• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

So what's the current recommended strat for the Templar challenge? 1-5 on left and right, 1 covering both teleports and 5 behind the columns? Any other variations?

thabiz

So what's the current recommended strat for the Templar challenge? 1-5 on left and right, 1 covering both teleports and 5 behind the columns? Any other variations?

I've had lots of success with 5 on the right and relic on left just covering left teleport. This has been with various groups too. Works every time. The only caveat is to have a storm caller for add duty.

zewone

Recommended strat is relic holder covering both ports and 5 in the back DPS.

If for some reason the relic holder can't handle both, only then would I recommend the 5 on the right strat.

Nicodemic

Monday night Vault of Glass raid group:

1- Nicodemic
2- D_psipher
3- Ballistic
4- Nastybook
5- Verano
6-

Starting at 8h30 eastern if possible.

Nicodemic

1- Nicodemic
2- D_psipher
3- Ballistic
4- Nastybook
5- Verano
6- Spaaaaaaaaace

Full! Let's meet in 15 min and see if we can start this show. Send FR to: Nicodemic

But TTK story is pretty awesome. Or at least it feels like their best, tightly knit story. Sure it suffers from the same "wait that was the last mission?" feeling that all the content has had, but then the branching additional story missions and quests pop up. Really, TTK was my favorite expansion though the raid and its weapons...at least I got a kick ass QT out of it.
Relatively, sure it's the best destiny story. But it's still a very weak story. Big bad comes to town for revenge, kill him. There's nothing else there of value or interest. Story wise destiny is as shallow as it gets.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

1- Nicodemic
2- D_psipher
3- Ballistic
4- Nastybook
5- Verano
6- Spaaaaaaaaace

Full! Let's meet in 15 min and see if we can start this show. Send FR to: Nicodemic

K...look out for Godless_Pagan

Kyoufu

Relatively, sure it's the best destiny story. But it's still a very weak story. Big bad comes to town for revenge, kill him. There's nothing else there of value or interest. Story wise destiny is as shallow as it gets.

TTK added great backstory for Oryx and her sisters, sadly they're all in the grimoire cards and not the actual game. The actual TTK storeline is certainly weak. Oryx is a one-dimensional villain and aside from some Eris Morn scenes, there's not much going on.

On oracles, the Templar straight up left the room on us, twice. Literally gone. Oracles stopped spawning too. And on a Crota run, the Swordbearer ran up and rushed us. In the crystal room.

Really it was the mystical headset that got us through.

TTK added great backstory for Oryx and her sisters, sadly they're all in the grimoire cards and not the actual game. The actual TTK storeline is certainly weak. Oryx is a one-dimensional villain and aside from some Eris Morn scenes, there's not much going on.

Yep the book of sorrow was awesome. I read that before jumping in, actually somehow made Aurash/Oryx a sympathetic character. Then that all kind of feeds into the raid where you are playing out exactly the very thing Oryx lives by: sword logic.

Why is he called the Taken King?

Did some stuff happen in the lore backstory?

Yes. The whole backstory of the hive, the taken and Oryx are in the Book of Sorrow which are storied on the calcified fragments.

Bold One

Exactly. If it was in audio logs or a codex of some kind then it would count. Unfortunately what's in game is incredibly shallow.

Kyoufu

Oryx was originally known as Aurash, one of 3 sisters (Xi Ro and Sathona). Since their species had very short lifespans, they eventually met Worms of the darkness who offered them immortality for the price of being hosts to the Worms' larvae. The sisters agreed and Aurash took the worm that morphed her into Oryx, king of the hive.

Something along those lines.

Speculation is that we're bound to encounter the other sisters in a later expansion.

NastyBook

1- Nicodemic
2- D_psipher
3- Ballistic
4- Nastybook
5- Verano
6- Spaaaaaaaaace

Ordered food and it took awhile, but I'm here now. Still good to go?

Kyoufu

Exactly. If it was in audio logs or a codex of some kind then it would count. Unfortunately what's in game is incredibly shallow.

They really, reeeally need to improve this for D2. They've got AMAZING lore written that absolutely must be in the game.

Watching Sir Wallen's lore videos on YouTube is more enjoyable than their in-game storylines.

Bold One

Oryx was originally known as Aurash, one of 3 sisters (Xi Ro and Sathona). Since their species had very short lifespans, they eventually met Worms of the darkness who offered them immortality for the price of being hosts to the Worms' larvae. The sisters agreed and Aurash took the worm that morphed her into Oryx, king of the hive.

Something along those lines.

Speculation is that we're bound to encounter the other sisters in a later expansion.

WOW,

that actually makes Oryx really interesting. How progressive of Bungie...

So just hit light 385, though not great gear yet.

Is my only way the get higher by raiding?

I've never finished any(just a couple of attempts with randoms over a year ago) , I presume it's a bit late in the day for bringing newbies through.

I've never finished any(just a couple of attempts with randoms over a year ago) , I presume it's a bit late in the day for bringing newbies through.
You can hit 400 without ever touching a raid
But whats the fun in that

psyfi

Banned

If anyone wants to babysit us, I'll be a raid newb with you.

psyfi

Banned
I'm Bobelacx on PSN if your playstation.

Not sure when I'll get time for raiding but hopefully soon. Would be up for trying a nightfall though.
I'm only 200something light level, so I got a ways to go before ready. I think? I honestly don't even know how raids work right now, lol.

I'm only 200something light level, so I got a ways to go before ready. I think? I honestly don't even know how raids work right now, lol.

Add me anyway if you like. Up for running whatever missions you're on.

Though I can't really talk if it's late as the wife will be asleep.

Top Bottom