing it last night.

Gonna try the Atheon challenge tonight. I am sure that is going to be quite stressful.

Its not, just great communication, and really if you can get all 6 to kill an oracle, just once; you can down Atheon in one round with Sleepers Weapons, and 2 tethers.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I thought aksis and oryx challenges are harder. Of the two, Templar is definitely harder.

Remember we played vog for years. It would take Bungie a lot more than that to really challenge vets. Pun intended.

Ryck

I thought aksis and oryx challenges are harder. Of the two, Templar is definitely harder.

Remember we played vog for years. It would take Bungie a lot more than that to really challenge vets. Pun intended.

I still haven't done Aksis challenge . 😰

Also, Bungie is all about the casual players. That's why the challenges are easy.

Mindlog

Scorpio brings up a neat point. Would have been neat that instead of paying for exclusivity of content or in addition to Sony had funded some better PS4 Pro updates.

Right now if I get Destiny 2 I'm strongly leaning Scorpio. I love PC, but I hate being tech support for others :p

Scorpio brings up a neat point. Would have been neat that instead of paying for exclusivity of content or in addition to Sony had funded some better PS4 Pro updates.

Right now if I get Destiny 2 I'm strongly leaning Scorpio. I love PC, but I hate being tech support for others :p

The only way they'll get me for D2 on xbox/scorpio is if the PC and xbox one servers share the same back end, so you can play on either platform and level up the same character.

Remember, PS4 will have once again exclusive timed content for Destiny 2. In D1 imo the content, especially the extra weapons, was enough to make a difference imo. Just like for The Division the fact that DLCs dropped a MONTH earlier on xbox was crazy - just too bad not many people played that game past launch.

Unfortunately they still haven't released what content will be exclusive and for how long, but I imagine it'd be the same - some extra gear, some extra weapons, an extra strike and PVP map. Thats a lot of extra content you get "for free".

I'm still buying a scorpio just for the extra power and maybe i"ll double dip on D2 down the road but for right now my plan is still PS4 (Pro) at launch.

zewone

Funded PS4 Pro update?

That's not how it works. It's up to the developer to make the Pro mode. Sony only sets certain criteria the Pro mode must meet, but other than that, theirs nothing their money could have done to improve the visuals on PS4 Pro.

shermas

Alright guys, I feel kinda nuts here, I talked about this a bit on discord but I figured since hardly anyone populates both places I would ask here as well. I posted a video on my Youtube channel yesterday morning with a bunch of Gaffers in it. This is the video.

https://youtu.be/XQFt1F05E6Q

It was us dropping Templar in 35-37 seconds. I cannot take credit for the strat in anyway, we tried different things until we came to this strat. I am more than positive it was the Relic guy who I don't know that well Zenkii who had the idea. Anyway after a few attempts it did indeed work and we were able to down the Templar and fast.

I of course posted on my channel and on here and also a subsequent one with a variation and with LTWOOD running relic. My videos average 30-40 views if that. In truth more than anything my channel is something for me and my friends as a sort of catalog of the times we are having. I was blown away last night to see that my video had over 700 views, lots of comments and likes, it was a cool thing to happen right?

This morning I wake up and a few of my friends are asking if I have seen MesaSean's new video, I of course see it and yeah there are some similarities there. I realize that a very similar strat was posted on Reddit as well but it had some minor minor differences. (mostly the path of the relic runner) in any case I did see some similarities the way he describes the strat and the order of the words but I guess the part that kinda got to me was when he mentions the timing of it. Basically going out of his way to say it isn't 30 seconds and actually 36.5 seconds which is closer to 40 seconds.

A few of my buddies said that might be a reference to my video and the fact that I titled the video as a 30 second kill, which was totally tongue and cheek, I even joked about it with ZW and LTWOOD and others on Discord. So I am sitting here with a bad taste basically and maybe my friends and I are reading way too much into it. Thought I would vent about here and maybe get some voices of reason to tell me that I am crazy. Here is his video.

https://youtu.be/5e-B2rfB4hE

I would also like to note that I am a big fan of his. I have been subscribed to him for years and I watch his video's almost daily. Not sure what to think or feel but at the moment I feel kinda bummed and I am not sure why.

I hope he didn't rip you off.

I spent way TOO long inside the Templar room this morning... watching your videos makes me want to get better at running relic so I can more easily help people with the encounter.

The upper right side gets sketchy with all the adds.

zewone

Is Destiny 2 gonna be the best on Xbox Scorpio?

3Xk7fH8l.png

Ryck

I hope he didn't rip you off.

I spent way TOO long inside the Templar room this morning... watching your videos makes me want to get better at running relic so I can more easily help people with the encounter.

