• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

What's preventing you from finishing the quest? If it's that a Crucible game type is missing, then it will likely be available next week as they rotate week to week.

They got rid of the quest line in general. If you currently have any of the steps in the quest, completing one will delete the quest. This is by design. They just don't want the quest in game any more.

When I finished the Trials Practice step the next step didn't show up in my quest log. I went to Bungie's site and it stated that the quest can't be finished post Age of Triumph. It's not a big deal I just wish I knew that prior to trying elimination.

http://https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/44963

They got rid of the quest line in general. If you currently have any of the steps in the quest, completing one will delete the quest. This is by design. They just don't want the quest in game any more.

Oh wow. Didn't know that. They definitely should've just removed the quest from the queue of anyone that still had it logged in that case. Guess they couldn't for whatever reason.

That questline definitely was a giant pain in the ass though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So are the last two challenges the same or did they change things?

Silver Vex looks nice.

w4fSw0u.png

Foxxsoxx

So are the last two challenges the same or did they change things?

Silver Vex looks nice.

w4fSw0u.png

Fairly sure they're the same, just all the challenges at once.

Vex sure does look nice, shame they didn't buff accuracy or at least give it a bigger mag to stop it from being trash tier.

Novocaine

I decided to get the collection disc on XB1 and I have a few questions I hope some of you guys can help me with.

Regarding the level 40 boosts, do I get one for each class or just one? Also does every account on my system get to use them or just one and done?

Also what are the chances of me getting to see the raids this late in the game? I've bought in accepting that I may not get to see them and if that's the case any SP stuff will be fine.

Looking forward to giving this another crack, it seems like a good palate cleanser from all of the Japanese stuff I've been absorbed in.

Zocano

Yah I don't know if I'll be doing PC or PS4 for Destiny 2 as well. I'm waiting to see how it shakes out amongst y'all and go where the #s are.

Spades

Regarding the level 40 boosts, do I get one for each class or just one? Also does every account on my system get to use them or just one and done?

You just get the one. And as far as I know, it doesn't level-up any of your sub-class nodes and just takes your character to level 40 overall.

Also what are the chances of me getting to see the raids this late in the game? I've bought in accepting that I may not get to see them and if that's the case any SP stuff will be fine.

You can get yourself raid ready pretty easily these days with how generous the game is with loot. Lots of activities give loot up to max LL now and I'd say you'd need to be around 370+ to have an enjoyable AoT raid experience.

Of course, you can always play the VoG, Crota and KF raids at much lower light if you just want to experience the raid itself without the new AoT loot.

I decided to get the collection disc on XB1

I'm also on Xbox One and would be happy to help you out whenever you need. My tag is "Block Mate" if you want to run anything together. Drop me a PM if you'd like and I can send you details of the100.io group I'm in which will give you a few other guys and gals to play with, too.

Novocaine

You just get the one. And as far as I know, it doesn't level-up any of your sub-class nodes and just takes your character to level 40 overall.

You can get yourself raid ready pretty easily these days with how generous the game is with loot. Lots of activities give loot up to max LL now and I'd say you'd need to be around 370+ to have an enjoyable AoT raid experience.

Of course, you can always play the VoG, Crota and KF raids at much lower light if you just want to experience the raid itself without the new AoT loot.

I'm also on Xbox One and would be happy to help you out whenever you need. My tag is "Block Mate" if you want to run anything together. Drop me a PM if you'd like and I can send you details of the100.io group I'm in which will give you a few other guys and gals to play with, too.

Thanks I added you on Xbox. I'll get in touch once I get closer to the level cap, it would be nice to try the raids out. I used to play high level WoW so they are honestly the part I'm the most interested in.

Bummer about the level boost but I probably wasn't going to use one anyway. One of the boys plays Destiny on PS4 at his dad's house so I'll let him use it I think.

Thanks I added you on Xbox. I'll get in touch once I get closer to the level cap, it would be nice to try the raids out. I used to play high level WoW so they are honestly the part I'm the most interested in.

Bummer about the level boost but I probably wasn't going to use one anyway. One of the boys plays Destiny on PS4 at his dad's house so I'll let him use it I think.

Hi - my GT is the same as here, I am in the UK so on at some UK times.

Just to manage your expectations - "relatively easy" is probably still a LOT of hours of playing the game...it's just a lot less than before.

I'd say completing the story missions and the strike missions along the way is probably 15-20 hours. Getting up to level 40....I really don't know - I think you might hit this if you do bounties along the way.

Getting to 400...I'd guess getting to 380/390 will be around 30-40 hours but that's a bit of a guess. Maybe it will be a little less. Getting to 400 from there is anywhere from a few hours (doing a few raids with a competent team) to 10-20 hours of doing nightfalls and strikes.

