• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

WipedOut

Kings Fall is not hard. People just can't make stupid mistakes and expect others to pick up the slack. The only complaint I had with it is the length, getting Check Points solves that.

Edit: Top of the page edit:

eyes.png

LOL I broke my teams back with TTK :p Its just pretty time consuming and with it not having any changes done to it, I dont blame them. Oryx isn't very fun either.

Do I have you on PSN? Feel free to add me if not EL_CUCO305 if we decide to run it or looking to fill a spot, I'll hit you up.

You don't. My PSN is Th3_LoNe_eXiLe. I just sent you a friend request.

Admodieus

Kings Fall is not hard. People just can't make stupid mistakes and expect others to pick up the slack. The only complaint I had with it is the length, getting Check Points solves that.

eyes.png

King's Fall is unforgiving with stupid mistakes, and thats why its my favorite raid. A well oiled machine of a fireteam will breeze through King's Fall, and it's a beautiful thing to watch them operate especially during the Oryx fight.

Apparently one's fireteam doesn't like it when one quietly decides it's a wipe and thus starts idly shooting the Brand Holder's acolytes with one's motherfuckin' Fatebringer.

Protip.

King's Fall is unforgiving with stupid mistakes, and thats why its my favorite raid. A well oiled machine of a fireteam will breeze through King's Fall, and it's a beautiful thing to watch them operate especially during the Oryx fight.

Agreed. I ran through it with some real try hard LFG'ers last night and though mistakes were made, we got Oryx first try. Got the "Malevolence" shader from Oryx? So that was cool.

Also learned the rotating strat for Golgoroth. Which is much easier than what my old team used to do.

FyreWulff

this sounds weird but King's Fall totems is one of my favorite encounters in the game. Just how it feels amazing when you're running the swaps and the "machinery" of the players is perfect is like.. neat as fuck. everyone has something to do and everyone has to do something but it's just nonstop action

thabiz

Kings fall is easily the best raid. Last week showed that VoG is a case of rose tinted glasses. Yeah it was first but it's not the best.

Kings fall is easily the best raid. Last week showed that VoG is a case of rose tinted glasses. Yeah it was first but it's not the best.
Just about every kings Fall encounter has you standing still in one spot. Don't get me wrong. I loved it when you get that perfect run. It's great. Just not very replayable and not very fun on repeated runs. But that's just me.

Trakan

I played KF with a group of people from GAF and they had a really easy strat for Golgoroth where you basically do the same 1 bubble strat and then the next person runs from the orbs and everyone else shoots them. I forget the whole strat, does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

WizzNARD

Started KF last night and was super rusty. Once we got we got back in the groove of it we had to stop at the WP since we started kinda late and people had hard stop times for work and stuff( and we had a buddy who was 385 tagging along).

Looking forward to tonight to try it again. I agree with others, I think this and wraith are the best raids. VOG is great, but I feel like it maybe tries to cram too much into it's encounters. Like maybe the Templar could be split up a little more or something? I'm not really sure.

All in all it really makes me hope we get more then 4 total raids in D2. In a perfect world it would launch with at least 2 (4 in a truly perfect world) with more throughout the year. But I'm not expecting anything close to that, don't want to get my hopes up

FyreWulff

Eh, MMO type games generally never have more than one "main" raid at a time. Partly because raids take a lot of manpower to put together, but also because you're splitting the focus of both the playerbase and the dev team as to what's the current endgame.

Also goes back to the mentions of how they don't want Destiny to be a job. The Weekly Featured Raid functionally keeps the game at one "main" raid, just switches through which one is which per week.

Kyoufu

Launching with 2 raids makes no sense for a number of reasons, but there should be 2 or 3 relevant raids in the first year once the DLC expansions are out, and that's fine, but launching with more than 1 raid is a bad idea.

WizzNARD

Eh, MMO type games generally never have more than one "main" raid at a time. Partly because raids take a lot of manpower to put together, but also because you're splitting the focus of both the playerbase and the dev team as to what's the current endgame.

Also goes back to the mentions of how they don't want Destiny to be a job. The Weekly Featured Raid functionally keeps the game at one "main" raid, just switches through which one is which per week.

True. Maybe have more fleshed out strikes or something, Like a little longer/more involved than a strike, but not quite on raid level?

I just really enjoy the raids altogether, not even for the loot, just for the actual play of them, and any content that they can get to feel like that, I think, would be great.

FyreWulff

True. Maybe have more fleshed out strikes or something, Like a little longer/more involved than a strike, but not quite on raid level?

I just really enjoy the raids altogether, not even for the loot, just for the actual play of them, and any content that they can get to feel like that, I think, would be great.

I think they tried that with Echo Chamber, but Echo Chamber also has a lot of quit-outs on Playstation (at least in my own experience, not sure of the total stats) because of it's raid-lite constant mechanics. But all the later strikes and the remixes added more and more raid-lite mechanics to them. Just not as everpresent as Echo Chamber's.

WizzNARD

I think they tried that with Echo Chamber, but Echo Chamber also has a lot of quit-outs on Playstation (at least in my own experience, not sure of the total stats) because of it's raid-lite constant mechanics. But all the later strikes and the remixes added more and more raid-lite mechanics to them. Just not as everpresent as Echo Chamber's.

