• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

shermas

NF this week was rough... that last room gets pretty nasty with the boomers and everything else.

At least I got a 400 towel out of it! /s

shermas

I ran KF hard mode every week x3 for a while... On a good team, it was a lot of fun. I've cleared that raid more than Crota or VoG.

All that being said, I'm not really looking forward to doing it again for the CM. I really just want the ornaments for the other armor. The MG was cool, but those other weapons....yikes.

Shiv47

Reached rank 7 in the book after a couple IB matches against pre-made teams. Felt fitting somehow. No interest in running KF or WotM again, so I think I'm done. Looking forward to D2 now.

Kyoufu

I ran KF hard mode every week x3 for a while... On a good team, it was a lot of fun. I've cleared that raid more than Crota or VoG.

All that being said, I'm not really looking forward to doing it again for the CM. I really just want the ornaments for the other armor. The MG was cool, but those other weapons....yikes.

Yeah, those drops are so bad lmao.

VoG and CE returning really highlights KF's piss poor loot table.

Ryck

NF this week was rough... that last room gets pretty nasty with the boomers and everything else.

At least I got a 400 towel out of it! /s
If you kill those knights when they spawn it's a lot more manageable. Not too bad at all.

I got a ghost haha.

Yeah, those drops are so bad lmao.

VoG and CE returning really highlights KF's piss poor loot table.
Yeah did a full run and I think im good, got all the primaries except the scout. Will probably run vog and crota instead the rest of the week.

Clunker

So I'm not a super pro gamer at all, but I'd like to think I'm fairly decent - I know VoG pretty well and used to run relic quite a bit back in the day, but today was my first swing at the 390 version (I'm 395 Hunter right now) and I had a shitshow of a two-hour session that crumbled at Templar due to the pickup groups I ran with.

First one from the100.io was good but when we got to Templar, no one had relic experience and we only had one Bubble Titan; a few people ditched there, sadly, and the randos from lfg.net were super-shitty about our general lack of experience, despite the fact I'd written "chill armor run, no challenges, be cool" in the description. :/

I think I'm going to actually practice running relic a bit with my Templar cp, but now that there's been a week or two, are people finding the strategy of relic holder capping both teleport points the most common? Because that boils this part of VoG down to what Crota used to be, which is crossing fingers and hoping you have someone good enough to handle things on their own, which is kind of a major bummer. I was hoping to finish this with Warlock this week but I might run fresh with Titan if bubbles are more needed; we literally had four Warlocks, one Hunter, one Titan.

On a related note: anyone on Xbox around midday tomorrow EST (early evening BST) to finish a VoG run or start fresh? I just want to revisit my favorite raid from Y1 without slamming my fingers in a door jam over and over!

Shiv47

So I'm not a super pro gamer at all, but I'd like to think I'm fairly decent - I know VoG pretty well and used to run relic quite a bit back in the day, but today was my first swing at the 390 version (I'm 395 Hunter right now) and I had a shitshow of a two-hour session that crumbled at Templar due to the pickup groups I ran with.

First one from the100.io was good but when we got to Templar, no one had relic experience and we only had one Bubble Titan; a few people ditched there, sadly, and the randos from lfg.net were super-shitty about our general lack of experience, despite the fact I'd written "chill armor run, no challenges, be cool" in the description. :/

I think I'm going to actually practice running relic a bit with my Templar cp, but now that there's been a week or two, are people finding the strategy of relic holder capping both teleport points the most common? Because that boils this part of VoG down to what Crota used to be, which is crossing fingers and hoping you have someone good enough to handle things on their own, which is kind of a major bummer. I was hoping to finish this with Warlock this week but I might run fresh with Titan if bubbles are more needed; we literally had four Warlocks, one Hunter, one Titan.

On a related note: anyone on Xbox around midday tomorrow EST (early evening BST) to finish a VoG run or start fresh? I just want to revisit my favorite raid from Y1 without slamming my fingers in a door jam over and over!

The group I was in that beat the Templar had the relic holder work the far side teleport spot, blocking when it was his turn to hold, and the rest of us were on the left, where we had two Titan bubbles rotating on that teleport point, which fed orbs to a Stormcaller who cleaned out the minotaurs, which fed orbs back to the Titans, and we cycled that until we killed the Templar. I don't recall exactly how long that took, but it wasn't especially long. People could keep ducking in the bubbles for the Blessing buff as well.

psyfi

Banned
Can someone clarify something for me? I'm at the end of the TTK content, currently level 40 with LL 223. Not high enough for ROI, but pretty close. What are my best options for getting better gear right now?

Also, I'm confused about the experience bar at the bottom of the screen now that I'm level 40... What does it indicate?

Can someone clarify something for me? I'm at the end of the TTK content, currently level 40 with LL 223. Not high enough for ROI, but pretty close. What are my best options for getting better gear right now?

Also, I'm confused about the experience bar at the bottom of the screen now that I'm level 40... What does it indicate?

Are you buying 380 gear from the venders everytime you have enough legendary marks? Strikes also give food LL blues. That bar gives you motes every time it hits 100%. Then it resets.

