• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

XAL

I think after trying to do Templar CM last night for 5 hours with 2 different groups I think I'm done with this game again.

I've completed my book and just don't give a shit anymore.

Wanted to get my y3 confluence but I think I'm ready to accept that it's not going to happen.

Finding raid groups is shit. Who the fuck thought that heavy cooldown staying after total wipe was a good idea?

We just kept going and tried to pick up ammo, but Heavy is so damn critical to killing bosses. I just dont see how the cooldown persisting after wipe is defensible.

If Bungie has the same approach in Destiny 2 you can count me the fuck out.

psyfi

Banned
First mission of TTK was pretty cool. I'm confused about the second one tho. It says I need to kill taken lieutenants with a fireteam to summon champions... So I can't do it solo?

First mission of TTK was pretty cool. I'm confused about the second one tho. It says I need to kill taken lieutenants with a fireteam to summon champions... So I can't do it solo?

IIRC that's the one that you have to do while on Patrol on different planets. It can be done solo, it's just harder because it's a few waves of enemies before the Lt's show up and the Lt's are Yellow-bar enemies.

I did it solo at the time but ymmv.

psyfi

Banned
IIRC that's the one that you have to do while on Patrol on different planets. It can be done solo, it's just harder because it's a few waves of enemies before the Lt's show up and the Lt's are Yellow-bar enemies.

I did it solo at the time but ymmv.
Cool, thanks. I also got some missions from Cayde too, so I'll focus on those.

I think after trying to do Templar CM last night for 5 hours with 2 different groups I think I'm done with this game again.

Wanted to get my y3 confluence but I think I'm ready to accept that it's not going to happen.

Finding raid groups is shit. Who the fuck thought that heavy cooldown staying after total wipe was a good idea?

We just kept going and tried to pick up ammo, but Heavy is so damn critical to killing bosses. I just dont see how the cooldown persisting after wipe is defensible.

Sorry that happened to you. The ammo probably wouldn't be so bad if they did one of the following

* let ammo stay on the ground after a wipe
* reduce the cool down of ammo packs 2 minutes
* start you with the same ammo you started the encounter with.

XAL

Sorry that happened to you. The ammo probably wouldn't be so bad if they did one of the following

* let ammo stay on the ground after a wipe
* reduce the cool down of ammo packs 2 minutes
* start you with the same ammo you started the encounter with.

I mean any step would have been great.

Add to that all of the bugs that still persist and people trying to get the encounter done are just screwed.

* oracles audio cues stopping
* oracles spawning 2 groups of 2, then having irregular intervals between groups of 4. Sometimes you kill 4 and count it out and then IMMEDIATELY another series starts.
* relic shield closing after moving across a 1 inch dip in geometry (looking at you right teleport spot)
* desync in enemy movements
* Templar teleporting to spot despite the ring clearly being white the entire time
* Templar randomly choosing to blast relic carrier despite 5 people drawing aggro

Crotas End 390 CM didn't nearly have this amount of bullshit in the ENTIRE RAID. The only thing I had issue with in that raid were the Knights under Ir Yut being super hesitant to come out of the doors at time irrespective of player proximimty (shit just make them pop into the room if it's that vital a timing for challenge mode Bungle)

LawfulEnder

Neo Member
Anyone on PS4 feel up to helping me finish VoG sometime this afternoon/evening? I don't have a whole lot of experience with VoG (I did it twice in Y2 while getting NTTE, and then played up to Gatekeepers yesterday), but I do have a Gatekeepers checkpoint, a 400LL Defender with a Sleeper, and a strong desire to beat this damn raid.

Got atheon checkpoint and badly want the challenge done for my book :'(

Could not care a shit about loot.

Giving the raid team a hour to assemble then I'm going to start begging on here

rataven

Ran both updated raids three times over the past week, plus the runs the week before. I haven't raided that much since the Year 1 days. Despite the frustration, glitches, and seemingly endless wipes, raiding in Destiny is where the fun is at. There's a genuine sense of accomplishment every time your group downs a boss, or completes a challenge, and you see that awesome loot drop reward. I got the biggest smile on my face when I heard that reward 'thunk' after Templar and looked up to see my new exotic Fatebringer. Thanks to the Gaffers I ran with. Good bunch y'all are.

Add to that all of the bugs that still persist and people trying to get the encounter done are just screwed.

* oracles audio cues stopping
* oracles spawning 2 groups of 2, then having irregular intervals between groups of 4. Sometimes you kill 4 and count it out and then IMMEDIATELY another series starts.
* relic shield closing after moving across a 1 inch dip in geometry (looking at you right teleport spot)
* desync in enemy movements
* Templar teleporting to spot despite the ring clearly being white the entire time
* Templar randomly choosing to blast relic carrier despite 5 people drawing aggro

On oracles, the Templar straight up left the room on us, twice. Literally gone. Oracles stopped spawning too. And on a Crota run, the Swordbearer ran up and rushed us. In the crystal room.

void666

Banned

I know this pain. But it was atheon that broke me. And we never got to the dps phase.

Did the entire raid plus challenge mode with 1 friend and LFGers, including one who had never done VoG before. It took us at least 4 and a half hours after starting at midnight, and no one quit until we had succeeded. Atheon was incredibly difficult for our group and was where we spent the most time.

Anyone to jump on two Weekly Heroic Story missions with me in the next few minutes? My friends are not playing anymore and the stupid playlist has no matchmaking :/

They could be solo'd I guess but the idea sounds pretty annoying.

XBox players: Anyone interested in doing WotM normal? have someone that hasn't run it yet at all. Could be tonight or in the future, but if you're interested let me know. XBL is same as GAF.

Carrying 2 people in atheon challenge :( it's impossible for this group, but I do not want to leave and be a dick... but really need the entry in my damn book :'(

Templar and Atheon challenges are actually really easy with good groups.

Inreally with ppl wouldnt just give up. If you are trying for 2 hours with no success just quit and come back some other time.

Edit: I had an Vog run earlier today that lasted 59:00 the whole thing. Really good.

XAL

Rings got to disappear entirely

What I'm saying is someone will be in the ring, it will be white, they won't move - and then all of a sudden Templar is on top of them.

I've had this happen to me a dozen times when I'm dead center in the ring (both sides even).

You can't draw aggro when blocking a teleport.

He attacks whoever is blocking the port.

Then this is inconsistent on Bungie's part because I've done multiple methods of relic running and I want to say 30% of the times we've tried having me jump across back and forth he only shot at me towards the end of my block. Every other time he would just full bore face fuck me.

I tried my hardest but we could not do it, just done it normally a few times but alas that challenge will have to wait another 4 weeks for me :'(

Fucking annoyed, I thought good karma would come from the carry but no :(

Nicodemic

So, I'm available for VoG if anyone needs me. I have the Templar cp. Couldn't beat the challenge last night. Trying my luck again tonight.

Top Bottom