The upper right side gets sketchy with all the adds.
Funny you mention that, I just tried my first run as the RR using that strat. I died but they managed to kill the Templar before it wiped us. I am mediocre at best as a RR so if I can do it anyone can do it. I might make a vid for it in a bit.

Edit: Watching it I realize I didn't utilize my vanish bombs enough. I should have done that with sealed grasps.

Trakan

It is low. My average was two pieces per character.

Also, having completed the Atheon challenge three times, I call it 70% skill, 20% luck, 10% bullshit.

What makes you say that? I've beaten it three times as well, and I find it easier than I thought it would be.

Just joined a lfg group. Wish me luck. Lol

Its 50/50

Sometimes amazing, sometimes its so bad.

Last night I joined a group at Tempalr I kid you not as I dropped in:

Player one: "Listen to me you stupid m*ther f*cker if you stand here he will not hit you."
Player two: "What the f*ck is the point of this BS strategy................."

I left before they revived me, I don't need that in my life.

Team two I joined from LFG completed the entire raid in 45-50 min. And everything was amazing.

shermas

Its 50/50

Player one: "Listen to me you stupid m*ther f*cker if you stand here he will not hit you."

Team two I joined from LFG completed the entire raid in 45-50 min. And everything was amazing.

THIS.

I bailed on a group at Templar today... right when I joined, a kid was saying "I'm so LIT with the relic, it's no problem." That was a huge red flag, but I stuck around.

50 minutes later, we were still there. Relic runner kept getting dropped, we couldn't clear adds, one guy would just stop shooting and hide when things got messy, etc.

Found another team, finished the fight in three tries.

Yesterday, I found a random LFG team for Atheon, we flew in and nailed it first try... took like five minutes. It was glorious.

May RNGesus give you good and nice teamates!

Its 50/50

Done. It was ok. First try in everything but templar and atheon.

I was relic on templar doing both teleports and it worked fine even as a warlock. 3rd try.

Atheon was more complex because everybody on the team wanted to speak something all the time so it was tough. But we got him on 7th try.

1:40:00 total time.

Dynomutt

Okay so a bit stuck wanted some advice!

Been grinding and currently sit at 249 light on my way to 300.

Probably infused way more than I should as I did not understand it yet.

Should I be focusing on:

-Strikes

-Quests

-Court of Oryx

to increase my light further?

Thanks!

edit: I know better later than never! Didn't realize I somehow had the license for this unless it is free to all. Figured I might as well!

Dthomp

Should I be focusing on:

-Strikes

-Quests

-Court of Oryx

Thanks!

edit: I know better later than never! Didn't realize I somehow had the license for this unless it is free to all. Figured I might as well!

Strikes, pretty much only strikes. Blues will drop up to 385 for you. Don't bother with Court, Quests are usually quick but not great rewards

Also use Legendary Marks to buy Vendor items at 350 to help raise your level quicker

Should I be focusing on:

-Strikes

-Quests

-Court of Oryx

Thanks!

Use your legendary marks to buy Vender gear. The gear is 380. This will give you massive boosts. Always wear your highest light gear when picking up rep packages and decrypting. Rep packages do not stack, always pick them up.

Strikes will help you level up quickly with good blue gear. High LL artifacts can be found in the chest at the end of a strike (skeleton key needed). Some exotic quests end in high LL exotics. The end of RoI story ends in 340 Exotic heavy.

The_Shepherd

Neo Member
I haven't played Destiny since prior to the past expansion so I wanted to finish the Mountaintop quest on my Warlock but I didn't realize that the Age of Triumph prevents me from finishing the quest. I learned after I spent the past hour playing through 7 elimination matches and finishing the Trials Practice step. I don't think I'll ever play that game type again unless some other quest comes up that would require me to. Too competitive and stressful for my liking. I probably should've checked to see if the quest could still be finished but a notification or just deleting the quest in general would've been nice.

Also I got a lovely message from some person on my team because on my last game we were up 4-0 and ended up losing and I played horribly.

I haven't played Destiny since prior to the past expansion so I wanted to finish the Mountaintop quest on my Warlock but I didn't realize that the Age of Triumph prevents me from finishing the quest. I learned after I spent the past hour playing through 7 elimination matches and finishing the Trials Practice step. I don't think I'll ever play that game type again unless some other quest comes up that would require me to. Too competitive and stressful for my liking. I probably should've checked to see if the quest could still be finished but a notification or just deleting the quest in general would've been nice.

Also I got a lovely message from some person on my team because on my last game we were up 4-0 and ended up losing and I played horribly.

What's preventing you from finishing the quest? If it's that a Crucible game type is missing, then it will likely be available next week as they rotate week to week.

Top Bottom