• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

I was surprised when I went to kill Wizards at the Dreadnaught that there were still people doing CoO. We went at it for a solid hour.

I haven't tried Forge in a while cause its always a ghost town now.

CoO counts for one of the steps of the AoT questline, so that's likely why you saw people there.

LawfulEnder

Neo Member
Woof. VoG challenge modes are no joke.

Templar took the group I was with a couple hours, then we just got burnt out when we hit gatekeeper. Hopefully I can find a group tomorrow to help me finish it. I just want that sweet VoG loot, hahah.

Rtas

anyone doing a VoG run tonight on xbox one? Ran it on my warlock, and just got my hunter to 390 so hoping to get a second run done this week

FyreWulff

Anyone know where I can find the best price for Destiny for the Xbox 360?
Digital download, Taken King version.

if cost is a factor you probably want to find a new disc version (so that it still has working codes) hiding in stores somewhere

keep in mind you will need an actual hard drive in your 360, it can't install to a USB drive

Got book rank 7

I was hoping to get an AoT treasure box with my ability to give Bungie money reward.

Is there a reward? (besides emblem)

Rise of Iron isn't on legacy consoles.

360 got cut off at The Taken King.

The digital download is available on the store for $39.99 but I am really not interested in paying that much for it.

My apologies, i read 360 as xbox one for some reason.

Nope

Just give us money

Ha, a preorder screen(again)?

I'm back on the hamster wheel again(just bought Rise of Iron) after about a year off. Got to say I'm fucking loving being back.

I've dropped every other game I was playing (which is the reason I gave it up before). Sorry Horizon, BF1, etc. It's Destiny or everything else.

Ha, a preorder screen(again)?

I'm back on the hamster wheel again(just bought Rise of Iron) after about a year off. Got to say I'm fucking loving being back.

I've dropped every other game I was playing (which is the reason I gave it up before). Sorry Horizon, BF1, etc. It's Destiny or everything else.

Go play Horizon. Destiny is a fine game but cmon, Horizon is way better. In fact, I wish Destiny's story had been half as good as Horizons.

Magik

I hope we get a new crucible experience in D2 cause what we're left with is just garbage.

Even condensed playlists still has population and lag issues.

zewone

Population and lag are just the game showing its age because people have moved on.

This current PvP is the best it's been since Y1 thanks to the special ammo nerf.

Well 3 VoGs and 6 challenge modes:
1 adept Fatebringer
1 regular Fatebringer
1 adept VoC
2 regular VoC
1 adept AE
3 adept Timepiece
1 regular Timepiece
3 Hezen RL

RNG is so weird.

Thanks GAF for the runs Friday and Saturday night! After all the talking up, I look forward to Kings Fall! I look forward to getting 4 Anguish of Drystan...

Kyoufu

Population and lag are just the game showing its age because people have moved on.

This current PvP is the best it's been since Y1 thanks to the special ammo nerf.

I'm gonna have to disagree. tripleWRECK says it best here, it's anti-fun among other things.

https://twitter.com/tripleWRECK/status/850391515419484160

The points he makes about being defenseless against supers and players who are snowballing with special ammo really highlight how Bungie's live team is incapable of balancing PVP these days. Crucible used to be fun but I find it extremely boring today.

I'm gonna have to disagree. tripleWRECK says it best here, it's anti-fun among other things.

The points he makes about being defenseless against supers and players who are snowballing with special ammo really highlight how Bungie's live team is incapable of balancing PVP these days. Crucible used to be fun but I find it extremely boring today.
I'm not the best player in pvp, about average I'd say to above average based on how awake I am.
After a long hiatus of Destiny I've finally come back and pvp is just a fucking mess, I'm grinding through it just to finish my rank 25 book thing and this just painful.

UberLevi

Haven't played since the Age of Triumph update hit (been neck-deep in ME: Andromeda) but is there new stuff for people who don't really raid? I've never done a raid before and I'm still not sure if I wanna run one, but I'd like to hop back into Destiny if there's some new stuff outside of that activity.

psyfi

Banned
I just realized that the DLC code that came with my copy of Destiny: The Collection for PS4 didn't actually download the DLC. When I go to the PS Store it says its purchased, but there's no option to download. What do I need to do? All the DLC content in the game is telling me I don't have the DLC.

Edit : Nevermind, I restarted the game and that worked.

XAL

Need 1 more for VOG Templar challenge on PS4. Experienced person please since 2 people are new to challenge encounter.

Waldini

These VoG challenges are something else. Reminds me of the Aksis challenge mode where timing was key.

We did 3 succesfull runs back-to-back.

First run, 50 minutes.

Second run, close to 2 hours.
We wiped a shit-ton at the Templar. I was the Relic holder and ran from teleport to teleport. Was in the ring, turned white and 2 seconds later the Tempar would just teleport on my head. WIPE! After we went back to Orbit, we made it in one run.

Third run, 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Again, the Templar being a bitch. Went back to Orbit alot quicker this time. One run, down. We wiped alot at the Gatekeepers... those Minotaurs don't fuck around. Smacked me right off the map. Went back to Orbit, pulled out those shields at the first go AND managed to melt Atheon in 1 round.

Got a load of weapons (3x normale Fatebringer, 1 Adapt ... and the rest of the VoG weaponry excluding the Mythoclast) and the rest of the VoG weaponry, all adapt. However, the armor seems to drop at a ridicilous low rate. So far, I've got the Chest and butt-cape for my titan. Chest for my Hunter and Warlock.

black stig

Neo Member
Had three relatively straightforward runs.

First one relic bearer ran between Templar teleports. A few wipes but done in 30 minutes or so. Group split up at Gorgons (mix of folks who had completed the kill all Gorgons task and some declaring it was done and never again).

