• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Ballistic

Monday night Vault of Glass raid group:

1- Nicodemic
2- D_psipher
3- Ballistic
4- Nastybook
5- Verano
6- Spaaaaaaaaace

Full! Let's meet in 15 min and see if we can start this show. Send FR to: Nicodemic

Thanks for the run guys. Breezed through Templar and gorgons, but Atheon was being a finnicky beast. Shem great job with the relic on Templar!

I cant do nothing at 331 light what i should do.

297770807596417024.png

try strikes

Dynomutt

I cant do nothing at 331 light what i should do.

Strikes basically Taken King and SIVA. Court of Oryx is not really worth it. Could run Prison of Elders Lvl 41 as it gives Legendary Marks. You finish the story for Rise of Iron? I'm hovering around 340 as well.

Hit me up: PSN: Akrynym_one

I guess i gotta spam strikes but everything is one shooting me
Select earth
Select sepiks perfected 320 strike

Counts as heroic and drops heroic level 390 gear. Takes about 6-8 minutes a run.

Equip blues as you go. Don't infuse till
Your at desired light level.

Rinse repeat.

When your ghost or artifact is holding you back play the forge. To get match made in the forge croutch walk in slowly. Hopefully you'll find a group.

XAL

Select earth

Counts as heroic and drops heroic level 390 gear. Takes about 6-8 minutes a run.

Rinse repeat.

When your ghost or artifact is holding you back play the forge. To get match made in the forge croutch walk in slowly. Hopefully you'll find a group.

^This. This how you do it.

Select earth

Rinse repeat.

Says normal but i gonna give a shoot

HigXx

Already had some great Kings Fall experiences on LFG and it's not even 3 hours after reset!!

"what challenge is it this week?"

Party holder dies instantaneously at Totems and leaves fireteam and party

Another guy takea Aura at Warpriest and starts shooting the Warpriest hahahaha

Needless to say that Party was disbanded

Already had some great Kings Fall experiences on LFG and it's not even 3 hours after reset!!

"what challenge is it this week?"

Party holder dies instantaneously at Totems and leaves fireteam and party

Another guy takea Aura at Warpriest and starts shooting the Warpriest hahahaha

Needless to say that Party was disbanded
This week is going to be utter hell if any LFG is needed to fill the gaps lol.

Already dreading it... Thankfully I think we'll have a full clan raid tonight.

Not excited that there are no changes to Taken King challenges. Was hoping they'd up the difficulty just a bit.

But: Doom of Chelchis - Full Auto Set perk (Scout) - Void 🙂

KF loot table:

1st chest - legendary engram, synth, exotic chance
2nd chest - same
totems - ghost, exotic chest
maze chest - legendary engram, synth, exotic chance
warpriest - boots, adpet primary (CM), sniper, gloves, shotgun
golgoroth - primary weapon, chest, adept primary (CM), fusion
dick chest - exotic chance
daughters - ghost, exotic chance
oryx - machine gun, primary adept, mahcine gun, rocket launcher, helmet, primary legendary.

KF loot table:

1st chest - legendary engram, synth, exotic chance
2nd chest - same
totems - ghost, exotic chest
maze chest - legendary engram, synth, exotic chance
warpriest - boots, adpet primary (CM), sniper, gloves
golgoroth - primary weapon, chest, adept primary (CM), fusion
dick chest - exotic chance
daughters - ghost, exotic chance
oryx - machine gun, primary adept, mahcine gun, rocket launcher, helmet, primary legendary.

Dick chest?

Acidote

Select earth

Rinse repeat.

I've been doing strikes up to 384. I guess I'll do this until I'm closer to 390 and then it's Iron Banner spam to 400. I've never done a forge so I have to investigate that part.

DCX

DCX
I'm around most of the morning to play activities. Nightfall, raid, whatever. Hit me up.

DCX-GAF on PSN

DCX

So is it only 1 CM for Kings Fall?

King's Fall has the most Challenge Modes (3) of all the Raids...

Warpriest
Golgoroth
Oryx

---------------------

Unless you really like the encounters and overall experience I'm not sure what the incentive is other than the AoT Milestone considering the KF loot is rather lackluster with or without elemental primaries. I'm guessing they made the perks for the weapons fixed rather than random (which I guess could add some incentive depending on what the perks are for the weapons)? Regarding primaries, previously there wasn't anything that remotely compared to the Fatebringer, Vision, Epilogue, or Fang from VoG/CE especially given the randomness nature of the perks for KF weapons.

I've been doing strikes up to 384. I guess I'll do this until I'm closer to 390 and then it's Iron Banner spam to 400. I've never done a forge so I have to investigate that part.

