• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

I've been a little out of the loop this week. Are the VoG challenge modes really hard? Trying to decided if I should skip them and just do a normal run instead.

Waiting for public events RNG is the worst :(

Defend the warsat on Earth is impossible

DCX

Agreed.

Ghazi

If you are doing Public Events for the AoT Milestone you can just do Archon's Forge or Court of Oryx activities and get it done rather quickly. Well, the former definitely works and I'm assuming the latter in CoO works as well.

Otherwise, yeah, it's super annoying waiting for them but there is/was a website that was pretty accurate at tracking them and letting players know at what time, where, and what particular event was about to happen.

Edit: Here it is...

http://destinypublicevents.com/

If you are doing Public Events for the AoT Milestone you can just do Archon's Forge or Court of Oryx activities and get it done rather quickly. Well, the former definitely works and I'm assuming the latter in CoO works as well.

Otherwise, yeah, it's super annoying waiting for them but there is/was a website that was pretty accurate at tracking them and letting players know at what time, where, and what particular event was about to happen.

Court of Oryx doesn't count for the 20 public events.

DCX

DCX

I downloaded the app. I'm trying to do the Sleeper Simulant quest. Warsat on moon, Earth and Mars.

I sat in the forgotten shore for about two hours and everything but defend the warsat spawned :(

DCX

I downloaded the app. I'm trying to do the Sleeper Simulant quest. Warsat on moon, Earth and Mars.

I sat in the forgotten shore for about two hours and everything but defend the warsat spawned :(

DCX
Don't wait in one place. If you are using the app you should be jumping among all of the locations a defend the warsat can spawn at the time of the event. Of course, it's luck of the draw after that.

Well, coming back to Destiny after several months has made me realize one noticeable fact: the FOV (field-of-view) is very limited in destiny. If Bungie hopes to make D2 great for both console and PC versions, the FOV has to dramatically increase, as well as, the movement speed, both on the horizontal plane and vertical plane. It is rather jarring to play D1 now due to the limited peripheral vision.

Beat new VoG, failed Atheon challenge and decided it wasn't worth the hassle. However two of our guys made out with Vex Mythocasts so guess you don't need to do the challenge, just pure luck. We did the Templar challenge and NO ONE got Fatebringer. I would like a solar and a void primary but the game likes to throw me arc weapons.

My raid gear is 1/2 Crota and 1/2 Vault, I might actually try Kings Fall despite my grievances with it with this group because how well we worked together despite the wipes. We're laid back, 3 of them are dads so none of that cursing/trash talking/nerdrage BS. (Two of the dads have teen/adult sons that play so none of that mess) We had fun!

Court of Oryx doesn't count for the 20 public events.

So, what's the reasoning for this? If it's because of not being "Year 3" content then only Public Events completed in the Plaguelands should count (this isn't how it currently works is it?).

I really hope they find interesting ways to keep all content (no matter the activity) relevant in Destiny 2. Basically meaning having a version of an activity at the current highest LL or higher even. I get that loot might have to change considering some previous gear/weapons may break newly created content but there has to be a solution for that as well. I kinda hope they have something similar to The Division's World Tier system on top of difficulty selections but still with unique rewards for different activities.

So, what's the reasoning for this? If it's because of not being "Year 3" content then only Public Events completed in the Plaguelands should count (this isn't how it currently works is it?).

I really hope they find interesting ways to keep all content (no matter the activity) relevant in Destiny 2. Basically meaning having a version of an activity at the current highest LL or higher even. I get that loot might have to change considering some previous gear/weapons may break newly created content but there has to be a solution for that as well. I kinda hope they have something similar to The Division's World Tier system on top of difficulty selections but still with unique rewards for different activities.

I assume it has something to do with how Court of Oyrx was programmed/built. It's also the only activity that I can think of that drops stuff at a set LL. As in the drops aren't upgraded with AoT, like everything else is.

Dez_

Well, coming back to Destiny after several months has made me realize one noticeable fact: the FOV (field-of-view) is very limited in destiny. If Bungie hopes to make D2 great for both console and PC versions, the FOV has to dramatically increase, as well as, the movement speed, both on the horizontal plane and vertical plane. It is rather jarring to play D1 now due to the limited peripheral vision.

The FoV was definitely noticeable, especially after coming back from Titanfall 2, which had an adjustable slider. It made me feel like you were pressing your face up against your helmet too much. I adjusted shortly afterwards, but it is a bit jarring at first.

