• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Atheon Epilogue is the fastest oracle killer.

I'm just trying to come up with a better loadout considering I have all the Adept versions of the VoG primaries and no Legendary primaries. I have the Foil and Vengeance Legendary wise.

I'm going to go high-impact scout Keystone 01 with Outlaw/Firefly, Praetorian Foil, and Sleeper next time/if I do it again. Two-shotting Oracles doesn't sound bad and considering a successful run should take no longer than two-cycles (hopefully one, obviously) ammo shouldn't be a problem (four Foil rounds and 9-12 Sleeper rounds).

cooldawn

Two weeks ago you'd have been stuck queuing in Classic playlist so. Technically you had more options (3 Classic playlists vs. the current 1). The big difference, and I say this as somebody who played a lot of Classic 6v6, is that the population in those playlists was abysmal. Matchmaking took several minutes between games and it would often be both laggy and severely lopsided. There just aren't enough legacy players to populate multiple playlists.

Now you can queue in the Weekly featured playlist with the *entire* population regardless of DLC purchased, with access to every map (subject to that week's mode rotation). This ensures quicker matchmaking with a significantly higher population so you have a better chance of good connections and even-ish skill in the lobby.

It sucks that you can't chose what playlist you want to hop on to specifically anymore, but to borrow your term, you only technically could. In a few weeks when all the current Age of Triumph push subsides the entire player base is sinking and unconsolidated Classic playlists "taken from you" we're going to be graveyards anyways.
Thanks for these details.

I get why they do it...I just wish there was a way it didn't force me to play a mode I don't like on a 3rd of the maps available to me that are always played a night (I'm not sure why they are all night-time right now).

It sucks.

This core DLC business model is rubbish.

I'm just trying to come up with a better loadout considering I have all the Adept versions of the VoG primaries and no Legendary primaries. I have the Foil and Vengeance Legendary wise.

I'm going to go high-impact scout Keystone 01 with Outlaw/Firefly, Praetorian Foil, and Sleeper next time/if I do it again. Two-shotting Oracles doesn't sound bad and considering a successful run should take no longer than two-cycles (hopefully one, obviously) ammo shouldn't be a problem (four Foil rounds and 9-12 Sleeper rounds).
High impact scouts are really bad Oracle killers. Foil will 2 shot them. But if you don't have legendary epilogue. A doctrine type weapon is pretty good also. Or you'll have to go spindle with heavy machine gun or some variant.
Perhaps a mid tier scout with explosive rounds

Daffy Duck

This game fucking sucks for explaining things to players.

I cannot start a patrol 101 mission to save my god damn life. I've looked online but that doesn't happen for me. I've found a beacon on the very first level but cannot activate it despite me having done this mission and being level 12.

Anyone care to explain before I snap my disc in half

I also can't do the dark garden level because I'm not level 15, but that's the only non expansion I can do, how did people level up before those expansions came out to tackle the dark garden?

I cannot start a patrol 101 mission to save my god damn life. I've looked online but that doesn't happen for me. I've found a beacon on the very first level but cannot activate it despite me having done this mission and being level 12.

Anyone care to explain before I snap my disc in half

I also can't do the dark garden level because I'm not level 15, but that's the only non expansion I can do, how did people level up before those expansions came out to tackle the dark garden?

The game doesnt have time to explain to you why it doesnt have time to explain.

What is a patrol 101 mission?

As for leveling, you can replay story missions at higher light levels (though not sure if they changed that after Y1?) and well also patrols on the planets. Also do all the bounties you can.

Daffy Duck

Patrol 101 is one of the initial missions I think which explains patrols but I can't see how to start one to kill enemies lol

Insaniac

Hey guys, my friends and I are trying to round up one more person for a VoG run at 9pm EST (PS4).

Anyone want to help? We have 3 hunters 1 warlock and titan.

We haven't attempted the new VoG yet, but we're all veterans at the game.

Just reply to me here, or throw me a message on PSN, TheLintendo, or PM me

Daffy Duck

Are you in a story mission? To do patrols you have to be in patrol, not a normal mission.

