• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

zewone

KIng's Fall is an impressive raid but it can be frustrating, you definitely need a patient team. I don't think I've played it since WotM.

What makes it easier to get frustrated is that all of the guns are pretty much crap and in the original raid, the drops were pretty horrible, sometimes you would get 'nothing' as a drop. It really made you ask yourself "Why am I doing this again?"

What makes it easier to get frustrated is that all of the guns are pretty much crap and in the original raid, the drops were pretty horrible, sometimes you would get 'nothing' as a drop. It really made you ask yourself "Why am I doing this again?"

The days of RNG on top of RNG when you hoped to get a Ghost or Class Item and then hoped again to get it to drop at 320 LL.

I liked the encounters and Raid as a whole but yeah, it was really brought down by it's rewards and the way they were distributed LL wise and random perks for it's weapons.

Story mission why are you one shooting me too. auchs.

The days of RNG on top of RNG when you hoped to get a Ghost or Class Item and then hoped again to get it to drop at 320 LL.

I liked the encounters and Raid as a whole but yeah, it was really brought down by it's rewards and the way they were distributed LL wise and random perks for it's weapons.

Thats the main reason I leave the game, just did Hard mode once. The raid was fun but drops not

Dez_

Yeah, spending hours on an encounter only to receive 2 moldering shards was pretty damn demoralizing. That was only my experience in the beginning though. The drops became better later on, and while I only really liked the sniper and the heavy machine gun, I looked at the equipment as infusion fodder to stuff I would more likely use.

Trakan

Don't forget about trading 20 moldering shards to get 2 as a "bonus" drop.

We should all be somewhat worried that the guy behind the original TTK is in charge of Destiny 2.
No, Luke is the man. Ttk was great. And kings Fall was great the first couple clears. It's length and unforgiving wipes are what soured people on it and prevented people from doing it every week.

zewone

Mistakes were made. I still liked it way more than RoI.

IDK.

Plaguelands is better than Dreadnaught.
WotM is better than KF.
Forge is better than CoO.
LL system is better than in TTK (not really fair, but still)
TTK did introduce new subclasses and many changes, including a reset of all weapons and armor.

Deku Tree

Plaguelands was the cosmodrome with snow.

And TTK had a much better story even if you only played it once.

And AF had the benefit of coming after CoO.

Kukawaki

IDK.

WotM is better than KF.
TTK did introduce new subclasses and many changes, including a reset of all weapons and armor.

I'm with Deku on this one - story was much better even if encounter mechanics weren't.

It also seems very throwaway and disconnected from the universe in ways that even HoW didn't. Also, Lord Salad Bar went from imposing to patronizing old man real quick.

zewone

Those 5 story missions hold a lot of value.

I do think the story was much better than in TTK, but it was so short and never revisited that it's a moot point.

Kukawaki

To each their own. RoI just doesn't resonate with me as past content did. Part of it is prolly the music.

At least shooting things is as fun as it ever was :)

GhaleonEB

IDK.

WotM is better than KF.

Plaguelands was the cosmodrome with snow.

And TTK had a much better story even if you only played it once.

And AF had the benefit of coming after CoO.
Once you cracked the initial secrets in the Dreadnaught, it was a pretty boring place to play. Plauguelands is at least consistently interesting and engaging, even if they did re-use a region for expediency. It's just more fun to play there.

TTK had better deep lore, but the main story wasn't very good. Half the campaign was devoted to trying to open a door. This was masked by great character and world building, but there's really not much happening other than Oryx showing up and we try to get to the Dreadnaught and open a door to find and kill* him. RoI wasn't a great story, but I thought it was more engaging and the reveal of what happened to the other Iron Lords was wonderful moment, and led to a good fight. The story tied together in a way TTK didn't.

It's not really apples to apples given everything else TTK brought to the table, but I enjoyed the story missions in RoI more (and played them more), the location and the story. RoI had the better raid, but fell short in the strikes department. A wash overall, but the base location/missions, I thought RoI was the best so far.

Kukawaki

You gotta admit tho that it's a little less breathtaking after killing a god :p

Changing the subject real quick:

Anybody wanna Nightfall before jumping into Iron banana?

PSN same as here, I'll be in orbit for a while

RoI and TTK are tied for me. WotM is the best loot distribution mechanic we've had so far. If RoI was actually given more love by Bungie, it would have been hands down the best expansion yet. They kind of phoned it in though. Just all around low amount of content, but what was there was really great. Except AF. That place was a shit show. CoO is way better. Really it should just be a MM area. This crap where you have to wait for randoms to show up sucks.

WizzNARD

RoI and TTK are tied for me. WotM is the best loot distribution mechanic we've had so far. If RoI was actually given more love by Bungie, it would have been hands down the best expansion yet. They kind of phoned it in though. Just all around low amount of content, but what was there was really great. Except AF. That place was a shit show. CoO is way better. Really it should just be a MM area. This crap where you have to wait for randoms to show up sucks.

This is how I feel. The lack of follow up with both TTK and ROI, but ROI especially bummed me out. I thought for sure with ROI we would get more consistent content, even though I knew the majority of the team was working on D2. I figured Bungie would want a strong year 3 to lead into D2, but it was pretty much ROI, and thats it. SRL was/is kinda boring to me.

Oh, well, loving this new update regardless. I really hope there is more content and a better flow of content for D2. Thats honestly my biggest problem with D1. I suppose hoping for stuff in between the big drops is asking too much? if not that then really pack the expansions with stuff, not 1-2 strikes and a raid.

FinKL

CoO was too try hard. I can't tell you how many times I've failed going into a T3 with other match made people there because no one knows the mechanics. It's like people don't read the helpful text that pops up when all hell breaks loose. AF was best, just load up and shoot shit, sucks we couldn't bring a fireteam of 6 in there.

zewone

What's the current crucible meta? What should I be using in iron banner?

These special ammo changes are butthole

Sidearms, Ice Breaker, Invective.

Basically anything that gives you free special ammo is the meta.

Primaries are pretty even. Use whatever you like.

WeTeHa

Tried a couple iron banner matches... yeeesh, pvp is pretty rough these days. I might not even finish this rank 5 thing.

How long is it going to take a solo player like myself to reach 380? I just breached 350 and wanna play those daily story missions :(
IB will also help. May be a bit rough at first due to the light diference tough

Is anyone doing Crota or Vog just for the armor? I really dislike KF

Top Bottom