You're right. I guess I don't know what I really want then!

Did the Warpriest used to dance around in response to grenades like Atheon? thought I'd try fusion grenade spam for DPS and the fucker turned around and practically mooned us. So I just went back to voidwalker after the one attempt.

Trakan

This is it I think, thanks.

I think if they continue with the weekly featured raid system while keeping the other raids at max level, everybody wins and everybody is happy. Don't leave a raid dormant for 2 years.

I don't get how this is considered raid-lite. It's not really much different than putting your ghost in a door.

WizzNARD

I'd totally go for like.. strikes that take you through the raid area to sort of familiarize players with them. Moreso than story missions.

That is a good idea. I think what it is with me is, like I said, I really enjoy the gameplay of the raids. I love strikes, but they tend to be pretty simplistic, especially when you can run through a lot of them without having to fight anyone. Which is good/fun when it's 10,000th time you've played it, so I get it. I guess I would like something in between the 2, which I guess is what story missions should be?

That or some sort of endless dungeon/Diablo 3 rifts type thing could be good.

Also agree with Trakan, keep raids relevant throughout the year(s) and everyone's happy.

FyreWulff

I don't get how this is considered raid-lite. It's not really much different than putting your ghost in a door.

It was the first strike boss where you have to complete an objective to open up the DPS phase, and had a wipe phase that required you to specifically hide from it. And repeat this to actually kill it.

So it was pretty much the first boss to ever actually have a true DPS phase, a true wipe attack, and required active management of adds and encounter movement. Every boss up to that point was shoot at giant health bar until dead.

I've had so many randoms just stand right in the open when Medusa Stare starts and I'm like yep, we're restarting this encounter andooooohhtheretheygotheyquit

zewone

It was the first strike boss where you have to complete an objective to open up the DPS phase, and had a wipe phase that required you to specifically hide from it. And repeat this to actually kill it.

So it was pretty much the first boss to ever actually have a true DPS phase, a true wipe attack, and required active management of adds and encounter movement. Every boss up to that point was shoot at giant health bar until dead.

I've had so many randoms just stand right in the open when Medusa Stare starts and I'm like yep, we're restarting this encounter andooooohhtheretheygotheyquit

It's one of the shortest strikes and drops Imago Loop. People are lazy.

Anyone want to start a KF raid in the next 2 hours? Ideally I would prefer a no-challenges run, but I'm open to do them too.

1. Marco_Tovarich

I could be ok with doing VoG or Crota's too.

FyreWulff

Medusa stare isn't a wipe phase is it? I thought it dials in on 1 person. And when I got hit by it it left me with a sliver of health.

it kills everyone if they stay in the open. I think the little connective light string shows only renders for you, though. Same thing with the CoE minotaur's containment.

Mindlog

I like the raid more than most, but there's not much room to excel.
Golgoroth is fantastic though. One of my favorite encounters. Can't count how many times we've been lucky enough to clear the last bit of damage on it with 2 or 3 people left standing. Destiny encounters are at their best when forcing players to quickly adapt to changing circumstances.

WizzNARD

Golgoroth is fantastic though. One of my favorite encounters. Can't count how many times we've been lucky enough to clear the last bit of damage on it with 2 or 3 people left standing. Destiny encounters are at their best when forcing players to quickly adapt to changing circumstances.
Yes and no. It's possible to solo a side during warpriest, and golgy is very possible with 2-3 left like you mentioned, same with sisters if you lose a guy or 2. I feel like KF gets a bad rap in that department. While it vey mechanical and team based, everyone has to hit their spots, not every encounter is a wipe if they don't. i feel like there plenty of room for individual standouts and what not

What if they did a raid checkpoint where people randomly get wiped, one at a time....But whoever is left gets an incremental buff at each point until the last person is doing 6 times the damage...all While 5 team mates watch and do some back-seat shooting.

Would be funny to watch (but annoying to redo week after week).

Arrrammis

Where can I get a LL 400 legendary Strangers Rifle?

There's an exotic quest for it. You have to complete a hidden mission in the hard version of the Taken King mission where you go into the vault of glass, a where you collect a few ghosts and complete the mission without wiping.

Deku Tree

I guess Steel Medulla- is a very good LL 400 Full Auto pulse comparable to Strangers Rifle. I'm gonna go with that.

Also Hawksaw and PDX41 can have some good rolls.

Hawksaw and PDX41 can have some good rolls.

Hawksaw is faster/softer hitting and is more competitive in PvP. Saw someone on Reddit recommending the slower ones you're looking at for King's Fall due to one-bursting acolytes.

Really wish that NTTE felt as good as The Stranger's Rifle to use. Maybe it's just the difference in the sights?

Does such a thing exist?
No time to explain. Its actualy quite fun to play in crucible. Have been using it to knock off the crucible arms bouties. I now have the new trials hand canon, pulse rifle and shotgun

EDIT: just saw that you looking for the legendary version. Yup, haksaw its your best option.

Top Bottom