What the hell is the difference??

I went to the first mission area where you scan the ship, is that not how you do a patrol?

Edit: oh I see it on earth, it says patrol the cosmodrome. Now I feel stupid.

Sounds like you're in a mission go back to orbit and look for the green patrol icon on the map. Also you can always track a quest and have a purple icon over where you have to go.

I went to the first mission area where you scan the ship, is that not how you do a patrol?

If you select Earth, you will see a green circle on the map. This is the patrol. Story missions are brown circles. Your best bet is to just skip it if it's giving you a hard time. You aren't missing out on much with patrols. You should try to level up with bounties and strikes to get high enough to finish off the vanilla story. After that, move on to DLC.

Arrrammis

Nope. There are normal mission and then there's a patrol node on each planet. When you hover over it from the mission select screen, it says "Patrol Cosmodrome" instead of whatever mission name. It's the green one in the pic below:
destiny-earth-map.png

Daffy Duck

I just tried the second crota level and got smashed by that thing in the water with his super sword attack from miles away.
:/

High impact scouts are really bad Oracle killers. Foil will 2 shot them. But if you don't have legendary epilogue. A doctrine type weapon is pretty good also. Or you'll have to go spindle with heavy machine gun or some variant.
Perhaps a mid tier scout with explosive rounds

I wasn't planning on using the Keystone 01 (just Supplicants and general use if needed) for Oracles but rather the Foil and/or Sleeper if needed depending on the ammo situation.

I guess the closest thing I have to the Doctrine would be the Arminius-D w/ Army of One, Spray and Play, and Rifled Barrel, the Extremophile 011 w/ Armor Piercing Rounds, Hammer Forged, and Rangefinder, or the Haakon's Hatchet w/ Crowd Control, Reinforced Barrel, and Counterbalance.

I'm fine with using the Adept Epilogue, Vision, or Timepiece for Oracles and using the If Materia machine gun and a sniper for DPS phase but would rather have a setup where I could use the Sleeper for DPS.

I would gladly trade the Adept Epilogue or Timepiece for the regular Legendary version but you'd have trouble getting the Adept Vision from me as it's super deadly/fun with solar burn in other activities.

Jesus. The Atheon challenge is hard as balls.

I'm certainly not going to claim that it's easy or anything but if you are super organized and communicative during the encounter it should get to a point where it goes pretty smoothly.

...And by organized and communicative I mean in the simplest and most complex terms of announcing where you've been teleported to (Mars/Venus - Past/Future), announce who is taking down Oracle 1, 2 when you get teleported in with the Relic holder/runner taking down 3, find a dedicated spot to be cleansed like the middle and/or by the door, announce to the player(s) who are holding the portal open that you are coming out, remember Oracle location especially for the 4, 5, and 6 Oracle in both Mars and Venus, remember to turn right coming out of Venus and left when coming out of Mars to go to center, use WoL bubble and Nightstalker tether for DPS and get out at 5 seconds during Atheon's Time's Vengeance if you aren't close enough to take him down during that phase.

There are many other small details you really need to adhere to in order to have a smooth and efficient run and eliminate the hope of luck.

Perineum

Is 390 light enough to run VoG?

My buddy is grinding, and I am 398 light, and he is 388. We were hoping to run it tomorrow if we get him to 390, but unsure if it is doable or not. We aren't worried about doing any of the challenges though. Just want to get the new gear.

Is 390 light enough to run VoG?

My buddy is grinding, and I am 398 light, and he is 388. We were hoping to run it tomorrow if we get him to 390, but unsure if it is doable or not. We aren't worried about doing any of the challenges though. Just want to get the new gear.

Yup. He's probably at a good enough LL now if he knows the fights.

zewone

Has Storm Fist always been a one guy kill in PvP?

That seems pretty broken.
Question: Can you get trials weapons from Crucible bounties or is it only Trials bounties?
I got Trials guns from one of the crucible bounties. I forgot which one. They started giving out Trials gear with AoT.

Top Bottom