Wasted potential - both CoO and Archon's Forge.

Could have easily made them a separate activity from the playlist and allow more than 6 players to access it like a free for all horde mode.

CoO - sometimes you can't get a rune to drop no matter how much you play.

Forge - hide it deep inside patrol so many players have no idea what and where it is. Also, RNG offerings smh

Would have been a great alternative to the strike playlist. PoE is just hot garbage, nobody likes that mode. Could have easily replaced it with CoO or Forge.

Jaraghan

I booted up Destiny again. Last time I played was Rise of Iron 3rd week. I see they added a new record book, but do I have to get 100% book completion to hit rank 7? Because I never did an activity in Year 2 Triumph and no activity between Dark Below and House of Wolves.

I booted up Destiny again. Last time I played was Rise of Iron 3rd week. I see they added a new record book, but do I have to get 100% book completion to hit rank 7? Because I never did an activity in Year 2 Triumph and no activity between Dark Below and House of Wolves.

100% isn't every node filled, you can have like two whole pages blank.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hey I'm still in my quest to hit 380 LL. I'm currently at 364 (366 with machine gun).

ps_messages_20170409_p4sgv.jpg

My lowest piece of gear by far is my artifact though. Yet I can't seem to find a better one nor have a seen one for sale to buy with legendary marks.

What's the easiest way to get one that's over 350?

Shiv47

Hey I'm still in my quest to hit 380 LL. I'm currently at 364 (366 with machine gun).

My lowest piece of gear by far is my artifact though. Yet I can't seem to find a better one nor have a seen one for sale to buy with legendary marks.

What's the easiest way to get one that's over 350?

Archon's Forge drops artifacts, strike chests do as well. Forge is probably quickest way to get one.

Vanillalite

Archon's Forge drops artifacts, strike chests do as well. Forge is probably quickest way to get one.

Been doing the weekly Siva Strikes playlist to get my marks, but still no drops.

Guess I'll have to try that Archon's Forge. Thanks for the info!!

Been doing the weekly Siva Strikes playlist to get my marks, but still no drops.

If you're online now I'm gonna run some Forge with a pve scrub, so you can join us.

Which quest is that specifically?

Rank up Eris by donating stuff and her packages can drop artifacts.
You can also go her bounty in court of oryx, that gives a ton of rep too.

hydruxo

Could have easily made them a separate activity from the playlist and allow more than 6 players to access it like a free for all horde mode.

Forge - hide it deep inside patrol so many players have no idea what and where it is. Also, RNG offerings smh

Would have been a great alternative to the strike playlist. PoE is just hot garbage, nobody likes that mode. Could have easily replaced it with CoO or Forge.

Yeah I hope they've learned a lot about what worked and what didn't work from those three and come up with something more cohesive in D2. I always just wanted something more akin to rifts from Diablo 3.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Anyone know where I can find the best price for Destiny for the Xbox 360?
Digital download, Taken King version.

Vanillalite

If you're online now I'm gonna run some Forge with a pve scrub, so you can join us.

Rank up Eris by donating stuff and her packages can drop artifacts.
You can also go her bounty in court of oryx, that gives a ton of rep too.

Thanks for the offer, but I had to take a break and do some shit around the casa.

The weekly quest you get from putting runes into the Dreadnaught for Court of Oryx.

Don't hate me, but I don't even know what this is. LoL

Sorry I'm a noob.

Jabronium

To the prospective raiders, I'm probably out for the next couple hours. Wife has requested dinner. I'll keep an eye on the thread, should be back in a bit if still looking then.

Shiv47

No, I meant the chests you can open with skeleton keys that drop occasionally as strike rewards. That said, Forge is easier and faster, so stick with that.

psyfi

Banned
After two days of sketchy log in issues, I can finally play my PS4 again! I'm installing Destiny now. I'm stoked to check out the TTK (and beyond) content. I dropped out right after House of Wolves. I've heard a lot of systems improved for the better. Here's hoping.

You know what I'm excited about more than anything? Getting to play around with all the unique guns and builds again. I just wish I didn't have to grind so hard to level everything up. It quickly started to feel like busy work when I played in year one. Hopefully that got alleviated a bit.

Anyways, if anyone is in the early game and wants to play, hit me up. PSN = psyfi-

I was surprised when I went to kill Wizards at the Dreadnaught that there were still people doing CoO. We went at it for a solid hour.

I haven't tried Forge in a while cause its always a ghost town now.

Top Bottom