Joined an LFG group who nailed Gorgons first time. Very smooth.

Atheon went down eventually. Wipes after oracles with Supplicants causing problems on the run between the gate and mid damage platform.

Adept VoC and Fatebringer. Purple Foil plus 2 Fatebringers. Hunter chest and cape.

Second runs at Templar both used the relic bearer on the left teleport with Titan bubbles and DPS group on the right. One guardian running sword on adds.

Atheon about the same - seems to be some luck involved between oracles and damage phase, but everyone had the mechanic down so just a matter of time.

Final haul across alt runs added Adept Timepiece and Epilogue, Found Verdict and Praedyth's Revenge, 3x Corrective Measure, Warlock gauntlets, Titan Chest and ass towel.

Good to be back in the Vault - will run again to snag all weapons and armour.

Midas

Yeah, this special ammo change is just making people use more of the same weapon than ever before. All I see is No Land Beyond, Icebreaker and Wormwood.

Trakan

That's funny, while I agree with his statement about being defenseless against supers, it's the most fun I've had with PVP since Y1. I was able to take out a bladedancer with a full clip of sidearm though. Certain primary archetypes should still be buffed as well. When people don't have endless amounts of sniper ammo with the still-bullshit aim assistance on snipers I find I'm not getting sniped a majority of the game. I just got an Icebreaker this week and even at its worst, it's still insane in PVP. It has the highest zoom, terrible handling/equip speed, and supposedly has "low" AA compared to other snipers but I was still doing great with it.

Occasionally you'll run into No Land Beyond and Icebreaker, but I'm so glad the sniper meta is gone for the most part.

3 of my friends tried VoG last night. First we were lumped in with some young kids on Xbox and it was horrible, couldn't even get past the fanatics with them. Then we left and found 3 adults and had the best time in this game since the first VoG runs.

The longest part was atheon, just trying to get down the order right and not get killed by supplicants after our first dps phase. But everyone had sleepers and high powered snipers so it worked out.

But wow did I come away with some guns

Vision of Confluence (adept) - finally, 3 years later!
Fate bringer (non elemental) again, nice to finally get it
Vex Mythoclast
Praedyth Time Piece (Adept) - apparently people were jealous and it's good.
Corrective Measure LMG
Atheons Epilogue - which I got after Templar which came in handy for oracles later on, and it feels like they gave a buff to its damage against oracles.

Got Titan shoulders too but they look boring even with ornaments.

Haven't played since the Age of Triumph update hit (been neck-deep in ME: Andromeda) but is there new stuff for people who don't really raid? I've never done a raid before and I'm still not sure if I wanna run one, but I'd like to hop back into Destiny if there's some new stuff outside of that activity.

You really should give raiding a try. Raiding is the reason to play the game, and I'm not being hyperbolic. Four raids that you haven't completed will give you enough new content. As for your question, no. There's not anything new. Bungie is the king of rehashed content. AoT is just that.

psyfi

Banned
I played for a few hours last night for the first time since House of Wolves and... I still think the campaign sucks. There's a few fun missions, but most are pretty dull. And the plot is so incomprehensible. People keep telling me to go to cool places and get cool things, but there's no weight to any of it.

Oh well. I'm not surprised, just still dissapointed. And I miss Dinklebot.

That said, I'm stoked to try out TTK stuff and start collecting exotics again. :)

I played for a few hours last night for the first time since House of Wolves and... I still think the campaign sucks. There's a few fun missions, but most are pretty dull. And the plot is so incomprehensible. People keep telling me to go to cool places and get cool things, but there's no weight to any of it.

Oh well. I'm not surprised, just still dissapointed. And I miss Dinklebot.

That said, I'm stoked to try out TTK stuff and start collecting exotics again. :)

The story is still garbage tier. The game only has one character and he's 1 dimensional. The real fun of the game is the raids. I also enjoy the record books and kiosks. I'm a collector. Without those things, it would be hard for me to enjoy the game in any capacity.

The story is still garbage tier. The game only has one character and he's 1 dimensional. The real fun of the game is the raids. I also enjoy the record books and kiosks. I'm a collector. Without those things, it would be hard for me to enjoy the game in any capacity.

But TTK story is pretty awesome. Or at least it feels like their best, tightly knit story. Sure it suffers from the same "wait that was the last mission?" feeling that all the content has had, but then the branching additional story missions and quests pop up. Really, TTK was my favorite expansion though the raid and its weapons...at least I got a kick ass QT out of it.

elguero

The game feels so rich in content with all of the raids offering a max light level challenge & rewards. I raided five times last week and it makes me wonder what the perception of destiny would have been if each raid was brought up to max light level after every expansion. I think that's a must for D2.

The underlying problem is the supers themselves, the special weapon ammo nerf sounds like it made it worse. I haven't played Destiny in a long time, but I knew the PvP would be impossible to balance no matter what you tweak because of the one hit kill supers.

Yes supers are awesome...in PvE. In PvP they're a plague akin to what started the downfall of the COD franchise with killstreaks. There's just no place for them, they must be eradicated or completely redesigned with PvP in mind in Destiny 2.

The game feels so rich in content with all of the raids offering a max light level challenge & rewards. I raided five times last week and it makes me wonder what the perception of destiny would have been if each raid was brought up to max light level after every expansion. I think that's a must for D2.

I think it is a must for not only Raids but all activities moving forward. In a game that expects the player to repeat content nothing should be left behind just for the sake of having variety (every mission/activity in the game should have a 390-400 LL version).

Bungie adding different playlists with rotating/random difficulty modifiers is also moving in the right direction as far as asking/expecting the player to repeat content.

I would also like to see Prison of Elders restructured into more of a firefight type of experience with Skolas tier boss type encounters with raid-like mechanics for 3-man fireteams at certain intervals.

Top Bottom