I think Heroic Strike drops go up to 390 LL now and whatever the Strike Playlist beneath it is only goes to 385 LL. If you are already 400 LL these details become a bit confusing at this point (especially with the changes that came with the AoT update).

psyfi

Banned
Select earth

Rinse repeat.

I don't know what half this stuff means (Destiny has Forge now?), but I'm book marking this for later reference. Right now I'm between TTK and ROI, steadily building up to LL 240.

I don't know what half this stuff means (Destiny has Forge now?), but I'm book marking this for later reference. Right now I'm between TTK and ROI, steadily building up to LL 240.

Archon's Forge

https://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Archon's_Forge

Edit: Not sure how accurate all that info is.

This in particular "players will battle waves of SIVA-enhanced enemies for 5 minutes then finish off with a Boss battle" is somewhat inaccurate as you only need to kill enough enemies to get the % to 100 and then the Boss will spawn in.

Different type of Forge (if you're thinking of Halo). It is an event that takes place in the Arkon's (or Archon's) Forge.

Figured I should clarify. If you knew that, then disregard.

Kings Fall raid today. Super pumped to see what they changed. I'm going to have to run the other Raids to get the gear sets as I have just been getting weapons when I run them.

lmao I didn't realize robdraggoo was being literal when they said crouch walk into a forge instance

Edit: Yeah I figured it was different, but I didn't know how, thanks BoBo.

Yeah, I sorta understand what they were going for with both Archon's Forge and Court of Oryx but they would have been better off to make them separate activities all-together like Prison of Elders.

Disappointment in 3...2...1...

It seems the Challenge Modes are exactly the same as before which should have been expected and regarding primary Adept weapons (elemental and main perk)...

Smite of Merain - Solar w/ Firefly
Anguish of Drystan - Arc w/ Crowd Control
Doom of Chelchis - Void w/ Full-Auto
Zaouli's Bane - Void w/ Life Leech

Edit: They should have made the last one there Solar just to mix things up a bit more across all the Raid primaries. With the Aot Record Book complete this is a pass for me as nothing there is enticing enough especially having already acquired the VoG Adept primaries. I'd like the Doom of Chelchis but I'm not dealing with RNG just to chase it. I'm content with the Terminus and leg armor for each character.

Disappointment in 3...2...1...

I haven't really been disappointed with any of the Raids so far. It is a nice send off so that they can focus on Destiny 2.

It seems the Challenge Modes are exactly the same as before which should have been expected and regarding primary Adept weapons (elemental and main perk)...

Smite of Merain - Solar w/ Firefly
Anguish of Drystan - Arc w/ Crowd Control
Doom of Chelchis - Void w/ Full-Auto
Zaouli's Bane - Void w/ Life Leech

Same challenges means less confusion when running it for the first time. Since I usually LFG, Im down with that.

I haven't really been disappointed with any of the Raids so far. It is a nice send off so that they can focus on Destiny 2.

Yeah, I've been pleasantly surprised by the AoT update with Crota's End and Vault of Glass plus the inclusion of a Story Mission playlist with difficulty modifiers, etc.

That said, I have everything I want now and feel like just playing the game freely while turning the chase of loot completely off. Ready for some Strike/Nightfall/Story Mission Playlist/Random Crucible Match/Iron Banner playtime over the next 3-4 months with new loadouts just for the gameplay leading into the hype for Destiny 2 (and new loot chase).

Yeah, I've been pleasantly surprised by the AoT update with Crota's End and Vault of Glass plus the inclusion of a Story Mission playlist with difficulty modifiers, etc.

That said, I have everything I want now and feel like just playing the game freely while turning the chase of loot completely off. Ready for some Strike/Nightfall/Story Mission Playlist/Random Crucible Match/Iron Banner playtime over the next 3-4 months with new loadouts just for the gameplay leading into the hype for Destiny 2 (and new loot chase).

Me too. I'm happy with it as well. Plus, wth Persona and FF14 pulling some of my game time away from Destiny, it's nice to jump on a couple times a week and do the raid. Then get back to being s Pharom Thief or getting prepped for new FF14 content.

WeTeHa

I meant in regards to things changing in kings fall. I think the only thing that changed is the loot table?

I don't even think they added challenge failed messages oO

Me too. I'm happy with it as well. Plus, wth Persona and FF14 pulling some of my game time away from Destiny, it's nice to jump on a couple times a week and do the raid. Then get back to being s Pharom Thief or getting prepped for new FF14 content.

Ha, I say this and then check the playlists this week to see zero burns in any of them (well, sans for CoE which I don't plan on playing). So much for those Adept primaries this week.

Top Bottom