General tips:-

1. Whenever you log in to play, collect bounties. There are daily ones from the bounty robot and weekly ones from the Vanguard (PvE) and Crucible (PvP) depending on your poison. These give "free" XP as you do missions etc and they get completed.

2. Don't lose heart with the early story

3. When you get engrams ALWAYS have your highest light gear equipped. The light level they decrypt at depends on your current level.

4. Vendor gear will bump you up fast, try to get marks and collect marks as soon as you can.

Novocaine

I think each account on your Xbox will get a level 40 boost token. The game doesn't know whose disc is in the tray.

Also on Xbone if you want to add me.

Hi - my GT is the same as here, I am in the UK so on at some UK times.

Just to manage your expectations - "relatively easy" is probably still a LOT of hours of playing the game...it's just a lot less than before.

I'd say completing the story missions and the strike missions along the way is probably 15-20 hours. Getting up to level 40....I really don't know - I think you might hit this if you do bounties along the way.

Getting to 400...I'd guess getting to 380/390 will be around 30-40 hours but that's a bit of a guess. Maybe it will be a little less. Getting to 400 from there is anywhere from a few hours (doing a few raids with a competent team) to 10-20 hours of doing nightfalls and strikes.

General tips:-

1. Whenever you log in to play, collect bounties. There are daily ones from the bounty robot and weekly ones from the Vanguard (PvE) and Crucible (PvP) depending on your poison. These give "free" XP as you do missions etc and they get completed.

2. Don't lose heart with the early story

3. When you get engrams ALWAYS have your highest light gear equipped. The light level they decrypt at depends on your current level.

4. Vendor gear will bump you up fast, try to get marks and collect marks as soon as you can.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll add you both to friends as well.

I decided to take the advice and boost to 40 so I've been running the story missions on hard to compensate. The boost gave me 240 light level worth of gear.

I have another question though, how do I know how to level my class skills up? And is it worth doing both striker and defender at the same time or focus on one at a time?

Thanks for the info guys. I'll add you both to friends as well.

I decided to take the advice and boost to 40 so I've been running the story missions on hard to compensate. The boost gave me 240 light level worth of gear.

I have another question though, how do I know how to level my class skills up? And is it worth doing both striker and defender at the same time or focus on one at a time?
It's better to focus on one and finish it, so by the time that's done leveling you have it ready for strikes and nightfall and raids and stuff.

Whichever class you have selected, is what will level as you play.

The early perks unlock much faster than the last ones. I think it's worth getting the first row done on all subclasses so you have at least something to use with them in various activities that might favour one subclass over another, and then finishing them off as you see fit.

Just select the one you want to level but aren't (yet) enjoying and turn bounties in, then switch back to the other and play more. Or just play one until it's finished.

For those who favor scout rifles there is an Angel's Advocate with Outlaw, Explosive Rounds, and Firefly at the Vanguard Quartermaster.

This one is part of the Mida Multi-Tool archetype scout with a rapid-fire.

I have a Keystone 01 with the same perks as the Angel's Advocate and it hits harder but I find the faster firing scouts to be more versatile and this one in particular feels light & snappy with easily controllable recoil.

I nicknamed these weapons that fit the rapid-firing with Explosive Rounds and Firefly setup as the Fire-Spitters. The Full-Auto, Explosive Round, and Firefly scout rifle still eludes me however.

For those who favor scout rifles there is an Angel's Advocate with Outlaw, Explosive Rounds, and Firefly at the Vanguard Quartermaster.

This one is part of the Mida Multi-Tool archetype scout with a rapid-fire.

I have a Keystone 01 with the same perks as the Angel's Advocate and it hits harder but I find the faster firing scouts to be more versatile and this one in particular feels light & snappy with easily controllable recoil.

I nicknamed these weapons that fit the rapid-firing with Explosive Rounds and Firefly setup as the Fire-Spitters. The Full-Auto, Explosive Round, and Firefly scout rifle still eludes me however.

Explosive rounds and firefly on the same scout is a bad idea.

I'm gonna buy it and test it just to see if it makes my ps4 crash.

Nothing to do with explosive rounds, firefly by itself can cause a double explosion and crash the game.

Yeah, I've always heard this but I don't have a problem getting Firefly or Outlaw to proc so I don't know...I like the setup.

If you get a kill from the explosion damage, even if it's a crit, outlaw and firefly won't proc.

It's way worse on a scout due to lower impact.

If you get a kill from the explosion damage, even if it's a crit, outlaw and firefly won't proc.

It's way worse on a scout due to lower impact.

I'm seeing an awful lot of "Outlaw" (and obviously noticing the absurdly fast reload) in the bottom left of the screen while visually seeing a lot of heads popping so, again, I don't know. It's a brute force type weapon setup that is fun, for me, to play strikes and whatnot.