When you bough roi didn't you get an Insta 280? Called spark of light or something
Should bring you right to light level for roi

Nope it gives you a full set of fear at light level

In any case I don't think it's anywhere near 280 LL as when I used it on my lone PS4 character (now abandoned) I didn't get anything to get anywhere near 280 LL immediately and considering the player in topic is 223 LL or whatever it doesn't sound like he did either.

psyfi

Banned
Are you buying 380 gear from the venders everytime you have enough legendary marks? Strikes also give food LL blues. That bar gives you motes every time it hits 100%. Then it resets.
I had some, but yeah, I spent them on a chest piece. I'm confused about the Destiny economy, are legendary marks used just to buy legendary gear from the vendors that offer it?

The Spark of Light doesn't do anything for Light Level but rather takes you to player level 40.
Yeah, you're right. Plus I didn't use it anyways, as I wanted to play the TTK content and get to 40 on my own. I'll save the spark for another character.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm so frustrated. For the second week our of three since Age of Triumph dropped, I didn't receive a treasure for completing the Weekly Story Playlist.

I've seen people mention this bug on Reddit and Bungie.net. How are we three weeks in and this is still an issue? We're expected to pay for this item if we want to get more than what we get for free in the game yet there's a bug that prevents some people from getting it in the game.

Between this and never receiving my Silver that I paid $20 for back in September, my Rise of Iron experience has been very frustrating. (Yes, I contacted Bungie via the form on their site made specifically for Silver issues. It was ignored.)

Did a KF run last night with clan members. Took a while for some of them to shake off the cobwebs haha. But in the end, we got it done.

The Golgoroth challenge is still a ton of fun.

One of my clanmates got the Warlock helmet and man...that thing is amazing looking with an ornament.

Clunker

I had some, but yeah, I spent them on a chest piece. I'm confused about the Destiny economy, are legendary marks used just to buy legendary gear from the vendors that offer it?
Mostly - you can also use legendary marks to buy other things from vendors, such as the element materials (spirit blooms, sponmetal flakes, etc) which are used when you upgrade the nodes on your equipment, giving extra perks on gear.

And when you infuse gear, that costs 3 marks per infusion - this is when you want to bump up the light level of an older piece of gear by sacrificing a newer one. If you have a 320 scout rifle you love with good perks and a 350 auto rifle that seems junky, you infuse the auto into the scout to pump the scout up to 350 light.

Hawkian had some fantastic light leveling guides back in the day in the OP, but I honestly haven't checked the OP in months so I'm assuming they're still there. Economy and how to best level up is one of many spots Destiny is maddeningly opaque, but in general most every activity will get you to at least 385 light over time. Buying 380 vendor gear with marks will probably give you the largest jumps, but the marks are pretty pricey. Dismantling purple legendary gear will always give you 3-5 marks too, depending on how much each piece has been leveled.

How hard is it to get to IB rank 5 now?
Already dobe on my Titan. If you have more than one toon, once you get the first one to a higher rank, the others will go much quicker

Edit: sorry Deku. Didn't realize was answering to you. Ignore the part about the rep boost, you know that already

EL CUCO

Did a KF run last night with clan members. Took a while for some of them to shake off the cobwebs haha. But in the end, we got it done.

The Golgoroth challenge is still a ton of fun.

One of my clanmates got the Warlock helmet and man...that thing is amazing looking with an ornament.
My clan members are avoiding KF like the plague 😂

I'm so frustrated. For the second week our of three since Age of Triumph dropped, I didn't receive a treasure for completing the Weekly Story Playlist.

I've seen people mention this bug on Reddit and Bungie.net. How are we three weeks in and this is still an issue? We're expected to pay for this item if we want to get more than what we get for free in the game yet there's a bug that prevents some people from getting it in the game.

Between this and never receiving my Silver that I paid $20 for back in September, my Rise of Iron experience has been very frustrating. (Yes, I contacted Bungie via the form on their site made specifically for Silver issues. It was ignored.)

Yeah, I didn't get it for the Weekly Story Playlist or the Crucible one the initial week. I've gotten 3 per week since though.

This wasn't my experience, while I'm mainly an Xbox Destiny player I wanted to check out Destiny in Cinema mode on the PSVR so I bought The Collection back in October and remember posting about how I was supposed to get a Level 40 Spark of Light but it was no where to be found in my inventory or anywhere else so I played until I hit Level 9 and the Spark of Light randomly appeared at the Postmaster. When I used it I went to Level 40 but the only gear I got was an artifact which I had no reason to think it wasn't the norm, well, until now. Not that it matters at this point as I took that character to 320 LL and called it quits as I don't have time to keep up with 3 Xbox characters and another 1-3 on PS4.

My clan members are avoiding KF like the plague 😂

Unfortunately, mine are too. I'm a little disappointed because this is the raid I've run the least since it dropped when my kid was born(like wife went into labor during our first KF raid). I took some time off from the game afterwards and by time I came back nobody really wanted to run it.

EL CUCO

Not good enough? j/k

We just did Warpriest and Golgy x2 last night. Had CP.

Got all the exotics.
LOL I broke my teams back with TTK :p Its just pretty time consuming and with it not having any changes done to it, I dont blame them. Oryx isn't very fun either.
Unfortunately, mine are too. I'm a little disappointed because this is the raid I've run the least since it dropped when my kid was born(like wife went into labor during our first KF raid). I took some time off from the game afterwards and by time I came back nobody really wanted to run it.
Do I have you on PSN? Feel free to add me if not EL_CUCO305 if we decide to run it or looking to fill a spot, I'll hit you up.

Top Bottom