Trials map this week is Dungeons, which proves that Bungie has no idea how to design competitive multiplayer anymore.

The capture point is on the bottom. The heavy ammo is on the bottom. All of the entrances to the bottom are within fire of sniper lanes or otherwise grenade deathtraps. Literally the only strategy on this map is going to be rush the bottom, ignoring the other 2/3rds of the map because there is absolutely no incentive to move there - no sightlines, no objective, nothing. I don't even need to play the map to know it's going to be a disaster.

Bold One

Trials map this week is Dungeons, which proves that Bungie has no idea how to design competitive multiplayer anymore.

The capture point is on the bottom. The heavy ammo is on the bottom. All of the entrances to the bottom are within fire of sniper lanes or otherwise grenade deathtraps. Literally the only strategy on this map is going to be rush the bottom, ignoring the other 2/3rds of the map because there is absolutely no incentive to move there - no sightlines, no objective, nothing. I don't even need to play the map to know it's going to be a disaster.

Of course they don't care, that's because the interns have been in charge of Destiny 1 for about a year now. The real devs are still working on D2.

Deku Tree

Bungie should just do inferno trials on SkyShock and call it a day.

LTWood12

Yep explosive rounds are better paired w/ perks not requiring precision kills. Crowd Control and Reactive Reload in particular are great w/ explosive rounds for pve.

I actually got this roll from Sunrise last night. Slightly better than the Vendor version w/ Reflex & Perfect Balance. Basically a fun weapon to use on patrol or when small arms is a modifier.

62tGzCPl.jpg

Got the game to freeze last night on XBox getting Knuckles of Eao to proc on Gatekeeper when I was dead. Happened to another guy on my fireteam as well. Saw it listed in the weekly update, so hurray, I guess.

Nothing to do with explosive rounds, firefly by itself can cause a double explosion and crash the game.

Still?

I'm 100% convinced that everyone needs to have Sleeper on for Atheon Challenge. Taking him out in one cycle will help so much. So many people have problems with not dying to him. I don't get it.

2 characters so far and I've gotten:
  • Vision (Adept)
  • Timepiece (Adept)
  • Epoliogue (Legendary + Adept)
  • Foil
  • Hezen
  • Corrective Measure
  • Fatebringer (Adept)

All I want now is the Revenge, I don't even care about the Vex anymore since its still a hot mess.
Overall pretty satisfied. Once I got the Revenge I probably wont do VoG anymore. I want Crota for the Warlock armor, and I'm only going to do Kings Fall for shits and giggles by joining LFG teams while intoxicated.

Got the game to freeze last night on XBox getting Knuckles of Eao to proc on Gatekeeper when I was dead. Happened to another guy on my fireteam as well. Saw it listed in the weekly update, so hurray, I guess.

This happened to me on Crota. First time I beat it, but I had already activated Knuckles. May have been cause we did the challenge and I guess my Xbox was overwhelmed with emotion that it was finally over.

Havent had a freeze since, and firefly hasnt been an issue all year.

FinKL

I'm 100% convinced that everyone needs to have Sleeper on for Atheon Challenge. Taking him out in one cycle will help so much. So many people have problems with not dying to him. I don't get it.

Right, I feel your frustration. Everyone wants to make sure they kill their Oracle that they just forgo add duty before and after DPS phase.
Supplicants right by portal and explode as you exit? Check
Handful of Supplicants firing at you during dps phase and kill you as you exit relic shield? Check
Remaining Supplicants bunch near you when you are detained? Check
I'll also add people still using Rocket Launchers oh man we jokingly roosted one guy lol

I don't mind when the relic holder dies to the adds that spawn in the teleporter room, because it's pretty RNG if they bunch up or not, but those Supplicants add up.

2 characters so far and I've gotten:
  • Vision (Adept)
  • Timepiece (Adept)
  • Epoliogue (Legendary + Adept)
  • Foil
  • Hezen
  • Corrective Measure
  • Fatebringer (Adept)

All I want now is the Revenge, I don't even care about the Vex anymore since its still a hot mess.
Overall pretty satisfied. Once I got the Revenge I probably wont do VoG anymore. I want Crota for the Warlock armor, and I'm only going to do Kings Fall for shits and giggles by joining LFG teams while intoxicated.

After today's final run for the week I have all the Adept primaries (with the exception of the Fatebringer), the Vex Mythoclast, Praetorian Foil, and the Hezen Vengeance as far as weapons go.

I also got the Titan helmet & gauntlets and the Hunter helmet.

Zero Legendary VoG primary weapons. It seemed like every group I was with it was raining those for everyone else.

Top Bottom